Pets a part of the wedding....

Online Users: 1,236 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 6

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Pets a part of the wedding....
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 12:14 PM

We have been together for 9 years and just got engaged.  We don't have kids yet (waiting until married) but have pets that are a huge part of our lives.  I love them and can't imagine not involving them in some way.  Any ideas?  Are any of you involving your pets at all in the wedding?  I've seen pictures of dogs in suits and I think that is very cute. 

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Re: Pets a part of the wedding....
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

What kind of pets do you want to include?  If you have dogs I'm sure you could include them in the ceremony (have to check with your location though to see if they allow dogs).  Or another option would be to have your pets in your engagement pictures! 

Also you could do pictures with your pets in your wedding attire before the ceremony.  If your not planning on seeing each other before hand you could do them separately or if your location is close by to where your pets are you could stop on the way to the reception and have some pictures taken then. 

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door!

I hope you don't get hit by a city bus Cool

Laurenc126 Posts : 51 Registered: 11/14/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

We have two pugs who are a huge part of our lives too. Unfortunatley, the place where we decided to have the wedding did not allow pets. I was heartbroken... DH thought it would be more of hassle to have them there because they are young and do need to be watched.

So, I used pictures of them to do my table numbers. I hope you can see them. The picture is kinda faded into the background.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: Laurenc126

That's adoreable, VERY creative!  I love the fact that you used their picture.  The little mini dress and tux is cute too!

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I like the engagement picture idea!  Posing with them prior to the wedding is another option.  We have a lot of animals, 3 indoor cats, 2 outdoor cats and 2 dogs....and a turtle but he can stay at home.  I don't really know of a way to include the cats other than have a pretty cage for them to sit in during the ceremony.  The dogs would LOVE to dress up, they love wearing clothes. 

Laurenc126 Posts : 51 Registered: 11/14/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

Thank you! Our colors were navy blue and white and they were filled with m&ms of those colors.
I used a few different pictures of the dogs, but this is the one the photographer took a picture of.

Rissa90 Posts : 12 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: Laurenc126

we as a couple don't have any pets but we're both very close to my parents's dogs so we will probably have a picture involving them. his mom & Step dad on the other hand has way too many animals to include...like 3 dogs and 20+ cats. the pictures of the animals as the table numbers is a great idea also...however i'm just going to let my guests choose where they want to sit
Soon-to-be Mrs. Hokenson

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine