DJ Price?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

kclady Posts : 13 Registered: 11/16/08
Re: DJ Price?
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

you can get a good for about $500, you'd be surprise how many DJ's are out there at a good price. good luck looking.

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

KJsGirl wrote:

I just posted yesterday asking how much you pay your officiant. So sorry for all the price questions but we're trying to set our budget. The DJ service we love charges $595 for 5 hours. It includes reception planning meetings, unlimited music selection, full sound including subs if needed, drop screen options, LED & laser lighting for dance floor, fog and/or bubbles.

Also, if $595 is a good price ... how much do we tip the DJ? I was thinking $50-100 for 5 hours of work. But wasn't sure...

We found our DJ through my brother. He's well known and DJ's various types of functions. He charged us $300 (250 for four hours + $50 for gas --he came from 2 hours away). I was very pleased with him. We didn't require him to come to any meetings, nor did we require anything other than his sound system (and his time lol). We did not tip our DJ because he owns his own company. However, I was told that if a DJ works FOR a company, then you should tip him.

Long story short, I think you are getting a good price for all that is included!

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

love1019 Posts : 3 Registered: 11/24/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hello KJ - that price sounds great in my opinion!!!! I'm working on finding a DJ now as well, and the price varies from a couple hundred to the thousands!!!!!!! I wish I could only spend $595 and get all the goodies you are getting!!! The cheapest I found here in Columbia, MO is $750 - and thats for someone who is pretty reputable, has several years of experience and has all the lights and goodies that I want! but the CHEAPEST I found was like $200 for the whole night ... but hes just fairly new to the business and has only done a hand full of other weddings! I contacted two of his refrences and they had nothing to say but good things about his service .... but I'm just a little doubtful when they are so new! Its my big day, I want it to be perfect, ya know?!?!? But everyone has to start somewhere, right?? You should give me the info for your DJ service - I'll call them and see if they would travel to Columbia! lol :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine