Sand Ceremony...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

luvualways02 Posts : 308 Registered: 3/4/08
Sand Ceremony...
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 10:38 AM

FH wants to do the sand ceremony instead of the unity candle. His BF/BM did it at theres and loved it, but they just basically stood up there and poured the sand into the container. It was the priest first time to do it, so everyone was confused. Our pastor has never done it as well and would like to incorporate bible verses about our lives coming together and so forth. Does anyone know if there are bible verses for the sand ceremony or if people are just choosing some?

wedding ticker prpv9.jpg picture by luvualways02

LilMrsSunshine Posts : 195 Registered: 6/25/08
Re: Sand Ceremony...
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

HEY LuvUAlways!

We're doing a Sand Ceremony as well... I found some helpful vows or saying on this page.

http://www.officiantguy.com/sandceremony.html

Soon to Be Mrs. Parker 4-4-09

www.melanieandjeramie.com

Message was edited by: LilMissSunshine

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: LilMrsSunshine

I found the same site, officiantguy.com.... I also searched for what was said during the sand ceremony of the Bachelorette.... Trista and Ryan. I kinda fiddled around with what was said during theirs and mixed it with stuff from the officiantguy web site....
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

luvualways02 Posts : 308 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Destiny where did you find Trista and Ryan's at? Just curious to read theirs as well.

wedding ticker prpv9.jpg picture by luvualways02

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

Can't remember where I found it, but I have it saved in my email from when I was trying to figure it all out.... here you go :)

"Love is the eternal force of life.
Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage.
But although you will be sharing one life, never forget you are two separate people.
Cherish and affirm your differences.
Love each other.
Keep your commitment primary.
Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow.
Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately."

"To symbolize the importance of the individuals within the marriage and the joining of two lives into one entity, 3 colors of sand will now be layered into a base."

(Trista is handed a clear jar of Pink Sand, Ryan is handed a clear jar of Blue Sand. The minister has one small clear jar filled with a Neutral color sand and a large empty jar)

The Minister speaks again:
"We begin with a layer of Neutral Sand which symbolizes that the marriage is grounded."

(The Minister pours a little of the Neutral Sand into the large jar)

"Then we layer the individual colors. This symbolizes that the marriage is based on the strength of the individuals."

(Ryan poured a little of the Blue Sand in first, followed by a little more of the Neutral Sand from the minister. Trista then added a little of the Pink Sand, followed by some additional Neutral Sand from the minister).

"And now we combine the colors, which symbolizes two lives joined as one together forever."

(Ryan and Trista simultaneously pour their remaining sand into the large jar until their jars are empty. The minister caps off the sand with the last of the Neutral Sand. The minister then holds the large jar up as if presenting to the wedding audience and places the jar to the side)

The End

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

MotoMiller Posts : 17 Registered: 1/30/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

I'm am also doing sand instead of the unity candle. I never realized that there was a ceremony. Thank you for the link of the "officiant guy". I have definitely bookmarked it.

Every breath of who you are
Tells a story that I love
I have finally found the truth
In what I see in you
And what I feel with every touch
The simple beauty of your heart
In every breath of who you are

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 2:33 AM Go to message in response to: MotoMiller

The sand ceremony that DH and I did for our wedding included our mothers.  We found the wording for the ceremony online.  It was also our minister's first time conducting a sand ceremony so I found the wording and also found when within the ceremony it's to be performed.  He also found the same info I did.  The sand ceremony worked out just fine and was beautiful.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of us performing it yet but hopefully our photographer got the shots.
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine