Wedding Photography

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Re: Wedding Photography
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

DeltaGirl, I saw your wedding pics in another thread and I just have to say that your photog did an amazing job.  I love, love, love your dress too.  I love Jim Hjelm. I actually tried that dress on too, but went with something else.  You look so amazing in it!

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:35 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Having pictures up of your wedding day doesn't mean they are of just the bride and groom.

My photographer took very artistic shots of the centerpieces, bouquets, ets.

Also there are some incredible candids of the children and our parents.

I definitely didn't mean I was going to have a floor to ceiling picture of the two of us....geezz!!!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Thanks hellokitty!

I actually had to convince the bridal salon saleslady to let me put the dress on! They kept trying to put me in an A-line dress because I have hips and am "bootylicious". I told them the last thing my man wanted me to do was cover up my a$$! LOL!

So thank you I appreciate the compliment!  Also those pics were not from my photographer...just friends with cameras. See what a good job a few freinds can do!

The only pro pic I have posted is the one below - in my signature.

Message was edited by: deltagirl

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:42 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

I think the cut of that dress really flatters people with curves.  That sales lady must have been on crack to deny you such a beautiful dress.  I think I saw pics of you on a thread about cakes or something like that...either way...you're beautiful!!!

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Look how's talking! You are a gorgeous little thing. I saw you pics.

I like the one with your rings in the flower. Definitely wall material. LOL!

NotOfThisWorld Posts : 153 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

yeah i really need to figure out a budget. i cant really figure out a wedding buget because in my culture my friends and family raise money for me. so i guess i can figure out what my FH and i can afford out of our own pockets and our families will deal with the rest. i dont wanna get into debt just to have a big wedding. that would suck! we're not doing anything on credit ever. even when we get married. if we cant afford it right there and then, then we'll sit on the floor with no couches till we can buy a couch with our money. i think its so risky when ppl buy stuff on credit. like no interest and no payments for 6 months. no one knows what will happen in six months! unless ur an RN and will always have a job lol but u know what i mean. what if in 6 months u get laid off and all this stuff happens. so i'd rather not deal with credit. i just checked out ur wedding website. you are gorgeous! and u and ur hubby are cute too!

ilove.gif picture by Khrystyne

USMC Fiancee

(I can legally mess with government property:)

Surviving our first deployment

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

DeltaGirl, I think I just found my new best friend!!! :)

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

Our photography package included.... 8 hours the day of the wedding, engagement pics, dvd slide show of all the pics, and full copyright to all the pics. We are paying 700. BUT that's with a huge deal. My photographer decided to help us out since our entire budget is 3k :)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

Not – Thanks! LinzZ did it for me.

In fact, I don't know any married couples who have their wedding pics plastered all over the place.  It seems to be a little bit self-absobed. “ 

Well we do. I wouldn’t say “plastered all over the place.” We have 1 collage frame filled w/ pics from our wedding shower, the signing board from the wedding w/ our pic in it and about 20 pics in our glass coffee table. Before the wedding, we had pics of us and our friends in the table and nothing on the walls. Everyone who comes over loves what we did with the pics. I’m sure after the holidays we’ll have new pics to put up and fill the table with.  

“Having pictures up of your wedding day doesn't mean they are of just the bride and groom.” 

I couldn’t agree more. The pics we have up aren’t just of me and EH. They are of me and my BM, him and the GM, our families. Candid shots from the wedding. I love it! 

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website 

Message was edited by: mrspinky

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

We are paying $900 before albums for our photographer. 10 hours of coverage, rights to the photos, and 2 shooters. It s a friend of mine and he has done about 5 weddings. He does a lot of nature and sport shots, so I'm not worried. I can't wait! 

Kerri and Michael 10/25/0

148 122 17 9 RSVP Date September 30

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

I paid $2500 for my pics!  I felt like the pics were so worth it.  I haven't gotten my pics back yet, but we will mainly have albums vs. hanging them on the wall!

You are more than welcome to view the pics at www.upscaleimages.net and click on weddings and then Michael & Fallon.

wedding ticker

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Yeah, we have 2 albums (that we got at our wedding shower) that we keep our wedding shower pics in too.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website 

vlovely Posts : 14 Registered: 1/15/07
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

Seriously, I am convinced that photography and music are the two most important aspects of your wedding!

We had a smokin deal. Our photographer was a close friend of my in-laws and she basically said she would do it free. We, of course, were going to pay her. All together, we paid $1000. BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT!!! Please don't skimp in this area (especially with disposables at the reception). Even if you have a friend or someone that takes great pics... they can go around the reception and take pictures for you.

tessandnate09 Posts : 136 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

NOTW! Hey girl! We have talked on another thread, but i am in the same boat with all of you. Photography and food are our most important things. We are on a 8,000 dollar budget, but here in oregon its hard to find cheap venues. Our photographer is 800, thats 6 hours shooting, engagement session, 15 page album, unlimited rights, and a permenant online gallery, plus no travel fees. Here is my suggestion. Craigslist! I found ours on there and she is a dream, we love her, our engagement session was SOOOO fun! You have to be decerning and do your research but you can get a deal because most of them are starting out or have smaller businesses

The day he becomes my husband and I become his wife...September 6th 2009

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine