Little emotional, we had to change my Engagement Ring...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Little emotional, we had to change my Engagement Ring...
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:19 AM

My e-ring was a beautiful 1 karat emerald stone, with 2 smaller princes cut on both sides & bagettes around the ring. He choose this ring and it was absolutely beautiful & unique. I had to give him my ring so he could go to the jewelry store & make the wedding band.

Guess what! the manufacturer doesn't work that kind of ring anymore & no wedding band could be done. Our friend, from the jewelry store, decided to contact other manufacturers but only one could do the wedding band but it was going to cost more than the e- ring itself, which is ridiculous.

FH explained me that situation & he told me he saw a beautiful ring that we could change for my e-ring, and this one has the wedding band. He told me he loved it. We went yesterday to the store because he wanted me to make the decision. This new e-ring is full of princess cut diamonds with my emerald cut stone, which will be transfered to this new ring, and the wedding band is full of princes cut diamonds also.

A few tears came out when I realized I had to change it. Although this new ring is extremely beautiful, 2 karat in total and I also love it, I was emetionally attached to the other one. :-(

Message was edited by: Beca

Babilu Posts : 26 Registered: 9/9/08
Re: Little emotional, we had to change my Engagement Ring...
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: Beca

I am sorry Beca =(

I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. Us women seem to get attached to things much faster than guys. You original e-ring has a lot of sentimental value to you since it was the ring he proposed to you with.

Just be strong. You'll probably feel better as time goes by. At least you're not switching to a ring you don't really like....

AutumnPrincess Posts : 87 Registered: 7/8/08
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 9:53 AM Go to message in response to: Babilu

I'd be really sad too! But at least you know your FH isn't upset by it. So try not to be either. Easier said than done, I know. My FH once bought me a beautiful bracelet set with opals for my college graduation last summer and I ended up losing it somehow in my move to his place. I cried bitter tears, believe me, and even though he understood and was completely understanding, I still feel bad about it to this day! And I still hope it turns up, it was gorgeous.

Bling3 Posts : 54 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

My ring also does nto work well with a wedding band but instead I decided that I would wear my engagement ring on the right hand and the wedding band on the left hand. I could nto part with the ring I got.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Sep 28, 2008 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

Do you have a picture of your current e-ring? have you looked into other types of wedding rings? What about going to a small private jeweler instead of a manufacturer? They may be able to make your ring for less.

While I don't think I have a sentimental attachment to my rings, and therefore wouldn't be very upset about trading them in, I wouldn't give up on your e-ring just yet. My wedding band doesn't sit exactly flush with my e-ring. I had them soldered together and at the top, there is a slight gap, but to be honest, I don't even notice it (and neither does anybody else who looks at it, or if they do, nobody has ever said anything about it). I would keep trying to find a ring that would match, especially since you do have an attachment to your rings.

My point, it doesn't have to fit perfect to be a perfect match. Here's my rings:

ring

Do you notice any gap?

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

lin and nate

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

Thanks ladies!!

We had to changed it, since we were short of time we decided was the best thing to do. I just let it go & my husband & I are really happy with our final decision. He loves this ring more than the other. I'll try to post a picture of my new e-ring & my wedding band.

Well, the picture is very small, but I don't really know how to post pictures from my camera.. It is an emerald cut diamond with princess cut diamonds around it. The wedding band is full with princess cut diamonds around, as the e-ring. I really like it and I am very happy with it. I think it has 1.75 ct in total, as my husband mentioned.

Edited by: Beca on Dec 1, 2008 10:21 AM

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

Beca, from what I can see..it's beautiful! congradulations

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine