Who pays for the airline tickets?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Who pays for the airline tickets?
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 4:21 PM

We are considering a destination wedding.  Possibly in the US (maybe mountains or something pretty) but different local for a change of scenery, then honey moon far far away somewhere cold (since we live on the beach).  I was curious though is it our responsibility to pay for airfare?  I went to a destination wedding two summers ago in Wisconsin and my dad paid for our tickets.  BTW Wisconsin was BEAUTIFUL!  I wouldn't have ever gone if it weren't for the wedding but I see why they chose that location.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Re: Who pays for the airline tickets?
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

I think if I was having a DW, I'd talk to some of the guests I'd really want there and see if they could afford to come. Usually I wouldn't suspect there'd be too many guests. But IMO I'd say the guests pay for them. Unless of course you have the money to fly everyone out, then by all means, do so!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

Jenkatherine Posts : 3 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I'm having a destination wedding in June '09 in Mexico.  All of my guests are paying their own way to the wedding.  We did talk to all of our "must have" guests prior to deciding on a destination wedding, and we did send out "Save the Dates" and our Travel Agent info a year ahead.  Not 1 of our invitees has given us a hard time about having to pay for their own trip (of course, we'll have a lot less guests make the trip then who would've come to a wedding at home). 

ChelSEA84 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/10/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

I think it's pretty normal for the guests to pay their own way. It only makes sense since you can't expect the couple to pay for everyone - the wedding alone is very expensive!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine