off beat centerpiece

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

soon2b2010 Posts : 13 Registered: 4/6/07
off beat centerpiece
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:20 PM

This is what we were thinking of making for our centerpieces. We didnt want flowers that would die quick so we thought this might be a nice alternative. Were not sure yet wether to do it with or without the beta. feedback please. Thanks ladies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquatic-Garden-Beta-BETTA-Fish-Vase-NEW_W0QQitemZ140232326299QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Re: off beat centerpiece
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: soon2b2010

I think it's awesome! I also really like the beta...but, I have heard stories of people using fish in their centerpieces and than the fished died during the reception. And a dead fish would be alot worse to look at than dead flowers! But, overall I think it's really pretty!

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Re: off beat centerpiece
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 9:58 PM Go to message in response to: soon2b2010

It's a neat idea, but a few things to keep in mind:

At that height, it's going to be difficult for your guests to be able to talk to each other across the tables...think about using taller cylinder vases, or shallow bowls with lily pads maybe.

If you decide to go with the betas, be sure you have a plan for what to do with them afterwards.  Not all guests are going to want to take a fish home (some will, so if that's what you decide, make sure you have a way for them to be transported safely), and it's not like you can just put all the betas in one big aquarium like you can with guppies.  Also, be sure to condition the water, or your fish will die before the reception is over.

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine