Christmas-Themed Favorites Survey!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Christmas-Themed Favorites Survey!
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I also am not a fan of Rudolph. The one I hate the most is about the elf who wanted to be a dentist - I can't event think of the name now.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knubkles and I know how to use them.

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? Baby its cold outside... I dont know who sings it...

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? This Christmas Chris Brown and Santa Baby Kellie Pickler

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie?Ok so call me young but I love The Grinch Who Stole Christmas with Jim Carey... and Rudolph

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? mmm turkey and Ham and Mashed Potatoes... ok im gettin hungry

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe. Just my santa hat... Its read and black... Im looking for a pink and black one this year....

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ4Life wrote:

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

I LOVE it..lol..great sig. lol.

I agree that ELF is an all year round movie. Hey does anyone else like the Hallmark Christmas movies?? I think they have some really good ones. Although I seem to have hardly any time to watch TV now a days.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Bride- It's Kirby! I for one am a huge nerd. I love the Rudolph claymation. I love a Christmas Story. I watch it probably 15 times. I love a Charlie Brown Christmas. I don't like anything Christmas with Micky or Minnie Mouse. I know they have some Christmas cartoons out there.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? Johnny Mathis Christmas album - my mom always played it when I was young.

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? The Waittress's song that NJ mentioned (love that one!) and Marey Carey's All I want for Christmas is you!

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie? I am a Christmas movie junkie! One of my favorites is Home for the Holidays - it's actually a Thanksgiving movie but it's hilarious - totally disfunctional family issues.

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? Cookies, cookies, cookies...oh did I mention cookies??

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe.
I don't!! How sad! :(

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Happiness is your doggy meeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Lol My one year old son loved rudolph last night he laughed so hard at it im not sure he understood it but he laughed none the less the entire time the movie was on... So cute makes me love it even more

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Cyclist - was Home for the Holidays the one with Holly Hunter and Robert Downey,Jr.? If I am remembering it correctly, I liked that one too.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knubkles and I know how to use them.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsDenuninani wrote:For the Christmas junkies (like me) out there.

For once... a USE for this stupid "Let's Quote The Whole Danged Post in a Box"

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? - The entire Jewel Christmas CD (beautiful), Mr. Heatmizer (big bad voodoo daddy), and The Twelve Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser -- honestly... YOUTUBE this because you're going to love it so much you have to buy the whole CD (Indiana Christmas is beautiful too)

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? -- Harry Connick Jr. "Happy Elf" I love the beat

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie? -- Sleepless in Seattle and The Lord of the Rings trillogy, and Harry Potter. Yeah.. Iknow. NOT CHRISTMAS MOVIES but I watch them at Christmas.

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? Mincemeat pie (yay! someone else loves this), my dad's Fudge (and I'll put his up against all your momma's <G>. the great Brides.Com Fudge Off. I would SO be a judge on that!), Gingerbread Houses (I really like the ones that come pre-disassembled!)

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe. -- my secret shame. I have more than I could legitimately wear in one Christmas season. I bought two shirts this year at Belk...both black. One with reindeer on it (and bells) and one with cats in santa hats. Last year it was a red one with Cats in Santa Hats. I have a handpainted shirt with toy soldiers. I have a really glitzy blace sweater with pointesettias and pearl beads (lots of bling on that), I have a red sweater with pointsettias in red sequins. I have gingerbread man jammies. I have green jammies with cats in santa hats. I have at least 4 pairs of christmas socks -- most with cats on them (I am sure you sense a theme now). My santa hat is red with leopard trim (I've seen a pink leopard one and I really wanted it, but it was way too big. If it had just been slightly too big, it would have been mine.) I have necklaces and earrings and bracelets. Amazingly, I do not wear the stuff everyday. The black sweater is for the christmas eve service. The rest are worn mostly with jeans, and if I've got on a christmas shirt, I am not wearing the jewelry. I know. Stacy and Clint would click their tongues at me and toss them ALL in the trash bin.

I also am a fan of the Rudolph and those other cartoons, but I HATE HATE HATE The Little Drummer Boy (always have--won't watch it.). I also don't like <gasp> The Christmas Story

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I cannot believe I forgot Love Actually. THats one of my faves. I love when Colin Firth goes to the restaurant and speaks Portuguese! Now that I know a little I cant wait to watch it again so I Can try to understand it. Oh and I love the assistant that Hugh Grant falls in love with. She's funny.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

nanette927 -

Just for you NJ and Pinky!!!!

runs away

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Bride2008 - yes it is!! I will be watching Love Actually in the near future! I love Hugh Grant - so cute!!

Bride2008 wrote:
Cyclist - was Home for the Holidays the one with Holly Hunter and Robert Downey,Jr.? If I am remembering it correctly, I liked that one too.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knubkles and I know how to use them.

Happiness is your doggy meeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsDenuninani wrote:For the Christmas junkies (like me) out there.

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best?
The Little Drummer Boy, The First Noel, Carol of the Bells

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song?
I love the Barenaked Ladies/Sarah McLaughlin version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Actually the whole CD, "Barenaked for the Holidays" is great. I also like Clay Aiken's "The First Noel". And "Christmas in Sarejevo" by Transiberian Orchestra

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
"A Christmas Story", "Love, Actually"

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food?
So many things--fudge, Chex Mix, Eggnog, my mom makes yummy cheese fondue on Christmas Eve. Sugar cookies in christmas shapes.

I have a green vest decorated with Christmas stuff, a tree and a snowman I think. I also have a white turtleneck with some holly on the neck that I wear with the vest. And I have a couple pairs of Christmas socks.

We've been married a year!!!!

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

White Christmas - Bing Crosby and Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley

All I want for Christmas is you - Mariah Carey

I love the cartoon version of how the Grinch stole Christmas. I also love crazy family Christmas movies - National lampoons Christmas vacation and Home alone.

Egg nog and short bread cookies

I have some Christmas socks and panties but no real Christmas clothes but I have an awesome big sparkly santa hat that I I wear on Christmas morning

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

White Christmas by Bing Crosby Classic!

Santa Can You Hear Me?- Britney Spears or Wizards in Winter- TSO

White Christmas

Cookies

I have red and multi-colored stocking earrings

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? I don't know if you would consider these classics, but I LOVE Domink the Italian Christmas Donkey sung by Lou Monte I think AND I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas sung by 10-year old Gayla Peevey.

Merry Christmas from the Family

It's a Wonderful Life

Cranberry Sauce, Turkey, Gravy, my aunt's Dressing

Nope, not anymore.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine