November 2008 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 290

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Re: November 2008 Brides
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Well this weekend I got no sleep at all!!! Friday I woke up at 4:00 AM!!! to go to la with my florist, we got lots of ideas for my wedding and pick up a few supplies. We didn’t get back to town till about 1 then I helped her prep everything for the wedding that she was going Sunday. Left there and then went to a bead shop and made my bracelet for the wedding it came out so good I love it, I think I want to start my own jewelry business on etsy. Anyways I didn’t get to bed till 1130. Saturday me and FH woke up at 730 to look at houses FH found one that he really like but I cant see past the dirt, never in my life have I seen so much grime, the walls, the floors, the counters... yuck, then after we when out with some friends and didn’t get home till 1. Sunday, I when to help my florist set up for the wedding, we stated at 11 and didn’t end till 5 I have a hole new respect to florist and wedding planners. Just to put the pew flowers on and decorate an arch took us 2 hours and then we when to the reception and that took about 3 hours. O and we got to meet Will Smith, he was golfing (the reception was at a golf course). Well that was my weekend. O and FH finished the wishing well. Now if I can just get him to finish the table numbers.

RSVP 60 yes, 14 no, and 114 not responded.

brideincanada Posts : 133 Registered: 1/30/08
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I'm guessing that Linens N Things only closed their registries in the US, in Canada they were still going strong.  Apparently, the Canadian and American divisions of the company are not linked when it comes to the bankruptcy problems that they had in the US earlier this year - it seems the Canadian side was making money while the American side was not.  However, the US side has begun liquidation and as a result all shipments to the Canadian locations are now cut off.  The stores up here are staying open until January and they're hoping that they can find another company to take over the Canadian stores (there's word circulating that it might be Bed, Bath & Beyond).  Luckily for us it all worked out pretty well, my shower was August 30th so I'm guessing that most of the gift shopping off our registries was already done and we managed to complete all the partial towel/dish sets we had on the weekend (now I just have to finish washing all the new towels and figure out a way to squeeze them into our tiny linen closet!).

Over the weekend I managed to finish making my Thank-you cards for the wedding, designed the monogram I'm going to paint on the end of our aisle runner and picked up the embroidered handkerchifs I had made for my BMs and both our moms (now I just have to add the beading to them).  Unfortunately, when we went to pickup my custom wedding band from the jewellers it wasn't ready, they need to tweak the way it fits next to my e-ring a bit, but it'll be ready for us to take home on Saturday.  I can't believe how close the wedding is now, the countdown I've been keeping on our white board in the front hall is only reading 19 days!  It's freaky when it drops below 20, it's like all of a sudden you realize that 19 days is not alot of time, but 20 seemed like forever.

jennyinnc Posts : 21 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

My FMIL just told me by email that I can call her Mom!!!!!!! That is so weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL so sweet too but holy cow!  I can't imagine calling someone else Mom.  This getting married thing is crazy! :)

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 11:26 PM Go to message in response to: jennyinnc

lol, I know how you feel I cant call FMIL mom either!!! It just feels weird…

My bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/home 

mscindy813 Posts : 102 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I've just gotten used to calling my FMIL by her first name let alone Mom! LOL  Nov22... I love your bio!  Everything is gorgeous!

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hi Nov22, I apologize for taking so long. Been soooo busy. Can't believe we are at the 31 days mark! I only got 4 RSVPs back.. cannot believe this!

Here's my makeup and hair person:

http://www.freewebs.com/threadingnmore/

I'll be getting my final fitting hopefully Nov 1st =) Way too excited. Can't believe I'm going to be wearing it again. I'm still working on my music playlist. Any ideas ladies?  

www.momentville.com/mandamike

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Thanks Mandaa I’ll contact her!!!

So I looked at the calendar and it’s the 22! Just 31 more days to go I’m so happy. This weekend I must finish my table numbers that’s my goal... lol

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey everyone!!! I can’t believe that your month is almost here!!! do we have any weddings this weekend?

Does anyone have plans for Halloween?

This weekend I did my think you cards for the shower, but I forgot to take them with me to send out. (I’ll need to do that tomorrow). I decorated my guest book pens (in bio) but I think they look a little funky I might redo them. Work on my table numbers, but did not finish them. My BM dresses will be ready for their 1st fitting this Saturday!!! I can’t wait to see them I hope they are right or at least close, but either way I’ll have to take them as they are.

What still needs to be done- bustle on my dress. I really need to get that done!!! I need to get our marriage license. Finish table numbers. Finish wishing well. Make pew bows. Finish paying photographer and florist. I think that’s about it!!!

for sale bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/salebio

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

November is finally here and it's our month ladies!!! 

How is everyone doing?

FH and I fly home on Wednesday for the wedding on Saturday!!  OMG it's actually this weekend, I'm so excited!  All my co-workers were surprised to see me at my desk this morning and are telling me to take tomorrow off.  It's not a bad idea because I'm pretty sure my mind will be completely preoccupied with the wedding and I'll be totally useless at work, but I feel extremely guilty about taking tomorrow off even though there's plenty for me to do during the day tomorrow which would result in being a little less frazzled tomorrow night trying to pack etc.  Am I crazy for feeling like I should be at work tomorrow?

I am going to pickup my gown from the seamstress today after work and I'll finally get to see it with all the alterations complete (yipee!).  Then there's a few finally little things to pickup before starting to pack everything all up.  I also went shopping over the weekend and found a really pretty white negligee and robe for our wedding night - I have quite a bit of lingerie but FH expressed the desire to see me in something new (and white too) and tonight I may see if I can find something way sexy to wear on the honeymoon (sorry if that's TMI for anyone).

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

Oh yes, and it's looking like Mother Nature is not going to cooperate for me this weekend.  It's been holding at around +12 degC and sunny for the last couple of weeks in Winnipeg but on Thursday through the weekend they're predicting snow and temps from -6 to 0 degC.  All I can say is I hope that either they're wrong (and let's face it, how many times are the weather forecasts actually accurate!) or that it snows rather than rains!  At least it'll be easier to take pictures outside with a light snowfall coming down (I think the pictures could be absolutely gorgeous if that's the case) but if it's raining then we'll have to stay inside for most of the pics Frown

Oh well, whatever happens with the weather happens, nothing I can do about it, so I'll just roll with it.  My mom and I have already made plans to go buy a huge black golf umbrella just in case we need it!  Now I guess I should go find some high heeled boots tonght to wear for any outside pictures since the zipper on one of mine broke back in the spring!

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

Wow, BinC -- it's almost that time!  We're the weekend after you, and I'm crazy right now.  DON'T WORRY about the weather -- it has a funny way of doing the complete opposite of what they're predicting on wedding days, so you might end up with clear skies after all. ;-)

Having said that...we've been having glorious weather in Austin the past couple of weeks; hoping the trend continues for two more!

Our shower was this weekend, which was fun.  Not a big turnout, but the group that was there enjoyed themselves. Very strange...we hardly got any gifts at all.  Seriously, like...two.  I've never gone to a shower of any kind without a gift.  Isn't that kind of the point of a shower?  

Okay, I'm not bitter!  ;-) 

Got lots done this weekend, including the welcome baskets, seating cards, and thank you notes for gifts received thus far.  I've given up on FH getting off his ass to burn our CDs, so I worked on 'em myself last night, and cranked out 25.  Two dozen more tonight, and I'm done except for wrapping them. 

Anybody else have every single second of their days mapped out from now until the wedding??!!  ARGH!  I am so ready for the day to just BE here. 

How was everyone else's weekend?

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

Geez Amy, I would definitely say that it's very unusual for someone to come to a bridal shower with no gift (even bordering on rude).  Is there any chance that the gifts are in the mail or something?

I completely know what you mean, it seems like I have the next five days mapped out down to the minute!  Over the weekend FH finally picked a reading for his sister to do during the ceremony so then I was finally able to finalize and print out our programs.  I also managed to put our favours together ahead of schedule (I had set aside time to do those tonight).  Yay me!  We also spoke to our photographer and finalized the timeline, locations, shot list, etc for the wedding day.  I am glad to say that my to do list is very short now.

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

Hi all!! 19 more days!! I'm getting jolly excited.

FH and I finally got our marriage license last Friday at Laguna Hills and it took only 15 mins as we have filled out an online application (online application given a priority) As we took the envelope, our hearts felt lighter until............ when I got into the car until now, my heart skips a beat or two everytime I see the word wedding, marriage and things that I need to do still.. Why??

Got my final fitting for my dress which I was suppose to pick up last Sat but have to wait for the to press and steam (another $91 for that, paid $404 for bustle/alteration) Boy!!!!

Can't wait till my time off which starts next Wednesday till December 1st!!!

YEEEEEEHA! =)

Anybody getting married this weekend?

www.momentville.com/mandamike

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: brideincanada

Good luck BinC!!! Don’t worry about the weather it will all work out. Have you thought about using an umbrella? I’ve seen some real cute umbrella pics.

Amy- that suck about the gift... it’s a shower people are supposed to shower you with gifts!

My cake topper came in today. i'll try to post pics to night it’s so cute. I got to see my BM dresses on Sunday. We got there and the flower girl and one of the moms dresses where not ready... grrr. But the dresses that where done were RIGHT!!! The lady is also doing my bustle for free! 

Knowland0015.jpg picture by xoxoprettyinpink18

for sale bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/salebio

Message was edited by: November22Bride

mscindy813 Posts : 102 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

We are next Friday!  Yes, I have a typed sheet of everything mapped out for each day starting this Friday when I pick up the gowns til 2 days after the wedding when we pick up puppy from the kennel :)  FH doesn't get it, but I need a list so I know what I'm doing, etc!  FH actually finished the seating last night and all I have to do are the place cards.  I'm off from work tomorrow because where I work they give us off for Election Day, and then Thursday is my last day until I go back after the wedding on November 19th!  I can't believe the time has flown so fast.  We've been engaged for 15 months, but we've been together for over 6 years.  Best of luck BinC this weekend!  I'm sure your day will be great and I actually love snowy pics :)  There's some type of an elegance to them.  Come back soon with pictures!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine