Peep toe shoes okay with panty hose?

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

pb1119 Posts : 36 Registered: 11/19/07
Peep toe shoes okay with panty hose?
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 1:08 PM

Hi...I am getting married late October next year.  I have been debating what kind of shoes to wear with my dress.  They probably won't even be seen by anyone, but I still want them to look cute.  I love the idea of using vintage shoe clips as my "something old" and have come to the conclusion that shoe clips really look best with peep toe shoes.  This may be a silly question, but would it be okay to still wear panty hose with peep toe shoes?  I need to wear panty hose...I hate the feeling of being bare legged in a big formal dress.  I also am not fond of the panty hose look with open toed shoes.  hahaha the more I go on about this the sillier I feel.  But any opinions would be appreciated...thanks!

wedding countdown

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Peep toe shoes okay with panty hose?
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: pb1119

You should be okay if you make sure to wear "sandalfoot" pantyhose (those with no darker patch at the toes). Try for those with no seam across the toes.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: pb1119

I personally say absolutely not. Even if they are sheer, you will probably still be able to tell. Now they have panty hose that go all the way down, but then stop right at the toes so that if you wear peep toes you cant see. I think it is Spanx that makes them. 

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: pb1119

What if you cut a hole in the toe part of the hose so that they dont show through the peep toe? I dont know if that would look weird or not, I don't wear hose so I guess I'm not much help. LOL

Laurenc126 Posts : 51 Registered: 11/14/07
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: pb1119

They definitely make pantyhose with the toes cut out! My friend got them for a party we went to once where she wore a short dress with open toed shoes and it was cold out.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Laurenc126

JC PEnnys- Sears-Victoria Secrets- Fredricks and I am sure there are more that sell them... they are made just for "peep toe" shoes they run about $5.00 - $10 a pair. Depends on where you buy them.

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I agree, definately no panty hose showing with peep toes.  Spanx does make some though that would be perfect for what you are needing.  Plus they are the best panty hose!  They firm everything up!

pb1119 Posts : 36 Registered: 11/19/07
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: pb1119

Thanks girls for all the feedback!  I'll look for the spanx with the open toe cut out! !!!!
wedding countdown

NewEnglandBlusi... Posts : 7 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: pb1119

Spanx cut off mid shin or at  the ankle.   You still could get blisters breaking in your shoes.  These ones have the toe only cut out and will work better for peep toe shoes. 

http://www.unveiledbride.com/FL009929-p-BFalke%20Falke+Shelina+12D+Toeless+Pantyhose.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine