July 2010

Online Users: 1,360 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Cuddlybear Posts : 18 Registered: 11/30/08
July 2010
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 2:23 AM

I am new to this site. I will be having my wedding July 2010. Not sure exact date yet. What an exciting and magical time. I am totally clueless about planning a wedding. Could use any and all help.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;courage to change the things I can;and wisdom to know the difference.

SoonToBeMrsLish Posts : 50 Registered: 11/24/08
Re: July 2010
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

CONGRATULATIONS!!! On the engagement. This is going to be one of the most exciting times for you. Im also a July 2010 bride. July 31 2010 to be exact. All the ladies on here are really helpful and give lots of advice and tips. Dont be afraid to ask. Good luck with all the planning and ENJOY it. The less stress the better!

The love of my life... My other half... My best friend!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsLish

SoontobeMrsLish,

Thanks! July 2010 will be wonderful. Thanks for the response. Less stress the better is right, thats why we chose to have it in 2010 so that we wouldnt have to rush, but can take our time. At first we just took time to enjoy the engagement and really take time to get to know one each other even more. Now it is time to start working hard on wedding plans. Got any ideas on where to start? This is all too new for me. I have been to only a few weddings.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

When me and the FH first got engaged I had no clue where to start. I was so confused and it seemed like no matter what I did nothing was never coming together. But then I started with all the small details. The first thing is set a budget and fill out a "budget calculator". Which there is one on this site but I dont like it as well as the one on ourweddingday.com. Then I went from there. I started picking out styles of dresses for the girls. Mainly start looking around for things and ideas and save LOTS of pictures as they become helpful later. Notebooks are extremely helpful to, to write down ideas. Pick out flowers you might want to use, etc. Just start with little things and next thing you know it all starts to fall into place. Sorry I wrote a novel. lol. I hope this was helpful. Dont be afraid to ask questions bc Im sure I'll be asking them too. Good luck!

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 1:03 AM Go to message in response to: SoonToBeMrsLish

Thanks for the advice!!! Tuesday I finally was able to meet with my Maid of Honor/Wedding Planner. She told me not too stress about anything that she would do it all. We went over some details and now she is going to research things, set appointments up, etc. I will be leaving it all in her hands, but of course I will still have my input. We are going to start meeting weekly. She is going to put lists together, timelines, etc. I value her work and opinions very much. She loves doing this and would some day like to become a wedding planner, so why not start with me. I am getting sooo excited now talking wedding stuff. It will be AWESOME!!!!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 1:27 AM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

Thats great that everything is coming together for you. FH and I have currently put everything on hold due to our money situation. And I currently am not working. But anway, Im so glad everything is coming together. IT soulds so awesome. Have you decided on colors, theme, etc yet? Good luck with everything!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine