colors

Online Users: 1,346 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

teacherspet Posts : 74 Registered: 10/5/08
colors
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 3:38 AM

Colors suck! They aren't straigh forward.

Now that I have that out of the way, let me try and explain myself a bit more.

I went to pick up yarn...as I am going to need a truckload to pull this wedding off. I thought I would just crochet flowers...from now until then. Anyway, I get to Micheals, which has an extensive assortment of texture and color. And this is my dilema...

I came up with other combinations I like, and can not decide on the "ONE".

The constants remain the brown stems the green leaves and some yellow centers...The reds are all like davids apple red,

The choices I have for flower colors are...(I will list the closest davids bridal color next to the name in perenthisis, so you can get an idea)

Choice 1: Much like the cake I am modeling my crochet cake after(see cake thread), it has a red(apple red), a cinderella blue(crystal) and bright pink(rose petal). I do like the combination, the way it looks on the cake, and all. The pale blue is kinda romantic, white the red and pink are playful.

Choice 2: Red(apple), Teal(juniper) and Baby pink(pearl pink). This is the warmest combo of the three. Deep and sultry almost. Teal fabric is harder to find, around here anyway(I looked). Which could sway the whole decision in the long run. But this was my initial thought on colors also.

Choice 3: Red(apple), tiffany blue(pool), and pale pink(pink). This one is fun! Kinda rockabilly meets yarn...heh. I am by no means a rockabilly girl. But the combo is quite stunning.

So my initial choice was #2. The one I like the more I think about it is #1, but then I feel bad for abandoning my stunning initial choice. And #3 is just fun and bright and cheery...it gets the monkey wrench prize. They are all unique and stunning. And they would all work fabulously with my theme. HELP!?!?!

"You know you're in love when you can't go to sleep because reality is better than your dreams." ~The late Dr. Seuss

I HAVE FOUND THE MAN OF MY REALITY!! XOXO - ME

teacherspet Posts : 74 Registered: 10/5/08
Re: colors
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: teacherspet

Alright...I just got back from Michaels. I baught yarn....alot of it. And many different colors. So here is the run down of the colors I got....

Red...a deep apple red
Red with sparkly stuff in it...thought I could make a few sparkly flowers as well
Brown...for the twigs
Two shades of green...for the leaves.
Cotton candy...a very pale pink
Deep Pink...it is a bright pink(to accent the pale pink, see the cake)
Navy Blue...because it looked good with the other colors
Teal...my original color pick
Seafoam...which looks like a pale teal...for an accent.

So, maybe I have too many colors...but with the theme, I think it is acceptable...cause really I only have 3 colors....just different shades of those 3 colors. I personally think it is going to be amazingly stunning.

"You know you're in love when you can't go to sleep because reality is better than your dreams." ~The late Dr. Seuss

I HAVE FOUND THE MAN OF MY REALITY!! XOXO - ME

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: teacherspet

Different shades of your 3 colors sounds just fine.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: teacherspet

sounds great!  FYI--both Michaels and Joann's have a teacher discount card Smile and it DOESN'T have to be used on classroom stuff (at least I know for sure at Joanns)  I can't wait to see some of these flowers and the cake--hard for me to see it in my head

lilmouse Posts : 14 Registered: 10/11/08
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

I did not know that...but I will get him right on that! As I will be frequenting both place alot!! Thanks for the info!

"It all started with a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: lilmouse

It's 15% off sale and reg. price (off your TOTAL!) at Joanns and all he has to do is take a current paystub to the customer service desk and they'll give him a card good for a year. Michaels is less-known and they'll give him a paper to mail away with proof he's teaching someplace (I don't remember what they wanted) and they'll send a card in the mail.  (or maybe it's AC Moore not Michaels, not 100% sure anymore!)  Plus Joann's will give you one 20% off coupon for your total order for that day you go and make one LARGE purchase! Wink

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: teacherspet

I will tell you that I used teal for my wedding a year ago and had a TON of trouble finding anything in that color!!  Most everything except my teal BM dresses were one of my accent colors.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine