receptions not on same day as ceremony

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

lilmouse Posts : 14 Registered: 10/11/08
receptions not on same day as ceremony
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 2:47 PM

We are getting married on a Friday....and having our reception the following thrusday and saturday. I say "and" because the friday one is goin gto be a formal affair...and the saturday is goign to be a brunch. It is at disneyland, so we are trying to make a whole weekend of it.

My problem is I have never planned anything like this...I had a hard time picking curtains for my bedroom. I have no idea where to start with decorations, favors, invitations...ect. The coordinator at disney said they could help, but I have to have some starting points(ie. ideas) of what I want. I don't have that.

The brunch on the other hand is a little easier...sort of. I mean We are doing a mad hatter brunch...alice and wonderland. So I automatically think colorful and alice in wonderlandy stuff. Rabbits, MICE, hats, teacups...I get that...it's just how they all tie in, and together??

I am a mess I know. Help!

"It all started with a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: receptions not on same day as ceremony
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: lilmouse

Do you have a budget in mind? You really need to know how much money you have to spend before you start purchasing or hiring vendors. Disneyland most certainly has a list of recommended vendors with whom they work. These people are familiar with the venue and its possibilities, so this might be a starting point. As for colors, many people start with the season for inspiration, though you don't have to do this. Another way to work is to look at the scheme of the rooms that you're using and build from there. Do you have a favorite color that you like to wear or use in decorating your home? This is another way to go. If you really, really, really can't decide, an all white, white/cream, white/silver, or black and white wedding can never go wrong. Start looking at magazines and bridal websites. Collect pictures that you really like, and then work with someone who can make your vision a reality. I have pictures of just about any scheme you can imagine, so contact me through my website and I'll send anything you request.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

lilmouse Posts : 14 Registered: 10/11/08
Re: receptions not on same day as ceremony
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: myra

My budget is 75k.

We are having the reception in Disney Animation Experience.

During the day at the park the pictures change between some great disney classics. But we can choose one, or many different animated movies for pictures to be shown...So there will be a ton of color in having those big screens covered with disney animation.

I love disney, but I don't want my wedding to be inundated with disney stuff. I collect the precious moments disney figurines. So, those would be fun to use. And I saw a disney wedding picture that had mouse ear hats with the peoples names as the place settings I LOVE that idea, but I may use it for the Mad Hatter Brunch instead.

I have spent hours upon hours googling disney weddings. Nothing jumps out at me. The coordinator said that when I come for our next meeting to bring pictures from flowers, to decorations, to my dress, to the cake...so that they can help me pick out stuff for my wedding. I have to actually use Disneyland as my vendor. I am not allowed to use any outside vendors when the party is IN the park. Which is fine. I don't mind.

The problem is the pictures I am to bring. I don't see anything that makes me go...THAT'S IT!! If you know what I mean.

Colors is the other problem. My initial thought is to have black and white and silver/gray, as those wonderful colored pictures would stand out amazingly. But my fiance says it will look dead and bland, like corpse bride. and the more black and white weddings I look at, I agree. My favorite colors are...topaz(golden yellow) and pink. But they don't look very well together, do they? I don't want to do to dark. As the lights will be dimmed in the room, with spot lights. What if I did black and white with topaz? Does that look to bumble bee? I would love to do white and a color, possibly gold. that to me seems simple, yet beautiful. Maybe I should pick a disney movie...and that will help me pick colors?? Maybe I should pick a specific character? UGH!@!I am probably making no sense. But I am so lost...who knew the wedding world was so HUGE!

"It all started with a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine