NWR: I'm getting rid of Comcast!!!!

Online Users: 1,346 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
NWR: I'm getting rid of Comcast!!!!
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 11:50 PM

Yay!!!!! I've finally found a replacement for Comcast!!!

OK, I know this seems silly, but I cannot even begin to tell you guys how much I hate Comcast. They are the devil, I've decided. I've never had to deal with such horrible customer service. I don't think I've ever been given the same answer twice. They've blatantly lied to me - I remember I was trying to sign up for their lowest TV package, which is 15 bucks for basically just the basic public stations, plus a few more. The woman kept telling me they didn't have that - liar! They do too! My friends have it!!!!

I'm tired of their ridiculous prices, stupid introductory fees, stupid everything.

I could kiss the Indiana legislator for finally allowing the phone companies to start offering Internet and TV. Thank you, government, you finally did something right.

OK, now hopefully AT&T will be better. Shouldn't be hard. Comcast set the bar pretty damn low.

Thanks for letting me rant! 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: NWR: I'm getting rid of Comcast!!!!
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Oh I hear you!!  I hated them for years!! I had to get the triple play in order to get internet at my old apartment.And I swear my internet would crap out every other week for DAYS at a time. And then the phone craps out too. And they have the nerve to ask DH for our home phone number so they can call us back!!!  Then they said they would send someone out to fix the outside line, and who knows if they ever did it!

I was so excited to switch to Direct TV this coming Feb when our 2 yr contract was up, but NOPE. Since we moved we HAD to sign ANOTHER 2 yr contract with them when we transferred our service or it's a $200 something cancellation fee.

I swear they can be jerks b/c there's no competition. Sure I can try FiOS or Direct TV but when you live in a housing association you cant always get all that stuff installed.  (We cant unless we do it at night or something, so no one sees!!) 

So you're not alone. I hate them with every fiber of my being!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Oh, I can't even get started on Comcast - they piss me off too much. I'm not allowed to rant about them anymore. In fact, DH and I generally try to avoid ANY references to them in conversation, as it's not pretty when we get going on them. So I'm not even going to start - it'll literally ruin my day.

As irritating as it is to change your service, set up new service, or really do ANYTHING that involves their customer service idiots (and the idiots at the store are just as bad as the idiots on the phone - although my all-time worst conversation with a Comcast idiot was one of the phone idiots), I'm pretty happy with the product. Our internet is very fast and we never have issues with it. TV is TV, as far as I'm concerned. No problems with it. The price is far too high, but I don't think we have a contract or anything.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

I am so feeling you.  I was so happy to get rid of Comcast.  I have DirectTV and I love it.  I have been so happy with them.  I will never go back to Comcast. Enjoy your new service.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

MissMac Posts : 142 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

WOW...its interesting to hear that Comcast sucks in other areas then ours!!! Their Customer Service sucks soo bad in our area a whole county sued them for guess what..their bad customer service! and last year there was an older lady that went into one of their support centers and went almost postal!  She stabbed at one of the computers with a screwdriver...lol. And I dont even think she was charged...even the police must know how much it must have been provoked! 

I have the luck of having free basic cable, which even they could not figure out where its coming from.  Its coming from a jack out of our closet.  I moved in with FH and he said when he moved in and called to get cable they came and set it up and found that closet jack and they went outside and could not figure out where its coming from.  So we are actually not stealing it, in fact he even paid for it for almost 3 yrs untill he paid the water bill with the comcast check and they cut it off...lol...yeah needless to say we didnt have to pay water for almost 10 months and he is no longer responsibile for paying our bills..lol...but it is refreshing that we dont even have to deal with them any more!

oh and who tells you they will be there between 8 and 6 pm...so your supposed to miss a whole day of work for them to not even arrive till 7 pm!!!

Good for you and anyone else who can get rid of them!!!

True Love is gift from God

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: MissMac

MissMac - I'm pretty sure that Comcast has one of the worst reputations in the country for service. 

I'm getting the AT&T Uverse. I'm pretty excited about it - for $15 less than what we pay Comcast, we'll get the same stuff PLUS a DVR, which I"m really excited about! I've been wanting one for awhile but didn't want to pay for it.

I'll let you guys know whether it's any good or not! 

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

I'm going to ditto everything that has been said here about Comcrap! They suuuuuuuuuck! We have AT&T now but their cable doesn't come out to where we are so we just have the internet/phone right now. I'm missing TV but now that I've started school, I've got other things on my mind.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

ChucksGrl0215 Posts : 407 Registered: 8/27/07
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I was so happy to get rid of Comcast. We live in a apartment and wanted cable in our bedroom. Comcast had to send someone out 3 different times and we still never got it. I finally called them to complain and when I asked to speak to a manager I was hung up on. We switched over to Verizon and we were able to get cable in the bedroom without any problems.

www.mywedding.com/meghanandchuck

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

we had insight out here before i went off to school... then when i moved into an apartment out there comcast was the only option out there for our apartment. had it for 3 years out there - the internet would go out for a day or so - one time the guy looked at it and said the guy that hooked it up didn't do the spliter right so that's why it sucked, yet it still would randomly go out for hours at a time... one time they told us the reason it went out was because there were so many people on the same node as us that we got kicked and it would let us back on later - my response was 'wtf? i pay for internet too!'

then moving back to my hometown... comcast had bought out insight months prior so once again, i get stuck with them! i set up a transfer service thing online but they said i needed to pay my full balance first before they'd put it through. then i went to the office closer to my moving date and told them id like to get my service set up to transfer... they said 1) my modem would not work at the new place so it would be all new equipment and it'd be easier for us if i just transferred the account over to my roommate and then had her transfer it when she moved a month later. but i still got stuck paying a new installation fee that was almost $200 because i couldn't just transfer service to the new place since it was in a different coverage area or something!

the internet still randomly goes out but usually if we reset the IP it works alright for awhile... 

i still wish i didn't have comcast though!

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

AceMagee Posts : 12 Registered: 3/12/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 8:35 AM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

I hate comcast too!!!! We are moving to a new town and Comcast is our only option out there besides satellite TV which doesn't work in the town anyways!!!! They completely overcharge and the service sucks!!!!!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

saw this and just HAD to share w/ you guys!

Photobucket

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

MisterKelley Posts : 258 Registered: 7/11/08
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thankfully we don't have comcast, but this thread did bring back a memory of Customer service hell. Years ago Kelley and I met on AOL, we just happened to stumble into some random 80's music chat room and spent the better part of 3 years yelling at, badgering and harrassing stupid people who showed up in the room. (BTW random MrsKelley fact - her AOL screenname was Camelsocks, WTF???) anyhoo, fast forward to 2005 when I moved up here from Florida. I now no longer need AOL so I call them to cancel my account - simple process right? request to terminate service, they close the account, we all go on with life right? Um Wrong!! I spent (no lie) nearly 35 minutes attempting to close my account. The CSR REFUSED to close my account, she told me I'd regret losing AOL, how I didn't understand what I was doing. It was like getting rid of a psychotic girlfriend, I thought I was dealing with Glen Close on the other end of the phone. I think she offered me adeal for $5 a month for 3 years if I stayed and the more I said no, the more insane she got. Finally I just let her know that she either cancels my account or I call my bank and have the automatic withdraw for AOL removed. It was at this point that she realized I wasn't kidding and she said  FINE!!! I'll cancel your account. Apparently, it's AOL's policy to not allow a CSR to cancel an account without a fight.  

EMT - Im not here to save your life, just to prolong your miserable existence.

Message was edited by: MisterKelley

sk127 Posts : 325 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

amazingly comcast has been good to me..and yesterday i called up because of the heavy rain and storms..i thought my cable modem was fried..turned out that the box outside took a hit..had another guy come out hte same day..i just hate paying the high price...but even if they had horrible service..there the only once where im at..charter doesnt provide here..and i dont want anything to do with dsl or dish..hate both..my mom has them..and it just sucks

live life to the fullest for the future is scarse

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine