I hate my engagement ring :(

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 64

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Re: I hate my engagement ring :(
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

You live in chicago... I know there are alot of nice places for you to have your wedding at. Hey, is there anyway you can post a pic of your E-ring? We'd love to see it, well I know I would. These are my rings. I am a Valentines Baby so I love hearts... when he asked me what kind of ring I wanted... I told him I didn't care as long as it had a heart but a pink heart would be nice...I had no idea he was going to get me 3ct.s of diamonds. And believe me.. I really didn't mind. lol. 

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Whoo hoo! V-day babies! I have hearts in my setting!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website 

KrispysKingdom Posts : 5 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

We actually live in Dubuque, Iowa, but want to get married in Galena, Illinois. It is an awesome little town and only about 20 minutes from home.

I will post a picture of my ring when we get it back from being re-sized next week. It has hearts on it as well - a little too feminine for my taste, but Jon had to special order it to get the hearts, so I can see how meaningful it is to him.

Kris H.
Third time's the charm!

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

YOURS HAS HEARTS TOO! yay! not very many people have heart diamonds. hauh Mrs Pinky? Mine was custom orderd too. he had to get it L.A. becuase getting them from him would have been 2'xs as much and no where near the grade or quaility. I can't wait to see yours. :) 

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Oh I don't have a heart DIAMOND! Mine just has hearts in the setting. But that would be cool!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website 

KrispysKingdom Posts : 5 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I'm sorry - I meant that the hearts are in the setting. There are three on either side.

Kris H.
Third time's the charm!

MaryBeth2008 Posts : 33 Registered: 9/26/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

My FH got my a plain,silver wedding band for my engagement ring instead of an actual engagement ring. At first I was a bit mad since I showed him seveal rings that I liked,but I got over it,becouse I realized HE picked it out for ME. So what its not what I wanted, its something he got for me himself.
So I wear a wedding band for an engagement ring. When we get married I have my great aunts wedding ring to wear.
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

Hey Kris,

I used to live in northern Illinois and i worked near Galena for awhile and it IS a beautiful place! Sounds great.

www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

DH's family lives near Galena - they visit there regularly for shopping trips

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

PinkHippo Posts : 53 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 2:57 AM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

I hope you can understand why your fiances feelings are hurt. He took a lot of time to pick it out and tried the best he could. It should mean something that he took the time to do that. Where is the fun in knowning exactly what you are going to get. When we were looking at rings we must have hit a million differnet jewlrey stores many months before he poped the question. We looked at lots of rings together but I never looked at a single one and said this has to be it. Would I have loved a huge 4 kart ring of course what woman would not but that is not practical. I only specified that I wanted a prinicis cut diamond or diamonds becuase for our first christmas present my fiance bought be a diamond necklace with pricinus (sp) cut diamonds and I wanted everything to match well together. He took that advice and ran with it. I love my ring becuase he took the time to pick it out himself. He says he returend it three times to get the right one. Would he have loved to buy me a big extravgant ring of course what gues does not want to do that. But in actuality he could not afford that and did what he could afford.

You can always dress the ring up with your wedding band, you get to actully pick that one yourself so you could do a lot that way to make it what you want. I think it is awful to throw the ring back in his face. He got what he could afford. Don't you think if he could have afford the one that you truly wanted that is the ring he would have gotten you. HE PICKED IT YOU SHOULD LOVE IT! Maybe you could compramise, IF YOU MUST, with your wedding day jewlrey. My fiance and I have been looking at diamond braclets for my "pillow gift". Once again I do not know which one he will pick but we have been looking together so I know it will be great. Maybe you could get a nice braclet and earring set to wear.

PinkHippo Posts : 53 Registered: 11/2/08
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 2:59 AM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

Hey Kris....where in Galena are you getting married? I am getting married in Galena at the Ramada in August!

sunshine11 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/25/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

i dont think your a bad person. You just both have different opinions and thats okay, but i think he should be a little bit more understanding and not force you to keep a ring that you obviously dont like.
Soon 2 B Mrs.P

lynskizats Posts : 7 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Edited by: lynskizats on Dec 5, 2008 8:14 PM

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

I picked out my own ring and it wasn't really what I had in mind... lol

I wanted a heart shaped diamond but I didn't want a solitare. I only saw solitares or ones with WAY too many diamonds. I'm a simple kind of girl but think just one diamond on a band looked too.. lonely.. lol
I saw a few I liked but they all sat up too high and I have to get my hands to go into motorcycle gloves and exam gloves...

So the first one I tried on I liked... we went other places and I went back to my first one :) It's like the other 3 diamonds pictured on here!
BUT the FH said we'll upgrade in time. I don't mind either way as long as he always wants to be by my side :)

RachelOS Posts : 70 Registered: 9/27/08
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 3:17 AM Go to message in response to: KrispysKingdom

First, so many people get three stone rings as engagement rings these days that I don't know how anyone could see it and think that it was anything else. Secondly, an engagement ring is not a type of ring. An engagement ring is a ring that is given during an engagement to symbolize the commitment you make to each other... promising to get married in the future. Thirdly, I would like the fact that it says "past present future". What else is an engagement ring (and ultimately marriage) really about? Finally, if you must, get the stones reset. Tell your FH that the setting of the ring doesn't fit into your daily lifestyle, that you want the diamonds for their sentamental value, and that this is great practice for compromising... something that will be used often in a marriage (and obviously needs help in your relationship). I hope that everything works out.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine