Proposal Stories & Rings!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 44

LexiAndClayton Posts : 26 Registered: 12/6/08
Re: Proposal Stories & Rings!
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

mine was simple, but sweet.
first off we talked alot about getting engaged and had been ring shopping for months before he actually proposed. i was going to have my ring custom made (but were long distance so that just didnt seem like a good idea) I was out in california for a couple weeks, for his marine ball (the birthday celebration) id been bugging him that i thought something shiny would look good with my dress for the ball. (i bugged him alot, but he was just as pushy as i am about marrying me and just about as bad as any girl that wants to get asked. haha) but the day of the ball i still hadnt recieved it...i didnt notice too much i was busy doing my hair and makeup for about 4 hours. then we met up with some of the other marines in his unit and their dates, in one of the grand halls we had rented out to get ready in and to meet up and hang out. i came back from the bathroom doing last touchups and everyone was gone. and my fh was waiting for me, i wasnt too worried about time, we had plenty of it, and plus its okay to make a good entrainance being fashionable late. i was busy fixing his metals in this beautiful dinning hall, he let me fuss over him and his dress uniform, lint rolling it and making sure everything was on and straight. after i finished, he got down on one knee, and with a few other words, asked me to marry him.

it took me about 5 sec to take in what was going on, and that it was actually happening. i guess it scares them if you take a few secs, they get nervous about it. of course i said yes...but sometimes you just need to take a sec so you dont mess up your make up that you just spent an hour on...
http://www.brides.com/community/albums/album/1616745?mode=detail&index=12 just incase my photo doesnt show up theres the link to my ring...hopefully that works

Lexi and Clayton

***Unexpected what U did to my heart <3 ***

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: Jeter

Jeter - My man combined my three favorite things for our proposal - Christmas, my daughter, and diamonds! On Sunday night we were going to decorate the tree. He pulls out this snow globe looking ornament with a pink present wrapped in a green bow in the middle of the globe. Well, he knows pink and green are my favorite and more than likely going to be our wedding colors. So, I was thinking he picked out a great ornament! He says "You should hang this one first". Ok! I grab the thing and my daughter (8 years old) says "Mom - wait - you should if there is still a price tag on the bottom!". Didn't even think twice before I flipped it over and read "Erica - will you marry me - love Joe". When I looked over at him he dropped to his knee and did his thing. It was wonderful. And I will always have that beautiful pink and green ornament to remember the day by!

That is a really neat proposal story! So planned out and everything! Congrats!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website 

Jeter Posts : 17 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thanks Mrspinky! He did a good job.

Well - I finally figured out how to post pictures of my ring. LOVING IT!!!! I can't stop staring at it and still don't believe it's really mine!!!!

midevaltimes097.jpg image by jeterbug97
Ring on my finger (above)
ring.jpg image by jeterbug97
Ring set in the box (above)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: Jeter

Wow! What a great ring! congrats again!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website 

TheFutureMrsL Posts : 59 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 1:07 AM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

I don't have much of a story. My BF and I were having a weekend away at his families cabin. We went out to dinner and his sister was suppoe to jin us but called and said she was running late. When we were done eatting I made a trip to the bathroom when I got back our waitress came over to say that Bailey (the bf's sister) would be there in a few minutes and would like to buy is desert upstairs. I went upstairs to find at least a dozen roses and rose petals scattered all over the private room, two pieces of cheesecake, and a little box all wrapped up. The resturante is on Lake Mincoqua so we looked at the view for a few minutes then sat down to the cheesecake and Ijust ignored the box until the BF mentioned it at which time he told me just to open it. And there was the ring. He never even asked "will you marry me?" however since that night he's asked a few times it's cute. I don't have a picture of my ring but it's a wife gold band with I believe a half carat round diamond. Don't quote me on the size but it's big enough for me that's for sure! I do have a picture of where we got engaged though

LexiAndClayton Posts : 26 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: Jeter

ohh my! i love your ring! its sooo pretty!

Lexi and Clayton

***Unexpected what U did to my heart <3 ***

Edited by: LexiAndClayton on Dec 13, 2008 11:25 PM

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 6:49 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

you are very lucky girl, very nice ring, I bought princess too

I bought our rings @

FutureMrsScanlon Posts : 67 Registered: 12/15/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: Franko

Well, my story is kind of strange but I still think it's really cool.

Scott and I had been dating for almost a year and a half. We were discussing the possibility of getting married and starting a family of our own someday. I knew he was the one for me. He treated me like a woman is supposed to be treated, he's a very sweet guy, and his family even loves me! Well a few months ago my only sister tells me that she's engaged to the guy she's been dating for a few months. Well, I really was happy for her, and I'm glad she's moving on with her life (her husband left her and they've been divorced since 2007) but inside I was screaming because I've been hurt before and I seriously thought that I was never going to get married. Scott kept telling me it was going to happen. This went on for about a month. Thanksgiving comes and we're having dinner with my family and after my sister and her fiance and my nephews leave, he pulls me aside and gives me a kiss so strong that it took my breath away.He asks me in this very sweet voice "want to get married?" I didn't know what to say. It wasn't the proposal I was looking for but it was very sweet how he did it. I submitted our engagement announcement into our local paper about a month ago and it was in sunday's paper. After I showed him the engagement announcement... he gets down on one knee, tells me how much he loves me.. and asks me to be his wife. This time, I cried, because that's exactly how I wanted to get a marriage proposal :)

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

shinzui Posts : 22 Registered: 12/14/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

These are all such wonderful stories, I read them all! :)

I just got engaged this past Saturday while on vacation in my home state. It was our last day and he woke me up pretty early because he wanted to see central park before we left. We walked to the subway and sat there for about 25 minutes before we found out the train we were waiting for wasn't running that day.

We went back outside and I noticed a park with a big Christmas tree across the street so I suggested we hang there for a bit. We found a table under the tree and sat down to watch people on the ice rink (we were in Bryant park) and he was telling me how much he loves me and wants to be with me forever, then he pulled out the ring and asked me :) it was very sweet and I'll never forget it <3

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: shinzui

It's very cute to hear how everyone got engaged. Such sweet stories, and creative guys!

Last summer, my FH and I bought a brand new town house. We had some difficulty closing because the housing market sort of fell apart while we were in the process (still got a good price thankfully!). So after months of stress and worry, we finally closed on the house, and we were looking forward to celebrating our new home. We picked up some Chili's to go (we had our first date at Chili's, so it's sort of special, ha ha) and a bottle of champange to toast to the new house and have a romantic first night in our new home. I said my toast first, and he proposed during his toast. I don't know if I'll ever be able to sell the town house now, since it has such happy memories.

luvualways02 Posts : 308 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

FH was planning a get together with some of his work friends and their wife/girlfriend. Well I asked FH if my best friend (MOH) and her DH could come along as well. Little did I know I was messing with his plans. LOL!! So we all "planned" on going to the boardwalk for dinner and drinks. His friends left myspace comments on his page and everything. Well I go to FH's house and we head out there. While he is parking his phone rings. I go to answer it and he said that he has it. I didnt think anything of it. Well it was a girl (I could hear her voice.....come to find out it was my MOH she has a loud mouth lol) so I asked who it was. He said it was Amber (his friends wife). I couldnt understand why she would call him and not the friend but whatever. So we start walking down the boardwalk and I see my MOH and her DH, so I start to walk towards them. Well FH was pulling me away from them. I was getting upset because that is my best friend that I havent seen in a few months and he wouldnt even let me say hi (come to find out he was nervous and wanted to get the proposal done) So we keep walking, and we stop in the corner of the boardwalk. He starts talking about how he loves me and so on (so I finally figured out what was going on) then he drops to one knee and asks me to marry him. Of course I said yes and my MOH was screaming and taking pictures. Then a bunch of people started clapping for us. It was so sweet.

Well none of his friends came to the boardwalk. That was just to keep me thrown off, so I messed things up when I asked my MOH to come. LOL!!! We did get some good pictures and I was actually really happy she was there. She helped pick out my ring and plan the whole thing. She is more of a sister to me.

Well later on that night FH asked if I knew why he picked that particular spot. Of course I didnt. Well he told me that on our first date (which was on the boardwalk) he knew he wanted to marry me when we came to that spot and wanted to kiss me, but didnt have the nerve to. Well he got his kiss and we got engaged there.

We were going to have our engagement pictures there too, but hurrican Ike messed that up. Oh well its still a happy ending to our new beginning.

Here is my ring!!!!
1 1/2ct TW Three-Diamond Anniversary Ring

Edited by: luvualways02 on Dec 16, 2008 5:35 PM

k06angel Posts : 2 Registered: 12/16/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: shinzui

Okay this is really long so I guess u guys can just skim through it haha!

My birthday started out so horrible..I was just mad at the world! I was thinking that my best friend had forgot my birthday and just to find out she was sleepin all day lmao and I just didn't feel good. We had plans to go to chicago and I just didn't didn't feel like going anymore. I came home from my parents house and found my boyfriend dressed up like he was going to church and I hated it! I told him to change becuz he looks like he's going to church and he can't outdo me on my birthday!

So I got even more irritated. I told him I wanted to go to the movies and he kept asking why I didn't feel like going and why I was just in this horrible b****y mood and I told him I didn't know..I didn't like how he was dressed..1 of the many many reasons! So We left the house he said he was going to wash his car and we would go back home so he could change and we would catch a movie. After the car wash he got on I-55 and we were "headed to the movies" so he said. Then he purposely past I-355 and I was beyond mad and we were headed towards chicago.

He said he would get off on the next exit and kept making excuses as to why he kept missing exits. And we ended up in rush hour traffic headed towards chicago! Lets just say I was getting ready to pull my hair out! I didn't want to go to chicago I wasn't dressed for the cold cold weather up there and then he pointed out the skyline and said well i'm taking u somewhere. I was still beyond angry. I was looking at the skyline and the city and it was so beautiful ...................

So we ended up in chicago and he took me to dave and busters things started picking up tho when the txts started to pour in and everyone telling me happy birthday so yea..we sat down had dinner played games and I was ready to go!

Here's the good parts now....lol :)

We were leaving when he said he had to go use the bathroom and I was waiting by the doors and cold and I was sitting there for about 6 minutes and I'm thinking in my head what in the world is he doin?! And he finally came out and we started heading outside and he pretended he didn't kno where the parking deck was and I forgot also lol..it was right down the street tho. Anywho we found it and I was ready to leave and go home for the nite and as we were walking inside he said he hopped on his phone and told me to wait inside and I didn't want to and all of a sudden............................

a beautiful horse pulling a carriage is riding past and as they were coming up I was pointing out to Jeremy and saying really loud I wanna ride one of those things sometime and to my surprise she pulled up and said are u Jeremy and he said yea and my mouth dropped! I ran towards him and whispering to him how does she know ur name! I yelled his name as he started walking and I started walking behind him and I was like what in the world is this?! And he said he just wanted to do something different for my birthday for once.

So we were riding in a carriage in downtown chicago and I felt so awkward at first, but it was really beautiful..i guess I had this look on my face becuz he kept laughing and saying.."u dont like this do u?" And i'm sitting there saying yea it's nice but it's really really COLD! And I was shivering so hard, but we had blankets to keep us warm "somewhat" LOL! I kept getting b-day txts so he made both of us turn off our phones! Anyways then we were passing by all these expensive shops downtown and to my surprise I was looking out the window and saw a beautiful beautiful sparkling wedding dress!!!! I then pointed it out to him and told him I wanna go wedding dress shopping and he said well dont u think we need the ring first and I said, "well duh!" And he said don't rub in my face becuz i knew how much was left to pay on the ring or so i thought and then he told me he didn't wanna talk about the ring for the next couple of weeks! Then he said he wanted to talk to me and I said ok. Making me think something went wrong with the ring.

The carriage stops on the side of the road outside of this beautiful lit up gazebo and she open the door and said she had to adjust Natalie's pads the horse LMAO! :) And she said we can go over to the gazebo to take pictures and we got out and walked up to the gazebo and I was FREEEEEEEEEEEZING MY BUNS OFF!!!! In what..below zero weather I think they said it was that nite. And he said lets take pictures and I said I didn't want to and he said u dont want to and I said no I'm cold. Then we started walking under the gazebo just standing around and he was reading the stone in the ground.

I kept saying lets go it's cold and he took both of my hands and kept saying, "u know I love u right?" And I said yea and I said it again and he said I was his best friend and that he didn't wanna be with anyone else and he asked me the same question again and I said yes come on now lets go it's cold. And he kept looking down at the ground and I started feeling butterflies in my tummy and I was cold and shivering and he dropped down on one knee and I dropped my mouth and said what are u doing..dont play with me and I kept saying it becuz I thought I was gonna cry and he was going to be one of those guys who does things like that and then says it was just a joke cuz I was expecting it around christmas eve or christmas day. And I was going to be mad if it was a joke..........

He started reaching into his pocket for something and pulled out a little black box and opened it and said I know we've been through a lot but there is no one else I would rather be with and he POPPED THE QUESTION!!!!

And I turned my body a bit and I was in shock when I saw the ring and that he actually meant it and wasn't playing! And I said yes and he stood up and put it on me and said so will u be my wife and I said yes babe! I was so shocked and happy and COLD and I was afraid to cry becuz I was afraid of my tear freezing up on my face LOL! And I was to shocked!

So we hugged started walking to the carriage and it started to lightly snow and she said so were u surprise and I said yes! So anywho I got a rose to take with me and a bottle of "non-alcoholic" grape juice LOL becuz they couldn't give us bottle of wine for some reason..I dont think they can do that..I dont kno..we were over 21 though! But she dropped us off down town and it started snowing a little bit harder when we were standing there together just looking up at the sky. It was beautiful and romantic but COLD!!!!!! SO he got me..I didn't expect it and he did good lolz.

I was expecting around christmas or new years cuz I kept beating it out of him! and I wanted a time frame..so yea i was surprised!

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: k06angel

My long story starts last year around this time. I told my then-BF that we would spend the holidays with our own respective families until WE were family, or at least engaged. He assured me that within a year's time, we would be introducing one another to our families as "my fiance/e...".
Fast forward to October 2008, I start flipping out because he hasn't proposed yet and Thanksgiving is coming up! I'm spending hours a week looking at rings on the internet, looking at local jewelers, giving my best friend specs on my dream ring in case he asks her for ideas. First we ordered a diamond, and it got here and I couldn't wait to put it in a ring. Then I picked a setting, and we went in together to buy it. We left my diamond with the jeweler for the ring to be set and sized, and the wait began. I KNEW the proposal was imminent, so I didn't think he could possibly surprise me. I only knew that he insisted on taking my parents out to dinner to ask them first, so I kept hounding them and my FH but all kept saying they hadn't gotten together yet.
For some reason on November 21, I briefly thought he'd propose, but I thought he hadn't asked my parents yet and my mom was out of town so it was out of the question. I also figured he might wait until my birthday, which was right after Thanksgiving, so I told myself to chill out and just enjoy my evening. I got home from work and got ready to go to a party with my aunts and grandma (it was fun, despite sounding lame!)
In the kitchen, I scooped up my kitten, Magoo, for a quick snuggle. I was distracted because I was in a hurry to go to the party but eventually I noticed that Magoo had an ID tag on his collar. I said something like "Oooohh what's this Magoo?" and looked at it. It said "Will you marry me" (no room for a question mark lol). FH got down on his knee and I don't even remember if he asked me to marry him! He claims he asked if I'd make him the happiest man in the world but he was so nervous I don't trust his memory either! But I started crying and took the ring and said "Yes" several times and laughed because he got me after all!!!!!! He had talked to my parents almost a week before and they all lied when I asked if they had talked yet.
I got to the party and showed off my bling to all my relatives, who I was super excited to see. They were all like, "Silly girl! Go home to your man and celebrate!!" Ironically I was the last one to leave because I was talking to my grandma about marriage and life. It was a really special night.
I already posted these but I love my ring(s)!
magoo and ring 017 by you.
magoo and ring 015 by you.

.:Katie:.

Saeria Posts : 14 Registered: 12/13/08
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 4:55 AM Go to message in response to: JJsWifey08

The moment my fh asked me to marry him was the most perfect thing ever for me. Dec. 5 my baby told me he was going somewhere after work. It didn't really shock me since he did this most of the time, but as soon as he showed up to my house later that night, he pulled out a box, and said I promise to be with you forever and always. Then he slid the ring on my finger. Originally the plan was for my christmas gift to be a promise ring since we are so young (im 16 and hes 19). Then we went to go hang out with friends and catch up with family. Of course I was showing off my new ring, but everyone was upset that it wasn't an engagement ring. I understood why he didn't ask me, and it didn't bother me. Later that night, after having dinner with his family, he took me to this clearing behind his house where you can see sky so clearly. I was wrapped up in his arms, and he held me tightly, kissed my cheek, and asked me "You know I love you right Jasmine?" I replied with an of course, and he said I want to spend every moment of everyday with you. and then he kissed my forehead, and whispered in my ear and asked me to spend eternity with him as his wife. It was so sweet and romantic.

My princess, My angel, My mate, My Love: No matter what name I give you you will forever be mine

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Well my proposal wasn't anything at all what I was expecting but it worked out perfectly....

Brandon had been living in Ohio for about a month when he moved back to Virginia to be with me. I had known that he had purchased the ring but I was under the impression that it was still being created because I have tiny fingers so they couldn't size any ring I wanted down enough. Well I had taken Monday off to spend time with him. All weekend he had been acting so odd anytime a wedding show would come on or anyone would mention weddings. So finally monday night as we were getting in bed for the night he asked me to get him a t-shirt. I thought it was weird because he NEVER slept with a tshirt EVER! But I got up and went to get his tshirt. When I opened the drawer I was shocked to see a ring sitting in ts box opened on top of his clothes... At first I thought OMG i'm not suppsoed to see this am i? So as I turned around he was holding my 9 month old son and said "Will you marry me baby?" I was surprised and didn't know what to say... all I could say was " I don't know what to say" His only response was" Well I yes could work" I said of course I will and ran over to give him a cracker filled kiss I had just stuffed a cracker in my mouth before I had gotten up to get his shirt We celebrated the next night by going to dinner.

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine