reception ideas

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

heather348 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/20/08
reception ideas
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 11:39 PM

hello ladies i we are having our wedding reception in my grandparents backyard and the yard opens to a field with trees i am planing to use white christmas lights for lighting because its going tobe at night also we are gonna put floating candles in the pool but other than that im stuck can i please get some ideas????

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: reception ideas
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: heather348

Do you want other lighting ideas, or ideas in general? Give us more info. on your wedding (colors, style, season, specific questions) so we can help.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: myra

The wedding is July 18th and our colors are Clover and silver... since we are having the wedding at night i was thinking of doing candle centerpieces but i have no clue where to start i just need general ideas we know we want whit circle tables and a dance floor that goes outside but other than that we have noooo idea what to do as far as decorating. What should i do as far as lighting, food, centerpieces stuff like that???? PLEASE LADIES ANY IDEA WILL HELP TO GET US IN SOME DIRECTION... (WE WANT IT TO BE SOMEWHAT ROMANTIC BUT CLASSIC AND FUN AT THE SAME TIME!!!)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: heather348

I think if you stick to really simple things it will look really elegant like the xmas lights, candles, lanterns, maybe some lanterns?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thanks so are you from galveston... im from houston

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: heather348

Nope we live in Houston too. Just got married in Galveston.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: heather348

I can send you lots of pictures of outdoor receptions and lighting ideas. Just contact me through my website and I'll send some out to you. An open tent with hanging lanterns would be great. It's easy to rent or construct a dance floor. Do you have access to electricity at your locale (for music, lighting, heat if necessary)? Candle centerpieces would be great--hurricane lamps or lanterns would protect them against the breeze. There also are "flameless" candles and LED lights to choose from.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 3:32 PM Go to message in response to: heather348

I've always thought those paper globe lanterns were beautiful, people get them strung above the reception and they add a subtle light and just look beautiful. I'll post some pictures that I'm finding of various ideas:

MayinRome Posts : 10 Registered: 7/9/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: heather348

I love stylish ideas from this place on Brides.com : http://www.brides.com/realweddings/weddings/172561#_chip=0_slide=172564

Garden reception will work well with chiffon wedding dress: http://www.chiffonweddingdress.com/Designer-Wedding-Dress.html

Good Luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine