Hair Help Please! Only 9 Days to go! My hair trial SUCKED!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Hair Help Please! Only 9 Days to go! My hair trial SUCKED!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 9:51 AM

Hello Ladies,

I am computer challenged and can't find a photo of what I'm looking for.  I had my hair trial the other day and it SUCKED!  And when I say sucked I mean SUCKED!  Now let me preface by saying I'm a moron and didn't bring any pictures.  I wanted the Jenna Bush hairstyle.  Half up - or atleast pulled away from my face and then just nice natural wave.  Simple enough right?  Apparently not so much.  My dress is super simple as is the entire wedding. (see profile for dress pics)

Somehow I ended up with this boufant nasty teased rats nest all pinned and just yucky.  Now, I have VERY fine, thin hair.  It's just past my shoulders and I can't do many styles with it because it sucks so bad. 

I've searched all over the damn place (which probably isn't much due to the computer challenge).  I'm hoping that someone can help me find some photos to bring to my way over priced moron of a hairdresser, but that's a different story.

Thank you in advance if you read this!  I could really use all the help I can get!

Apparently I can't spell sorry! 

Re: Hair Help Please! Only 9 Days to go! My hair trial SUCKED!
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Anyone?  Anyone?

10042008Bride Posts : 82 Registered: 9/11/07
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

What about getting another hairdresser?  My hairdresser is awesome.  I didn't take any pics but she was able to tell me what she thought would look good on me and she was right.  She re-did it a few times until I thought it was perfect.  Sorry- I know your weddings really soon.

STBMrsDreyfous Posts : 125 Registered: 3/26/08
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Hello! I'm sorry your hair stylist is kind of an idiot!! I'm sitting at work, bored as heck, so I googled wedding hair styles and this is what I found! Just a disclaimer, sorry if you don't like any of them! LOL! I hope you find something you like!

~Becca aka the soon to be Mrs. Dreyfous! May 9th, 2009!

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Don't worry I had a similar experience, my hair trial was hideous (and I'm not that picky) but bringing a picture helped me. 

Here's a few pictures, just print these out:

Or here's the link I found if you need it:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/LhDCN0v15F8/Henry+Hager+Jenna+Bush+Wedding/R86srPlagWU/Henry+Hager 

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

Thank you ladies so much!  Those are exactly what I was looking for but just couldn't seem to find.

I wish that getting another stylist was an option but at this point with 9 days left it's just impossible!

Thank you all SO MUCH!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

I have to tell you that i have long (past my shoulders) VERY fine hair as well and this was not working for me at ALL.  They couldn't get it to do it without having to tease and hairspray the bejesus out of my hair.  I ended up going with something sleek and pulled back because it's what my hair would cooperate with.

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I have a paining feeling your right!  When I say thin I mean pin straight and when my hair is in a ponytail it's about the size of a nickel.  I may just give up on the curl part and just have it blown out but half back.  Suprisingly enough my hair holds curl with product!  Thank god but still to keep it from looking stringy I might just go straight.  Oh the drama over stinking hair!

Camrynsmom Posts : 158 Registered: 2/26/08
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

I have a similar problem with my hair, and I know that this sounds kinda crazy, but did you ever consider having extensions put in for your big day?  You don't even need to get permanent ones, they actually have really great clip ins you can put just at the crown to get some volume.  It looks much more natural than all that stupid bufant teasing and hairspray!

When I stopped nursing my daughter about a year ago, I had a devastating hair loss mostly in front of my hair leaving it almost see through straight to the scalp.  Alot of it has grown back but it is still quite thin.  I really wanted the all down with one side pinned behind my ear look but thought because my hair was thin, I couldn't pull it off.  That is when my hairdresser (who also happens to be my cousin) said "ANYTHING is possible with a little help from some extensions!"

Just a thought!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

clip in extensions is a great suggestion!!  you can get human hair and it will blend like a dream

my only suggestion is to go back in for a second trial if you can.  i would say to treat your stylist with respect and you are more likely to get what you want.  i know you are just venting but kindness gets all of us farther in life

good luck!  i hope that your hair is gorgeous on your wedding day!  you deserve the best! 

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Thank you ladies!  I do love my stylist!  He's been doing my hair for ages.  On the day of the trial it was all a big mess.  He had someone yelling at him because he was late blah blah blah. 

I agree with the hair extensions and wish I'd thought of them sooner.  Problem now is that my wedding is in 8 days and I live in the middle of nowhere New England.  Where could I even begin to look for something like that?  Sally's is about the only local place and I have looked at theirs but they looked really synthetic.

Camrynsmom Posts : 158 Registered: 2/26/08
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

I am sure your salon or stylist can get them pretty fast if you ask ASAP, but if you'd like, I can put in a call to my cousin who owns a salon in Reading, PA and see how she gets them.  She may know how to help...worth a shot in the dark.........

kinzlove Posts : 15 Registered: 8/17/08
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Hope these help!! :)

Message was edited by: kinzlove

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: kinzlove

when I looked in to hair extentions they were a little cost prohibitive for me, which is why I just changed what my hair wanted to do.  Here's a picture of my hair on the best of days:

my hair has been growing out for a year since then, so it's a ton longer, which I"m thinking is actually what's keeping it from holding a nice curl.  It's 5 weeks to my wedding (today!) and I'm thinking about cutting my hair a lot shorter so I can wear it down! AHH! Here's my hair trial:

that's a messy version, but you get the idea. hehe 

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Hi Soon2BMrsPaul!

There is plenty you can do!

Here are some ideas:

Half Up Curly Hairstyle
Half-up Curly Hairstyle

Wedding Hairstyles:  Waves You’ve spent months growing out your hair for this—

Wedding Hairstyles:  RANCH The Plan: Inspired by the mountain aesthetic of blue jeans and

I hope this helps. Best of luck & keep us posted!!!

Bryan & Emy September 27, 2008

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine