Done with theknot

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 77

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: Done with theknot
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

RanAway2Maine wrote:
mrspinky-Your little green friend has put me in a hypnotic state....I've missed you-how've you been??
Lol you and Nannette both! Been good. Sore from last night's martial arts class though. Whew!

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

SHAKIMBO Posts : 6 Registered: 12/2/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

I love Ace of Cakes too. Charm City Cakes is very close to where I live. I would looooooove to have my wedding cake made by them but they are booked well over a year in advance and I am sure Duff's work isn't cheap!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Welcome!! Isn't theknot just awful? I had a horrible experience there too. When I first got married I asked a simple question on how to get my DH to lift a finger around the house. I was berated and belittle and basicly told to "get back in the kitchen". I was soo mad!! It is much easier to get advise and tips from here. They do have really easy to use planners but their boards are horrible.

SHAKIMBO Posts : 6 Registered: 12/2/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Yeah, it is just way too much crap to sift through when you are trying to find something you really want to read about.

goheels05 Posts : 7 Registered: 2/21/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Please direct me to these catfights you speak of.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Welcome! We have our own share of BS occasionally, but overall, this site and the ladies on it will be incredibly helpful in your planning process. I know they helped me!! :-)

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

I love love love his show. That's crazy they are booked that far in advance. Just over a year ago he was a nobody. I also love Geoff on the show. His dry humor is hilarious.

Here's a link to their FAQ page http://www.charmcitycakes.com/noflash/index.cfm?rd=faq

How much are your cakes?
Because all of our cakes are priced individually by the complexity of their design, we do not have a standard price list.

Due to the care we give to each cake and the one-of-a-kind nature of each order, we require a minimum of $1000 on all of our cakes.

Guess I won't be using them. lol

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

sweetpeas Posts : 31 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

I love ace of cakes... Although I wouldn't exactly use them for their service (I ain't got $1000 for a cake) I bet it's well worth the money!

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Welcome Shakimbo! I have heard a lot of horror stories over there at theknot. When I first started planning, I couldn't find anything over there because of the way the forums are organized. It's definitely better over here. Have a happy planning!

Photobucket

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Welcome and Congrats!!! I love it here, the ladies are really helpful, I too had issues with theknot. I also really want to try one of Duff's cakes!! Unfortunately I am poor and living in Missouri :( so that seems unlikely!!!

Gothicprincess Posts : 192 Registered: 3/3/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 2:51 AM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Welcome.

i would have to agree, the knot ladies are not nice at all. they ask you about your wedding, so naturally you tell them, then they bag you because apparently they were joking?
theknot = lame
brides.com = yay fun
lol

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 7:34 AM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Hi,
I'm new here also. After reading all the post here, I'm happy i didn't post a thing at theknot. I don't need drama :)

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

I hate the Knot, too. Everybody on these boards who has been to the Knot tells awful stories, but every time I go over there (you know...because if there's awful stories in the making, I want to see them play out!), it's ridiculously boring. I just don't get those girls. Or I don't get the ins and outs of their forum. It's weird and super-cliquey and I'm never interested in a single topic that they're discussing. Which is why I'm here...not necessarily for the wedding talk, but because I enjoy the people.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome to the boards!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 7:55 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I almost think we should charge MisterKelley with creating a knot screen name and going over there and having some serious fun with them <eg>. Afterall, he is now specializing in trainwrecks and jackassery, so it sounds like it is something that is right up his alley.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine