How much and where do you wear bridal jewelry ?????

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

crkshnks79 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/30/08
How much and where do you wear bridal jewelry ?????
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 12:58 AM

So Im confused about how much "extra " jewelry does a bride wear ?? Obviously a necklace and bracelet if they choose , but on what wrist do you wear the bracelet ?? Right , left or both ?? And do you wear a decorative ring on your right hand ?? Would it be to much to wear a bracelet on each wrist ? Thanks so much for your advice , I appreciate it :)

~Lauren ~

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: How much and where do you wear bridal jewelry ?????
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

OK, I don't know why a bride would wear "extra" jewelry.  Unless you're like me and you might like some earrings and necklace but too much more.....

That said, a bracelet would probably be OK.  But more then that?  I don't know.  think to yourself, a bracelet is often loose.  Do you want to have a loose, in the way bracelet, on your left hand while your ring is being put on your hand?

That's just a suggestion.   Good luck.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 3:36 AM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

I don't know that this will be helpful, but I've never heard any rules about bridal jewelry. I think in general it's possible to wear too much jewelry, but a necklace & a bracelet does not sound like too much. Two bracelets may be too much, IMO, if you're also wearing a necklace & earrings.

Decorative ring--only if you want to. Again, no rule that I know of. I had my (deceased) grandmother's wedding/engagement ring set resized to fit me & I wore that on my right hand on my wedding day along with my usual everyday rings I always wear on my right hand (I'm a ring person).

willmarrybarry Posts : 84 Registered: 4/15/08
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

HOnestly - do whatever suits your personal sense of style and goes with your dress and your type of wedding. Whatever floats your boat.

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: willmarrybarry

I agree, willmarrybarry. Do what you want. 

I plan to wear just a necklace and earrings. I would wear a bracelet but I don't normally wear them much(get annoying when im typingTongue out).

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

In fashion in general, I always think that less is more.  So whatever you put on, before you walk down the aisle TAKE ONE THING OFF (at least)!  Wedding dresses are so elaborate and ornate, that you really don't need anything but perhaps a pair of studs, you e ring, and a white smile!  Smile

willmarrybarry Posts : 84 Registered: 4/15/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

I still think you should do whatever you want - like I said when I first responded to your post - but I'd like to fess up that  personally don't know what I want, don't have a sense of what looks good together, and I agree with a pp that wedding dresses are often so elaborate that it's hard to accessorize them right.

I am working with a designer to get my jewelry for the day to match my dress. She is also making jewelry for my bridal party, to match their dresses and their personalities ( a different piece for each girl).

Here's a link to her etsy page - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5703043. She only has a couple of things listed on there because most of her work is private custom, but you can email her from there and send her a picture of your dress (like I did) and she'll help youfigure out how to accessorize it.

She is really sweet and I can't recommend her more highly.

crkshnks79 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: willmarrybarry

Thanks for the reply :) I wasnt sure if your not supposed to wear a bracelet on your left wrist , or a ring on your right finger ? I guess Ill try on my dress and see what looks best w different jewelry . Thanks for the link for your jewelry maker , Ill check it out !

~Lauren ~

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

I think you should wear whatever you want to wear. I wore big flashy cascade earrings even though the skirting of my dress is what caught everyone's attention. I wanted to wear a necklace, and would have gone with a big flashy one as well, but the neckline of my dress didn't really allow me to wear one. I also wore 2 braclets both on my left hand. My MOH had a beaded bracelet made for me that was really the inspiration to our wedding colors, and an engraved sterling silver braclet a BM had given to me as a wedding gift. I wanted to make sure that the jewelry was seen when my DH put my wedding ring on.

But do what YOU want to do!

Photobucket

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

JennaG84 Posts : 6 Registered: 5/29/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: crkshnks79

2 bracelets is a bit much..  I prefer quality over quantity.  It's more classy.  I rather wear one stunning piece on a wrist than have diamonds on both wrists or 2 on the same arm.  It just takes away from the beauty of each piece.  That's just my personal opinion however.

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: JennaG84

Are you looking at buying new jewelry or wearing things you already own? I can pretty much guarantee that unless FH buys me something new for the wedding, I will be wearing a small heart necklace, a silver bracelet, a silver watch and 3-4 rings (college class ring, claddaugh ring, e-ring and wedding band eventually). Why? Because this is what I wear every day - the necklace is the first present my FH bought me, the bracelet (shockingly) fits, I'll never be on time without the watch and the rings all have super-sentimental meaning to me. 

So, basically, I think it depends on what you're going for. If I were buying new jewelry, I'd probably only get a necklace.  

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Sep 3, 2008 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: JennaG84

FH just bought me a new watch and matching necklace as a wedding gift. I am wearing my new diamond watch on my left wrist(as I normally would, I hate being with out a watch) and my new diamond braclet on my right wrist. I am not wearing the necklace he bought me. Becuase I will be wearing my Swarovski Crystal necklace and matching earrings. He bought when wegot my wedding dress. And oh I am wearing a Swarovski Crystal tiara too.

Here is the link to our HONEYMOON SUITE- FOR 6 DAYS AND 5 NIGHTS

http://www.motion-vr.com/tourm.aspx?tn=445&cp=1&b=1&la=0&fl=1 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine