Bella Pictures - excellent company -- strongly recommend

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

heathermaclaugh... Posts : 1 Registered: 11/2/08
Bella Pictures - excellent company -- strongly recommend
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 3:36 PM

I am a recent newly wed (we got married 10-04-08). I had such a wonderful experience with my photographer that I wanted to post a thread to put out a good word. For our wedding photography, we went through a company called Bella Pictures. We looked and looked and looked for the right photography company and we found it with Bella Pictures. We were assigned a bridal consultant (our girl was Becky Chalmers - wonderful!) and she was our go to girl for everything. We sat down with Becky and talked about our photography style and what kind of images we wanted (traditional, modern, artistic....) to capture the moments of our big day. Once Becky had an idea of our style, she found a local photographer in our area who took the kind of shots that we wanted. We were able to meet with our photographer, preview his work and then, if we were not satisfied, we were able to change our minds and Becky did all of the work for us! We LOVED our photographer and the pictures were amazing -- more than we ever could have asked for. Bella guarentees that you will have your images within 28 days of the wedding. We recieved our CDs in two weeks. (I have girlfriends who waited more than six MONTHS to get their images back from the photographer) You get all of the images on DVD or CD and you own the copyrights to images so you have the freedom to make as many prints as you want at your own expense. I could go on and on about my experience with Bella. They were extremely professional, prompt with their service and the pictures were amazing. If you are looking for wedding photography, it is worth your time to consider Bella -- I promise, you'll be pleased! At least, I was.

Message was edited by: heathermaclaughlin

bobbiallen Posts : 2 Registered: 11/4/08
Re: Bella Pictures - excellent company -- strongly recommend
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: heathermaclaugh...

With so many complaints on the boards about Bella Pictures, either you got lucky or you work for them!  Funny you mention your consultant by name, but not your photographer!

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: heathermaclaugh...

Sounds like a damn vendor!!!

Just married!

September 27, 2008

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: bobbiallen

totally agree..........

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Why don't the Mods catch these people?

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I wish they would catch them...these are so annoying!!!

Just married!

September 27, 2008

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

Hello,

As it was explained to me, a vendor and paid advertiser, there are thousands of posts a day and it is impossible for a moderator to monitor all of the posts.  In addition, my sales rep informed me there is only one individual who is responsible for all of the brides.com community boards.  Not only that but she has other duties too!  

Next, unless there is blatant free advertising such as "Ladies, use Joe's Photo, signed Joe" they run into a discretionary area.  As members of the media, they like to err on the side of free speech.  But I do have to say you ladies are pretty good at identifying the fake vendor raves.  

Now some of you may wonder why I'm on these boards.  Well, I don't advertise.  I'm here to answer questions and be helpful.  Truth be told, I've had my hand slapped a couple of times for crossing the line.  For instance, I'm not allowed to provide any contact information for my studio.  I've had one of my posts critical of Bella Pictures removed.  However, I am allowed to identify my company to provide credibility to my posts and that is it!   The key is that I'm upfront about being a vendor and I don't use the forum to advertise.  Brides.com has said those vendors who do wish to follow those rules will be welcome. 

Unfortunately, there are vendors out there who do stoop to dirty tricks, such as the fake rave, in an attempt to deceive you.  When those posts are clearly identified, they are removed.  If it is any consolation to you folks, these underhanded vendors annoy me too!  Trying to get free advertising when I pay a lot of money for my Brides Chicago and Brides.com ads.

I hope that explains why some of the fake raves escape the mod's attention. 

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Howard-

I have seen you help out a LOT of ladies on these boards as well as provide them some very helpful, cost-effective and reliable information.

I commend you for your time and dedication to all of the ladies here...

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Linda,

You're welcome.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com