Need help with proposal ideas in New York City

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 5 user(s). Replies: 6

v40101 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/11/08
Need help with proposal ideas in New York City
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 4:00 PM

My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to NYC in mid december. I want to propose on carriage ride. I have a couple questions that I figured someone on here could answer. Do they do them in the snow? I know there are carriage rides through central park, do they do them anywhere else? I tried googling it but I didn't have much luck! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! 

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: Need help with proposal ideas in New York City
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: v40101

I'm sorry that noone has any information for you (I don't either). I did want to say that I think that sounds like a very sweet proposal and I hope you get the answers you are looking for. May I suggest you post this same thread in the "Wedding Planning- General" section. It gets a lot more traffic and some of the New York brides may see it and have an answer for you. Good luck!

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

lin and nate

asoldiersprince... Posts : 182 Registered: 8/14/06
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: v40101

awesome idea! i live in ny so i should be able to help you some.carriage rides are manily done in central park.they are done in the snow however it is rare that it snows here in dec.its just cold.here is a link i hope that helps:

http://www.centralpark.com/pages/hotels-and-tourism/horse-drawn-carriage-rides.html

http://www.ajnfineart.com/mcc.html

http://www.lovetoeatandtravel.com/Site/US/NY/Fun/carriage.htm

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: v40101

You can do what I did - I proposed to MrsKelley underneath the Christmas tree in Rockerfeller Center. In front of about 3000 people.  I remember someone saying " hey this guy just proposed to his girlfriend" and about 50 people started clapping. Cold as hell but it was worth it. And she never expected it.

MisterKelley - Now specializing in Trainwrecks and Jackassery

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: v40101

My FH proposed to me while we were ice skating in Rockafeller Center in front of the big Christmas tree(something I always wanted to do).  When he first went down on his knee I thought he slipped or had to tie his skate or something, and then I saw the ring.  It was perfect. 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: MisterKelley

Awww - MisterKelley is right. I didnt expect that proposal at all. And it was perfect because of my love for Christmas. Perfect!!! I remember having to take off my MITTENS to put on the ring. It was FREEZING!!! But pp is right about the snow - it hardly ever snows in NYC honestly, so that might be tough to plan. Maybe twice a year if that.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: v40101

very good idea, i have read an ebook while ago with many proposal ideas any people are so creative, i could not beleive it. If you want i can send it to you, i think i still have it somewhere

have you watched seinfeld (kramer and carriage), just joking, I am sure this will not happen to you
I bought our rings @

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine