November 2009 Brides

Online Users: 1,351 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 98

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Re: November 2009 Brides
Posted: Oct 26, 2008 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

wow thats nuts! I'm not a huge basketball person, if I could get my hands on tickets I'd go. We're baseball people for the most part. Numerous sox games, if they were cheaper we'd be there more often lol

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

LaBoosLady Posts : 124 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 26, 2008 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: CathMary

I know what you mean!  I had to get tix for the Sox this season and because we're premium ticket holders, we were able to get them from TD Banknorth Garden.  My guys wanted suite tickets to entertain clients and they were prettttty steep...hahaha

I meant to tell you that I ordered some favor samples last week and they arrived on Friday.  We're going with a heart/love theme and the Favor Warehouse (www.favorwarehouse.com) had some very nice and inexpensive favors, amongst other things.  I found the place card holders that I want to use...their silver hearts and I found one of the items that I want to include in the out of town bags...it's a LOVE mint tin that I'm going to fill with heart shaped mints.  I'm totally stumped on the actual favor because I found 3 that I absolutely loved and seeing them up close and personal didn't make it any easier!!!!!

wedding ticker

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD" - Proverbs 18:22

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

thats exciting!!!I don't know if we are gonna do favors. I don't think we are gonna end up doing them because its just extra money. I also like the idea of donating money to a charity too. I think we'd do that. As much as i love favors I dont think anyone will miss them. Are you gonna have a lot of out of town guests?? I have like none lol. My whole fam is in the same town, his not much further. You should put some pics up if you get a chance/figure it out lol.

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: CathMary

I hear alot of brides talking about not doing favors to cut expenses.  The most expensive one out of the three that I like is $1.89 and we'll probably need to order about 150 because it's one per couple or one per family if their in the same household or one per person if they come alone so I just have to look at the lists.  I downloaded the pics into my album so you can see them.  Le tme know what you think.

We are going to have alot of out of towners because both neither of our families live in NC.  Looking at the lists, we'll probably need at least 50 hotel rooms.

wedding ticker

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD" - Proverbs 18:22

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

I couldnt see any of the pictures, it showed a blank image. they aren't that expensive, but I still don't know if I'm gonna use them. That is a lot of out of towners! I wish i could make welcome baskets, I think they're cool haha. 

I went to linens n things today, they're goin outta buisness. I'm so temped to go buy stuff for our future house..but at the same time I know I can register for the stuff n get it too. Oh well I'll see what John wants to do. 

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: CathMary

I don't know why they aren't showing up.  I'll try it again when I get home.  We're doing out of town bags, but still trying to decide what to put in it besides a bottle of water, some mints, and the itinerary for the weekend.

I have a Linens n Things by my house and I went in this weekend but really didn't find anything that I was looking for so I ended up in Bed Bath and Beyond and splurged.  I redid my daughter's bathroom and bedroom (she's in love with the pink and brown combination) and my master bathroom (teal and charcoal grey).  I had already ordered 3 new Bed-in-a-Bag sets from Domestications for my master bedroom, so by the time we put it all together, we were really pleased with how it looked.  My FH thinks we're both crazy....hahahaha

wedding ticker

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

haha thats awesome. I keep my eye out for a bed set for us next year incase we we find something good that isnt too expensive. I cant wit to redo rooms. How old is your daughter? 

Ahh I'm so exahausted.. i need to shower n study for my test tonight. 

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: CathMary

My daughter is 13 and the poor girl still had a Tweety Bird bed set on her bed and Hello Kitty in her bathroom!!! Guess it was time for a makeover...hahahaha

Domestications has some really nice sets and they're $80, plus you get 3 free pillows...you know the decorative pillows that normally cost $25 each.  I thought that was too great of a deal to pass up, so I got 3..hahahaha.

When I get home tonight I'm going to start my assignments for this week.  I'm taking Accounting (ughhh) and Marketing this quarter and I'm not having fun.

wedding ticker

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

I'll havta look at the website sometime. thats not bad price at all. It is soft/good quality? We're so picky lol. I'm workin on studyin for a test tonight. I'm exhausted today. I'm ready for another weekend. I have an assignment to do for a class tomorrow morning, then its bed time for me tnight. I ordered out chinese food and I'm waitin for that to get here... 

On a wedding note. Me and john found invitation kits at acmoore that we like! With our coupons we will get 150 for $60. I'm sooo excited lol. Thats gonna save us some money. We also ended up buying the dish set today. We were very happy with our finds! It exciting since we're building a home from scratch, everything purchase is something for us! lol 

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: CathMary

They are good quality..I've gotten almost all of my sets from them.

I just finished my Accounting homework, so I'm calling it a nite and will work on Marketing tomorrow.

Great news on the invitations!!!  When I was looking for STD magnets online, I saw some really nice invitations that fit our theme and I ordered some free samples.  They came last week and they are really nice...the set comes with the invitation, rsvp cards, enclosure cards, envelopes and labels plus i can get table numbers and place cards to match.

Have you all decided what stores you're going to register at?  It should be fairly easy for you all since you're starting from scratch.   I've been in my house for 6 years now, so I think we've decided to use the registry to redecorate certain rooms...like going from black appliances in the kitchen to stainless steel.

wedding ticker

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

I did my hw last night for my 830am class then checked my email and saw that it got cancelled! It was like christmas haha. I got up at 10 and I'm still exhausted though. 

I love save the dates but we arn't doing those either, cuz like I said before, my whole fam lives within a mile of me. I think they're so cute though. What kinda theme invites are you using? Are they really fancy, plain, color, border? There are so many thousands of designs is ridiculous. I forgot if I said thatI had coupons for teh invites. 3 of me n my friends of coupons for 50% off one item, so we're all gonna buy one box of invites for a grand total of $60! I'm so thrilled lol. that'll prolly be the best bargain we get with this wedding. I told my friends that plan on next sat will be a dress shopping day. It'll be a year to the day away from the wedding, so why not make it a lil wedding weekend?? lol 

We aren't sure where we are going to register yet. Everyone told me to register at target, but I havent really looked at anthing too closely there to see if there is stuff I want. Other than that it'll depend on where most of the stuff we like is located. Macys is good for some stuff, but bed bath n beyond has a lot, crate n barrel has some stuff, but not enough to register there I dont think. I mean we can register for everything from a can opener to small appliances. We will have quite the list I'm sure. You can register at home depot if there is some major make over stuff you want like paint  or other stuff. I cant wait to register though, I think it is gonna be so much fun. 

Catherine

www.weddingcountdown.com

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: CathMary

Lucky you!!!! :)

Sincey your fam is in town, you really don't need STD's...but since most of guests are coming in from out of town, we really need them.  You are really getting a great deal on invitations...that's awesome.  The ones that I like are really elegant looking. There are two themes that I like and both have roses:

http://www.magnetstreet.com/store/details/market/517/productId/13491 and

http://www.magnetstreet.com/store/details/market/517/productId/15354

I like the idea of making it a wedding weekend.  My birthday is next Sunday so it'l be all about next weekend :).  I was going to register at Target, but then I saw some posts on here about how difficult it is working with Target on returns and how some of the ladies had issues.  One of the places we're going to register is Amazon.com and all of the products that Target offers on their site is also available thru Amazon and they are so much easier to work with.

wedding ticker

Lovinlyfe Posts : 39 Registered: 8/14/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

Hey Ladies,

Mind if I join in on this thread?  So...I am getting married Oct. 3, 2009. I know this thread is for November 2009 brides but  I am close!! My birthday is in Nov which is why we decided against it....

"When two hearts race....both win!"

http://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/30933d89e214c317.gif

Message was edited by: Lovinlyfe

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: Lovinlyfe

Welllll, since your birthday is in November you qualify Smile.  Congratulations and welcome to our thread.  Have you done any planning so far?

wedding ticker

Lovinlyfe Posts : 39 Registered: 8/14/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: LaBoosLady

Oh goody, I am so glad you let me in...I just finished reading the whole thread and it sounds like you ladies are some level headed ladies with some good ideas in the works. Some of the other threads talking about planning this far ahead are getting to hard to stay caught up with.

I am super organized and am pretty much way ahead of myself. I have found my photographer and dj. I have also put deposits on my venue (I'm doing the ceremony and reception at same place), my limo and my dress. I will be paying off my dress next week. Here's the link...

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/Collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding Dress&SKU=Brianna

My only color so far is burgundy so under the dress if you click on the white/burgundy square it will show you the back of my dress.

Since my wedding will be in the fall, we are going to use a lot of bright orange and yellow flowers and colored leaves and pumpkins!

"When two hearts race....both win!"

http://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/30933d89e214c317.gif

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine