JUNE 2009 BRIDES

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 128

penaltyshot Posts : 7 Registered: 8/11/08
Re: JUNE 2009 BRIDES
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsAle...

Charlotte states that her place will close down entirely for her wedding on Sunday, while I am getting married on Sunday for religious reasons. Smile

MotoMiller Posts : 17 Registered: 1/30/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Thank you, so does yours. I love wineries and I am sure you will not be in short supply of alcohol. My party will have a total of 4 BM (including MOH) and 4 GM (including BM). The "flower" girl is my neice but my church won't allow real flowers so I am going to have her hold a mini-bouquet of oriental lilies.

You are definitely ahead of me when it comes to the small details. I think they are the most important.

I absolutely cannot believe how expensive decent veils are!!! Still looking. Since my dress has no beading, I want my veil to stand out a little.  I am working on my cake. I know what I want its just finding the right confectioner.

Invitations are another story? Did you send out save the date cards? I am not sure I want to. Everyone coming will either be family and notified in my mom's Christmas newsletter or by word of mouth. What do you think?

Every breath of who you are
Tells a story that I love
I have finally found the truth
In what I see in you
And what I feel with every touch
The simple beauty of your heart
In every breath of who you are

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

I'm doing a sand ceremony as well. Your dress is beautiful. The hot pink and black sound perfect. I have always been a fan of black (clothes). It is such a classic color paired with a very feminine color. Stunning.

In what I see in you
And what I feel with every touch
The simple beauty of your heart
In every breath of who you are

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: MotoMiller

I think having weddings on Fridays and Sundays as well as Saturdays has become a newer thing. For some reason my venue will only close down for private weddings on Sundays. I could have gotten married there on a Saturday but it would still be open to the public and the wedding reception would have been in a smaller area. So I opted for the Sunday wedding that is private and has a lot more space.

Moto, veils are surprisingly expensive. I work at a David's Bridal so I have known for a while how much they are. I splurged and bought a tiara that I love too. However, it was $200 but got marked down becuase it was discontinued and then I got my employee discount but it was still $110. I just had to have a big tiara though. I am waiting for my wedding gown to come in before I choose my veil.

I did not send out save the date cards. I liked ones with pictures on them and FH and I decided to wait until closer to the wedding to take engagement photos that are included in our photography contract. We would have had to take our engagement photos in August and the wedding is obviously June 09 and I thought that was pretty early and our looks might change some. We ended up ruling out save the dates altogether because they arent necessary and would cut costs, and we didnt have a nice professional photo for them anyway. Since most of our guests are in town and will know from word of mouth that I am getting married I didnt think Save the Dates were totally needed. I am going to send our invitations out 2 months before the wedding, which will hopefully give everyone enough time to plan our wedding into their schedules. Of corse there are family and friends who know the date already and have it in their schedule now. The only risk is that there are possibly friends and family friends who might plan a June vacation or summer activity that runs in with our wedding and wont be able to attend. I think your mom putting your wedding date in a family newsletter would be really helpful for you.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Charlotte~

I like the mantilla veil. Since I am getting married in a church, I feel that it would be appropriate. The only drawback that I can tell offhand is that is presses my hair down. I would also like a tiara.........

I wish I could have a David's bridal discount. How was it working at a bridal salon? I was so jealous of anyone getting married before I got engaged. How did you feel?

I think no sending out save the date will definitely help my budget. I am spending more than I ever thought I would and being that I am an accountant, its easy. I just didn't account for all the things that went into a wedding (I am pulling my hair out now!!)

The Future Mrs. Miller

In what I see in you

ciscokid Posts : 119 Registered: 8/8/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: MotoMiller

Aww, it's so exciting to read about everyone else's weddings! And we all have (approximately) the same amount of time to wait! Mine is June 6. I'm in pharmacy school, and we had to wait until my summer rotations are over with. Otherwise it would have been like the weekend after graduation! We've been together 4 1/2 years and are VERY tired of waiting!

My colors are avocado green, chocolate, and cream. I have my dress, bridesmaids dresses are bought (we bought them at a department store, so there wasn't an option to wait until closer - they are green and cream polka dotted with a big bow in the back and they are ADORABLE!).

The wedding will be in an antebellum home with around 65 guests. Buffet style reception. My caterer, florist, photographer, day-of coordinator, and pretty much everything else is booked.

I still have to do hair trials and get my gown fitted, finish formatting my invitations and print them (Christmas break! lol), and do other odds and ends.

I love the mantillas, too. A friend of mine that got married this summer wore one and it was beautiful.

Keep 'em comin, ladies!

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: MotoMiller

Moto, I do see what you are saying about mantillas smashing your head some since they lay so flat. But with professional hair done and a lot of hairspray I think you would be fine. I think they look best with long hair either straight or with really romantic curls. They usually are not worn with a tiara though because of the shape. I do know that David's Bridal has one, but I cannot remember the price or anything on it, but it is very pretty!

To answer your question, I love working at a bridal salon, partly because I love the people I work with. There are ups and downs at work though because sometimes you just do not connect well with the person you are trying to help and sometimes they would prefer you werent there or they just arent that excited about their wedding or dress shopping. A lot of the time though I hit it off pretty well with my customers and that is when it is fun and rewarding. I know selling someone a dress isnt saving the world, but there is something that is rewarding about helping a girl find her gown and being a really small part of her great time. Sadly though there are some people who seem miserable throughout the process and that is a drag to deal with.

Mayhem Posts : 1 Registered: 8/10/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Hi Ladies,

My wedding date is June 13th.  I have my gown, reception/ceremony will be at same location, have color scheme (purple - - all shades with hints of green).  Time is flying and I'm getting everything else in place.  I'm so excited to read all of your posts and wish you all the happiness!!!!!!!

Valerie

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 1:50 AM Go to message in response to: Mayhem

Mayhem, you (and some other brides on the thread) are getting married a day before me! Welcome to the thread. I hope this one gets really popular and gives me a lot to read and a lot of fun and advice.

Bride2BeSoon Posts : 21 Registered: 4/29/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:06 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Hey ladies. :)

I am getting married Friday, June 5... We are getting married on a Friday, just because. Its a fun day? lol. We have everything done except the honeymoon (the fun part, right?)... We are super excited... Just trying to work out money. We are doing everything DYI. Flowers, Food, Invites, Bridesmaid dresses, ect. --You name it, and we are doing it DYI (except, my dress and the rings?). Our budget is super small since we are both still in school, but things are working out great...

I love this forum. I have no friends that are engaged or are married, so they are all sick of hearing about stuff... So, glad you all are here... :)

Hope everyones planning is going well... Love to read about everyones.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 7:54 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeSoon

Bride2be, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has friends who just kinda give you THAT LOOK when you start talking about wedding ANYTHING. lol I've been trying to steer clear of wedding talk completely around them. I don't want them sick of the wedding before it gets here! hahahaha

So many June 13th brides!!! Yea!!! I didn't realize when I picked that date that it would be so popular everywhere lol But I know it is here! I booked our church in February and a week to 2 weeks later our wedding coordinator emailed and said another couple had just called asking for our date! She reminded me how smart I was to book the church the week FH proposed lol

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

Bride2BeSoon Posts : 21 Registered: 4/29/08
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 11:01 AM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Destiny, I know exactly what you're talking about! My girlfriends are very supportive, but they are still jealous? maybe... I don't know the right word. But, wedding talk is something that I really have to be careful about --unless they bring it up, then its free game. :) 

I have a question ladies --

My FH and I are having a traditional wedding with no decorations in either the church or even in the reception area really. And my hometown church has a sloped asile, which is fine, but how do I do the flowergirl thing? I don't think I want flower petals thrown because its just another thing to clean up, but then theres the asile runner too... Traditionallly, the asile runner was used to cover up the dirt floors so the dress didn't get dirty, so I just don' think I need it, but I just don't know. Its another expense and I don't know if I want to spend the money...

What do you ladies think? Petals or no? Asile Runner or no?

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeSoon

Bride2BeSoon,

This is tough. I think that petals are definitely romantic. I would lay them on either side like an isle runner. Clean-up would be fairly minimal. Plus, your dress is going to get dirty no matter what.

The Future Mrs. Miller

In what I see in you

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2BeSoon

Bride2BeSoon, instead of having the flower girl drop petals some people have a ball of flowers (also known as a kissing ball I believe) or a special bouquet for the flowergirl to carrey. I am not sure if either way will end up cutting costs though.

As far as the asile runner, if you are getting married in a church there should be an aisle already just not a special runner. I dont think you need to buy fabric to lay down. I am getting married outside but they have an isle built and set up chairs on either side just like the inside of a church. The aisle is concrete so I am not going to buy a aisle runner either since it isnt dirt or anything.

disneybride09 Posts : 11 Registered: 2/12/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: TheFutureMrsAle...

OMG My date is June 27th 2009 as well! Im getting married outdoors. My reception and ceremony are at the same site. It is in the evening and my colors are a rose pink and characoal silver. 

My bridesmaids already have their dresses. They are beautiful. They aree spagetti strap that goes to their knees. Its the baby doll style. It is a rose pink with a silver ribbon around the waist.

I haven't decided on my dress either. I feel I have time still but everyone keeps rushing me!

Marrying my honey in 262 days!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine