Mario Michele Studio Photography

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

jeann71 Posts : 6 Registered: 1/23/08
Mario Michele Studio Photography
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 11:45 AM

Has any one heard of this studio? was going to use them because I know a bride who had a good experince with them, but that was over 12 years ago. When I googled them I found on hoboken411.com 3 bad reviews and a compliant on compliant.com. I just want to figure out if it is isolated incident or is this another celebration scam going on. Thanks for any feed back .

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Re: Mario Michele Studio Photography
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: jeann71

Hello,

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding.  While I have never heard of this studio, I took a couple of moments to read through the complaints you found and look at their website.  If I were looking for a photographer, I would continue my search for a photographer.  Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to fully understand my thought process. 

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

BellaIsabella Posts : 3 Registered: 12/4/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: jeann71

Hi! I am getting married in May of next year and I see that you are too. I also went to see Mario Michele Studio and just booked them a few days ago. We were recommended by a friend of mine who used them 2 years ago. I love their work and feel very comfortable with them. I did read the reviews that were written about them, and before I signed the contract I asked them what that was about. Lucy explained to me that because of their move into the new studio, which they aren't in yet, they have been delayed with their production of albums. This hellped me alot because I was concerned about it. But my friend also mentioned that you only read the bad things that are written about a studio bcz that's when people take the time out to write anything. No one ever writes anything good bcz at that point they are happy and need to vent about anything...lol. Anyway, I wish you luck with finding a photographer! Congratulations!

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: BellaIsabella

Thank yo so much for your reply. I really appreciate

the input. I have decided to go with another photographer. After reading about those brides and learning that there were yet more brides upset either because of delays or never being called for their engament shoot , I figured it is better to stay away. My girlfriend got burnt with that celebration scandle and I definatly do not want that to happen to me. Hope all goes well with your wedding and congradulations to you also.

celi Posts : 1 Registered: 12/16/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: jeann71

Hi Jeann, you did the right thing. I booked with them to do my wedding four months ago. I was promised proofs within 30 days on CD and printed, and web hosting. I never received web hosting. I just received proofs on a cd in the mail (Not cleaned up) after leaving tons of messages on their voice mail, and sending e-mails for the last three months. Til' today, they still have not called me. THEY DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS! Lucy and Sonia is pleasant when you meet with them, and is full of promises to try to make you feel comfortable in order to get your business. Photographers was good. Pictures could have been better. The upscale prices they charge, they should give upscale customer service. Great customer service goes a long ways. I really wish I would have went with another Studio. I feel like I'm dealing with Celebrations Studio. Hopefully, I will get a call to finalize my album. BRIDES GO ELSEWHERE!!!

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: celi

I feel so bad for you brides!! this has to be a nightmare for you girls.Is there anything legaly you can do. maybe confront them togather like the brides from celebration photography did. It is at least a chance. I wish you all lots of luck in getting you contract fullflled.

sister Posts : 1 Registered: 5/13/09
Posted: May 13, 2009 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: celi

IF ANYONE READS THIS! DO NOT USE MARIO MICHELLE

My sister got married in 2007 and STILL has not received any images from Mario Michelle. Although she has fully paid for over 3 albums, the studio will NOT receive or return any of her phonecalls.

THE STUDIO IS A SCAM AND HAS COST MY FAMILY THOUSANDS.... and lost memories!!
helping future brides out by telling them to avoid fraudulent photographers

westmountbride Posts : 1 Registered: 9/24/09
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: sister

I have had a poor experience with Mario Michele. I got married in 2005 and am still trying to get the rest of the pictures that are owed to me in the package I bought. I received my album but am still waiting for the 8X10, 5X7 etc. I have left numerous messages and have spoken to them many times. The main excuse has been that the pictures are in storage due to their upcoming move. Their move has been completed for a while now, I have left several stern messages for them and finally received a call back. My next step was going to be letting them know I am taking legal action. I am scheduled to pick up the pictures this weekend... we shall see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: westmountbride

Ladies,

" My next step was going to be letting them know I am taking legal action."

Just a heads-up here.

I am a moderator on a legal/financial website. I answer questions on the financial side, but lurk on the legal side.

I am not qualified to give any kind of legal advice, however I will make an observation. Many people come to our website with stuff like "I want to threaten legal action to get Mr X to pay up."

You are ill-advised to threaten legal action unless you fully intend to follow through. Threatening legal action just to get someone to move in your direction is extortion. There are cases where a person is charged with criminal extortion thanks to "Pay Up Or I'll Sue" type letters.

If you are having trouble with a vendor (this one or others), and you have exhausted all normal channels, then it might be time to sue in small claims or civil court. Before you do anything, discuss your situation with a lawyer and let that person review any contracts you have with the vendor. Then, ask the lawyer about writing a letter that requests the vendor follow through on their contract. That way you will be protected from any hint of extortion. Your lawyer can also advise you on going to small claims court or regular civil court if the amount is too high for SCC.

If you are unsure about where to find a lawyer, ask friends for a recommendation. You can also call the local Bar Association, briefly describe your situation ("I am having trouble with a vendor from my wedding.") and ask for referrals.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine