September 2009 WIVES!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 811

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: September 2009 Brides
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

We are having our wedding party each bind us with one color.  We've assigned them their color and told them what it means...they will actually be writing the blessing for their color.   After they've all wrapped the cords around our wrists, our minister will ask:   "Do you accept the bonds and blessings your loved ones have bestowed?"  After we say we have, he will tie the cords.   We have seven, but that is just because we have a seven member WP.    (Plus, seven is a sacred number, representing the masculine and the feminine)

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

Liv4369 Posts : 3 Registered: 11/5/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Hi everyone!! Im new to the boards and am a Sept. 19, 2009 bride.  Im so excited!!  I havent gotten much done yet, just ideas and I have been dress shopping but havent found the one yet.  We are getting married at a friends house she has some beautiful property.  I do have my DJ we have a friend who does that and my FH band will be playin for a bit.  I have a ton of ideas just havent put them into action. I do know Im doing alot myself. Anyone else doing the DIY route?

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: Liv4369

Welcome & congratulations on your engagement. I am doing pretty much everything DIY (Invitations, catering, flowers, decorating) I’m not an expert but if you’re DIYing it I can definitely commiserate with you over the next 10 months. 
When is my wedding

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I’m doing it more for the Celtic traditional aspect then for any pagan reason. I believe we’re going to go with all thirteen colors but I do not want to say 13 different vows. I was thinking 7 (because of its sacred nature) or 8 (because it is the symbol of infinity which is reminiscent of the shape our bodies will be when bound) I like the vows which relate to the colors but I do like the idea of incorporating the WP & our families in. I’m going to have to think on it some more...we definitely have time right :-) 
When is my wedding

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: Liv4369

Welcome Liv! I'm glad to see another September bride! :)

By the way, thanks for all of the compliments on the dress girls. :)

B2B- your candles sound like they are going to be AMAZING! It looks like most of us are going to be using a lot of candles for our weddings.  

MCR Posts : 11 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Welcome Liv! We are wedding date twins!  Congratulations to you!  When did you get engaged?  I also haven't done much, but I have a TON of ideas and will be doing as much as I can by myself (well, with help from family and my bridesmaids).  I have my ceremony and reception sites as well as our band and have narrowed down the type of dress that I want.  I feel so far behind all the other ladies on this post because they all seem to have so much done, but I think I'll be able to catch up soon.  Have you picked your colors?  I am doing a pretty purple for my girls dresses with chocolate brown and champagne colors accents. 

Necolei Posts : 207 Registered: 7/31/06
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Liv4369

Hi Liv nice to have you to our board. We can be a talkative bunch and this is a great place to vent or get second opinions. Where are you from and are you having a big wedding or something smaller.

SmileDon't settle for what you can live with,

Settle for what you can't live withoutLaughing

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!  I was engaged on August 23rd.  He proposed at his bday party all our friends around. And we all cried lol.  We are a mid size wedding, not too big not too small.  The only thing traditional about our wedding will be the dress, well to an extent.  We will both be wearing do-rags, ehh its who we are.  I too am doing candles, the only flowers I will have will be the bp flowers.  Davids Bridal called today and said they are having a Bridal show at their store on Nov. 23rd, dont know if that is for all or just for the one here. Im in Kansas by the way, and its starting to get cold.  Im lookin forward to talkin and exchanging ideas with you all.  Happy planning to us!!!

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: MCR

I forgot...my colors are navy blue and platinum.  The dress I will have will have navy on it.  Ive gotta have a little color Ha!

Uzuri Posts : 99 Registered: 6/26/08
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: Necolei

So I haven't been on this thread in awhile because I was working through all my planning. So here is an update...After all of my hard work and planning, I am changing EVERYTHING!!! The location, the amount of guests I'm inviting, etc.

I was planning my wedding so it could be in Atlanta to make everyone else happy. But I finally decided to go with my original plans and having my wedding where my FH and I met. We met in Savannah, and I'm having a beach ceremony on Tybee Island. I will probably rent a house and have my reception there since I can't find any restaurants/other venues that I like.

Besides those two ideas, I plan on renting some trolleys to give tours of Savannah after my rehearsal and my rehearsal dinner. I'm a DIY bride, so I will be doing my invitations, programs, decorations, etc. I bought some GORGEOUS fabric about a year ago, and after recently looking at it, I have finally decided on my colors. My colors are purple, teal, and gold.

As far as food, I plan on having various hor d'oeuvres and a desert table for my reception. I haven't decided on which hor d'oeuvres yet, but I pretty much planned out my desert table. I will have a small cake for us to cut, cupcakes and/or petit fours, brownies, cookies, and various candy. I checked out some of the candy, but I haven't decided which ones yet. Any ideas besides M&Ms?

I forgot who showed their centerpieces...it was a picture of drinking glasses with candles and scattered rose petals. I had that same idea, but I wasn't sure what to use. The different size drinking glasses are a good idea, so I might use drinking glasses. My other idea for my centerpieces would be some various size vases with flowers submerged in water, and candles surrounding it. It will be a late ceremony and reception, so it will cast a nice romantic glow.

I'm always open for new ideas, so do any of you ladies have any ideas that I can use? I guess thats why I haven't decided on anything yet because I'm always finding new ideas. lol

♥♥♥ Soon to be Mrs. Brown 9/18/09 ♥♥♥

44th President....Barack Obama!!!

Uzuri Posts : 99 Registered: 6/26/08
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: Uzuri

Oh yeah...I'm changing the date too. My original date was on a Friday, but I'm going to change it to a Saturday to allow my guests more time to travel. I haven't decided on which Saturday yet, but it will still be in September.

♥♥♥ Soon to be Mrs. Brown 9/18/09 ♥♥♥

44th President....Barack Obama!!!

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: Uzuri

I don't really have any great ideas for you. But, I did want to say that I like your idea with the different sized vases and the flowers submerged in water. That would be really pretty. It seems that most of us girls on here are doing the same thing for our centerpieces (I was the one who posted the centerpieces with the drinking glasses) or have the same idea....but the flowers inside would be something a little different. Your colors sound very pretty too!

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: Uzuri

I think those colors will be beautiful - do you want to do candies in all those colors because I think if you were to go with all gold candy it would look more impressive (with less candy) and you then have a ton of options. I've found that the more colors you try to incorporate the more candy you need to have so that each color really makes an impact.

Have you found a location/house to rent yet? Have you chosen a date?

When is my wedding

seitzysbride Posts : 39 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Ok im gonna jump in here too!!!

Our wedding is September 26, 2009.  FH asked me to marry him on October 7.  I always wanted to get married in september because i think its a beautiful time of year in ohio.  So i jumped right into planning. 

So far, we have the hall booked (they also cater so thats done too), we have the photographer, videographer, dj, florist, rehearsal dinner restaurant/caterer, and i think thats about it!!!

I will be going dress shopping on November 23.  I went with my mom and sister the day after we got engaged but just for fun.  I tried on a couple of maggies and fell in love but im still open to other designers.

Oh.... my sister is my MOH and my only attendant.  FH hasnt picked yet but its down to three. Who knows, he might have them all. Colors are shades of purple from deep plum to almost blue.  Ceremony site is at our families hotel at Kelleys Island.  THe ceremony is small, family only but we want the reception to be a big party!!!!!

That my story so far.....

www.kiventureresort.com

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2008 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: seitzysbride

Congrats on your new engagement.  We're date twins (there are several 9/26 brides on this thread)

Sounds lovely!

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine