Hiya People

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 4

lilmouse Posts : 14 Registered: 10/11/08
Hiya People
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 12:56 AM

Hiya!

I am new here to the boards, though I have been reading and checking things out for nearly 2 months now.

My Wedding Marriage date is going to be 11/13/09. My wedding reception is going to be 11/19/09 at Disneyland park in California. We are also having a Brunch on 11/21/09. So, I am sort of planning two seperate receptions, because I want each one to be unique in decoration and style.

I am not sure where to start. I would like some help with some basics. I also have questions about breaking the wedding/reception up...if anyone else has done it and such. I will glad answer any questions of myself as well.

Thanks, I am excited to be here. You all seem to really help each other out.

"It all started with a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Re: Hiya People
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 1:33 AM Go to message in response to: lilmouse

How exciting! I LOVE Disneyland and try to go as much as possible! One of my really good friends is looking into getting married there. She is planning on having her ceremony at night in front of Cinderella's castle. I am assuming Disneyland will have a wedding planner to help you with everything you could possibly need!

LaBoosLady Posts : 124 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 7:23 AM Go to message in response to: lilmouse

Welcome to the boards and congratulations!  I am getting married on November 14, 2009 so it looks like we'll both have  an exciting weekend!

I'll try to help as much as I can.  What questions do you have?

wedding ticker

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD" - Proverbs 18:22

lilmouse Posts : 14 Registered: 10/11/08
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

They do have a coordinator that helps with all the decisions...as having a party in the park, requires you use ONLY disney services.

The problem I am having is they need you to have an idea of what you want to help you in the right direction. And other than the colors...I am at a loss. I have no idea what I want my cake to look like...what linens to choose...centerpieces...flowers...ect. All I knew is my wedding had to be at Disneyland....that's it.

"It all started with a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: lilmouse

I am with you on all of those little details! It is tough. What I started doing is looking on brides.com for pics. They have the wedding style at the top and they have TONS of pictures of everything. I kind of know what I want my bouquet to look like, but that is it. I am sure too your Disney coordinator will have tons of pictures you can look through. 

I have been trying to think of a theme for my wedding and I am having a really hard time! I would love for it to be something Disney, but I'm not sure. I love Enchanted. And have been thinking about doing something with that... So if you have any ideas, I would LOVE to hear them. 

Your wedding is going to be AMAZING! I wish I had the budget to have mine there as well.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine