Opposite Sex Friends

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Re: Opposite Sex Friends
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I have male friends, and my FH knows that I do. He has met some of them that I worked with. My FH does have female friends. I'm not jealous, and he isn't jealous.
My best-friend (a female) had male friends and her FH (ex now) was very jealous. They broke up because of it. He had once a girlfriend that cheated on him, and he thought my best-friend was.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

LexiAndClayton Posts : 26 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

We both have friends of the opposite sex, I have alot more guy friends than he does girl friends, but weve never questioned trust, its never been like that for us, its always been, "well..I love you, I trust you and know you would never do anything to hurt or disrespect me, so theres never really been any issues with that. Hes always been find with my guy friends, but he does get upset if they disrespect me or mine and his relationship, and hes just looking out for me. alot of my guy friends relize how much he means to me, but ive had a few still try and make a move, which makes me disgusted, so i dont have a problem cutting guys like that out of my life, there not my real friends if they dont think about my happiness. my love works with some girls, but it doesnt bother me in the least, i think hes a big enough boy to make his own desicions on who he wants to talk to. and i trust him to respect me and i know he loves me and wouldnt risk what we have on something stupid.

Lexi and Clayton

***Unexpected what U did to my heart <3 ***

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: LexiAndClayton

We both have opposite-sex friends, but our closest friends happen to be of the same sex. Not on purpose - that's just the way it is right now. I don't think either of us would have a problem with the other having a close opposite-sex friend...as long as the friend didn't think he/she was going to get more than friendship. For example, I'd be uncomfortable with DH having a female friend that gets a little too 'handsy,' and I think he'd feel the same way about me. As long as the boundaries are clear, it's not a problem.

But right now, each of our closest friends happen to be of the same sex. We each have plenty of opposite-sex friends that we see in groups, and we're close with the significant others' of our same-sex friends...but our closest friends just happen to be of the same sex right now.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

One of my 3 closest friends is a guy. I would do anything for this guy, and DH knows that. DH also knows him and he was in our wedding. I mean, DH knows that its just friends and he is ok with the two of us hanging out by ourselves. However, DH doesn't really have any female friends. Not because I'm jealous, but because he never hung out with any girls before we got together. Kinda odd. LOL

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 10:35 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I have many guy friends. Dh is only jealous of the one. I don't know why, but he is. DH has many friends who are women, mostly due to the field he is in. Medical Technology is a female heavy field. I really don't care, but the one friend from hs doesn't seem too thrilled with me. She glared at me when we double dated with her and her husband then rudely turned down my offer to be my long tern sub while I;m on maternity leave. I don't let it bother me.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

I have always had guy friends. I've ended relationships before DH because of the jealousy and ultimatums.

Now, I seem to have a lot more girlfriends then I ever did growing up. But I still have a core group of guys friends. My best friend is female and lives in NJ but my closest friend where I live now is a guy. When I first started dating DH, he worked a lot of nights and he'd call me and be like - where are you at? And I was hanging with Ted - and DH NEVER got upset about it. When I told him that I really appreciated it, he was like - you've known him for 10 years, you've known me for 3 months - what right do I have to say anything. Also, obviously, Ted and I respect my relationship with DH, so DH has never had a reason to worry.

And now DH is very good friends with Ted - I encourage them to have guy nights with some of our other friends. And then DH even asked Ted to be his Best Man - And I have NOTHING to do with it. LOL

And when my brother had a horrible time and ended up in the hospital, and DH (FH at the time) was working really early in the morning - I went and hung out with Ted and our other friend James. And DH was completely OK with it, he had to go to bed and he really didn't want me to be alone.

Now, DH doesn't have that many female friends. There are a couple and I'm totally cool with that. Heck, he does stuff for my girlfriends ALL the time and I'm not there. It's all good.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine