Wedding Photography

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28

NotOfThisWorld Posts : 153 Registered: 10/14/08
Wedding Photography
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 3:42 AM

This is the most important thing to me. the photographs because they capture your day in years to come. how much did you ladies pay for your photography? or are you paying for your photography. and for the ladies that are already married, are your pics all over ur house? i can just imagine myself decorating my apartment with pics from the wedding day.

ilove.gif picture by Khrystyne

USMC Fiancee

(I can legally mess with government property:)

Missing my deployed Marine

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Wedding Photography
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 7:36 AM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

I had a small budget for a wedding (3000, smaller than most people' photography budgets. lol) so I hired a photographer for $500, no album.  It will include two shooters, and I had bridal photos done also.  The catch is that he's pretty new, even though his second shooter is more experienced I haven't been able to see any of her work at all. 

This has been my whole theory though and how I have to look at it to stay sane.  I'm not going to get the top notch shots that you would get if you paid $3500, I have to realize that.  Maybe I can get a few shots that look like they come from a $1000 or $1500 photographer.  I'll frame a few of those and be happy. :)

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

The pictures are definately one of the most important things for me.  I don't want to miss out on any good shots.  We haven't done our buget yet or picked our photographer but I plan to have 2 there.  Also I'm going to give each guest disposables to shoot with.  I was actually looking at photographers this am for engagement photographs.  For the quality that I am looking for I know I will pay at least 1-2K for the wedding pics.

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Whatever you end up spending, I highly recommend giving a trusted (and photo happy) friend a digital camera with a large memory card and asking him or her to go crazy. FH and I were the photo-happy friends for two of the weddings we went to. One of the shots we got during the formal pictures is the bride's favorite picture of herself and the groom (including all the formal portraits) because we got them laughing. ...not too bad for a random shot.

Basically, you need a semi-good digital camera (ours was $150) and a big memory card. We took the brute force strategy - if you take TONS of pictures, something has to come out good. 

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

my package was 2500 which included epics, boudoir pics (which we paid 160 for prints for our bedroom) the wedding day, an album, and a 20x24 blowup of a wedding photo. we are also planning on getting a couple more pics enlarged probably and some for family which will likely cost 350 so in total we will pay about 3000. But it was my one splurge at the wedding becuas I think its super important

I doubt we will put lots and lots of wedding photos up. Probably at the most three. We have six of our boudoir shots up though, because we figured that we arent going to be this hot forever. So we have these hot photos on our bedroom walls!

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

I've been looking at photographers and I've finally found one that I like.the husband and wife team cost $4000 but they have an associate photographer that costs $1800. It includes 6 hours of unlimited photography and a complimentary engagement session.there's no way I'll pay $4000 for pics! Lol. I was thinking of putting disposable cameras on each table at the reception so the guests can take pics.

USMC Fiancee

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

NotOfThisWorld -

I used an associate photographer and was completely happy with the work. The Primary photographer would have cost me $8000 - $10,000.  The assoc. was $3500 for 8 hours.  The pics turne out really good.

But I agree with pp....some guests captured some really good shots also. So I would definitely make sure to have a guest taking pics.

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

Our photography was free b/c we had my step-dad (who is an amateur photography who has experience shooting lots of weddings) and EH's cousin (who is an even planner and has photography as a hobby) take our "pro" shots. Then we had tons of friends and family who brought their own cameras and took lots of pics which were all given to me.

As far as our wedding pics in our house...lol...they are EVERYWHERE!!! We registered for and received as a gift at our wedding shower a collage type photo frame which we put pics from our wedding shower in. Then we had a signing photo board at our wedding which we hung on our wall. Then our coffee table has a removable glass top which we put about 20 of our wedding pictures under so you can see them through the glass. It was a day we never want to forget.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Lol I can so imagine having my wedding pictures everywhere too! I didn't know if other ppl do that. I mean if you're gonna pay thousands for pics why not put em up all over the place? That's what I think. Lol anyway that's awesome that u didn't pay for ur pics. I like ur signature pic mrs pinky.

USMC Fiancee

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

EH and I have lived together for 3 years and I have not put anything on the walls.  I have always imagined our wedding pics on the walls. Not just pics of us, but things that will remind us of the day.

I really like how Pottery Barn has those shelves with black and white pictures on them.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:07 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

wait. so you paid almost $4000 for pics and they're not on your walls?! girl you better go put em up! right now! lol jk.

USMC Fiancee

Surviving our first deployment

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

NOTW, I paid $3,800 for mine.  The price of photography also depends on your location.  The more urban/metro your area is, the more expensive photogs are. 

I don't have any wedding photos up at my place.  In fact, I don't know any married couples who have their wedding pics plastered all over the place.  It seems to be a little bit self-absobed. 

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

lol it does seem a little self absorbed huh? i guess i'll try it for a few days once we move in together. just for that newlyewed bliss. then it'll probably get old and we'll  put em away. or just be moderate with it. what about ur engagement pics? do u have those up?

USMC Fiancee

Surviving our first deployment

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

We have one engagement picture up.  For us, the candid pics are the best...stuff from my graduation, vacations, even my engagement are much more pleasing, only because it doesn't have that "fakeness" to it.  I find it creepy when I go to people's homes and I see loads and loads of portrait/studio pics.  I just don't get people enlarging their wedding photos to like a humon-goid wall hanging.  I imagine those kinds of people to be a tad bit narcissitic. 

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:29 PM Go to message in response to: NotOfThisWorld

I Know!!!! I am tripping! 

But the photographer just gave us the online proofs Monday.

Also - alot of times people ask what others paid for flowers, photos,catering, etc.  You have to develop a budget that is comfortable for yourself. There are alot of younger brides ( like yourself I read your profile) on here. Some of you are just getting started in you careers, etc.

That is not the case with me. I'm 37. I have been an RN for a long time ( good luck with that Laughing). We did not put ourselves in debt to pay for our wedding.  We could have had the type of wedding that we would be paying off for the next 5 years, or the one we had that we finished paying off 2 months after we said "I Do" .

Plan a budget within  your means.

BTW - you and your FH are too cute! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine