I want flawless!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

SwEeTpEa09 Posts : 6 Registered: 9/21/08
I want flawless!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 1:17 PM

You know that awesome look celbs have that make them look like their makeup was airbrushed on?? How in the world do I get that look????

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: I want flawless!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

sometimes they use an airbrush. hehe

Talk to a makeup artist about your skin and what kind of makeup would work for you! I'm a big fan of Mac makeup myself.  Do you have a macy's near you? Sometimes they have Mac makeup counters in them! Try them out! :) 

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Bare Essentials make up. You can go to Macy's or Sephora and they will do it for you. It is life changing! I don't really wear make up, but was having a horrible day and figured I would go get my make up done. I went to Macys and the girl asked if she could do my make up. I let her then ended up buying the kit they sell and am now hooked! I don't wear it everyday, but when I do I ALWAYS get compliments. So many of my friends have switched to it! Also if you go to Sephora and have them do it for you, you can ask for a free sample of everything so you can try it yourself to decide if you really like it. But it does wonders. Even my FMIL who used to cake her face with make up switched to this stuff. It is very light and feels like you are makeup less!

OrthoRN Posts : 323 Registered: 11/24/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

You can have make up air brushed on to eliminate flaws - ask around your area, contact bridal shops & beauty salons.

Message was edited by: OrthoRN

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Hello-

I know what you mean-you want that "glowing" look!

The way I did it was to suntan or booth tan to a healthy shade and just put some Cover Girl powder over your face and neck-wipe of excess. Get a shade that's dark enough to match your tan. I stay far away from pinks and red blushes and dark makeup, myself. 

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Click to See Our Photo Album and Vows Video

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine/?mediafilter=videos

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Sweet Pea, that flawless look that you're talking about is usually the result of a whole lot of makeup.  Sometimes, it's actually airbrushed.  Certain MAC stores actually can airbrush make up for you.  My sister, who is a make up artist and did my make up for my wedding, told me that although people's instinct is to wear light make up for their wedding day (for those that don't typically wear make up), you shouldn't do that because you need a certain amount of make up in order to achieve that look of flawlessness because of the way the camera catches the light, pigmentations, and shades on your face.  So, to sum up, if you want to look good in uncorrected photos, then you're going to have to wear a lot of make up or get your face airbrushed.  Wearing a ton of makeup (the right way) is really for the purpose of getting that flawless look in photos, and not necessarily in real life. 

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Oopsie. Double post.

Message was edited by: hellokitty4ever

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

oh! i saw an infomercial a few months back about some home airbrushing stuff that the celebs use... lemme see if i can find it...

https://www.luminessair.com/default.aspx
(may need to copy/paste link cuz i suck at the html on this site)

they have a 30day trial for a decent price and claim that it's great for brides who want an airbrushed look. the infomercial seemed pretty convincing!

if ya don't wanna use that, like a PP said, I'd recommend bare essentials or covergirl's TruBlend minerals foundation. It works pretty well and blends with your skin.

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

My make-up artist did airbrush on my foundation and I loved it.  Air-brished foundation gives you flawless coverage without feeling heavy or looking caked on. Here's a link to my make-up artist under "weddings" you can see how the airbrushed foundation looks.

http://www.luxagency.net/portfolio/portfolio_weddings.html

Good Luck!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

allbusiness Posts : 106 Registered: 7/17/07
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

If you're booking a makeup artist, most do airbrush makeup.  It's a little more expensive, but worth it.  It lasts all day, covers any and all facial imperfections, and is lightweight and comfortable. 

DON'T do Bare Minerals.  It's great for everyday (I'm a loyal addict), but it has a bit of shimmer in it and that doesn't look good in professional photos. 

ciscokid Posts : 119 Registered: 8/8/07
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 3:35 PM Go to message in response to: allbusiness

I disagree. I love the bare minerals and thought it worked great in pro pics. For the OP: to make your own decision, here are my e-pics (just got them!!). They are in-studio and outside, I'm wearing bare minerals that I did myself. No professional application.

http://www.richardhouck.net/Webpage/CustomerPage.html

Click "Leigh Ann and Michael" Password is CLIFTON

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: ciscokid

I'm the bride- I am 39 yrs old, I did my own make up and my MOH and both my daughters make up.  I used MAC as my foundation and Bare Esential as a top coat to set my make up in.  It was 100 degrees outside and my make-up lasted me the whole time with only 1 touch up after dancing all night.

I went to MAC and I hated the way the make-up made me look. I went to Macy's and hated the way theirs looked.  I use both so I just used what I had at home.  So you might have to try out a few places or play with it at home.  Either way good Luck.     

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

Message was edited by: nanette927

hearts2halo Posts : 34 Registered: 11/12/08
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Alot of make up artists use the airbrush. A friend of mine did it for us for her wedding. It does last all night, and I am sure it would have lasted forever with that spray on!! I literally had to scrub it off with a sponge!!! It makes for awesome pics too if you dont have naturally oily skin. You cant krinkle your eyebrow or drink anything for the hour after its done, but again it looks really good after that. From my experience (6 weddings in 6 yrs) Just doing regular make up not paying the extra and using good quality make up looks just as good. And its not as harsh on your skin as the airbrush stuff is.

www.weddingcountdown.com

futue.jenn.parr.googlepages.com

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:36 AM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 3122 is just $359.99.

Mikan Posts : 16 Registered: 11/15/12
Posted: Dec 6, 2012 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: SwEeTpEa09

Try visiting this site http://www.allbeauty.com.au

But I prefer this one - http://www.allbeauty.com.au/listing.php?id=1306

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine