Here's my dress but what kind of hair style? Please help!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

luvualways02 Posts : 308 Registered: 3/4/08
Here's my dress but what kind of hair style? Please help!!
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 11:13 AM

I have a headband that I want to put in my hair but I'm not sure how I should have my hair done. Oh and my hair is about the same length as the model's. Thanks for your help!!

wedding ticker

notjustaprettyf... Posts : 41 Registered: 6/9/08
Re: Here's my dress but what kind of hair style? Please help!!
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

I think if you wear your hair pretty much the same way as the model, it would look nice.  Just swap the headband for the tiara.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: notjustaprettyf...

oh i forgot to mention that my hair wont curl its straight as a board

wedding ticker

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

My hair is straight as a board too, especially when it's long. On top of that it's super fine, but my hairdresser assured me that we could get curls that won't be so hairsprayed that they're crunchy. lol  She said there was some great long-lasting, natural-feeling hairsprays that would do the job.  I haven't had my trial yet, but I'm not worried.  Ask a hairdresser in your area!

Another hint - my hairdresser again (she's awesome. lol) said that with strapless, she likes the look of at least some hair down and not all of it up.  so I'm doing more of a half and half thing.  

Good luck! 

When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

Your dress is beautiful and I'd say a headband will look really pretty. Are you WANTING curls? If so, I'd talk to whoever is doing your hair and if they think they can give you the look you're wanting then go for it. With a headband I'd say go for an all down look. Do you have a pic of your headband?

Mrs. Pinky

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

thanks for the advise ladies. i dont have a picture of my headband. its a simple zig zag rhinestone band.

my bestfriend got married three years ago and she wanted curls in my hair. so the girl made my entire length of hair into really really thight curls because i knew they would fall out by the wedding (8 hours later....seriously) she had to use an entire can of hairspray too. oh and my hair was half up half down with just a few curls coming down the back. yep so an entire can of hair spray on about five curls. well they pretty much made it through pictures and the wedding but the majority of it was already straight by the reception. i would love for my hair to look like the girl in the picture but i know that it wont stay for 10 hours. thats why i was asking for different ideas.

wedding ticker

dyminbride Posts : 87 Registered: 5/6/08
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

They could just leav it straight but make it have a lot of volume.  This wait it wouldn't just loose it's curl halfway through your day.  They are all kinds of things they can do with hair now a days.  Maybe try changing the texture of your hair bu adding some nice chunky highlights? This might make the curls stay in longer.  I would go get a trial run done at your styalists and see how long the curla will actually last for a day :)

Call me  MRS ROBINSON!!Kiss

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

Ok, I've found this webpage that is GREAT! This girl did tons of research and made a great collection for almost any kind of hairstyle, type, etc. When you go to the page, give it a minute or two for all the photos to load. Then browse away! I think you could really do anything you want with your hair and it would look great with your dress.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/brokenrascalgal/Wedding%2520Hair%2520and%2520Make%2520Up/HalfUpStraight4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/user/page.aspx%3Fusername%3DLaceysHairstyles&h=290&w=800&sz=147&hl=en&start=72&tbnid=c_RVEwCRv-2YmM:&tbnh=52&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbridal%2Bhair%2Bhalf%2Bup%2Bhalf%2Bdown%26start%3D60%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

thanks Linz. I will check it out as soon as I get home, because the website is blocked here at work. Cry

wedding ticker

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 4:13 AM Go to message in response to: luvualways02

Why not do an updo?  Here is a link to some pics, I especially think the one in the right column, 4th one down (the blonde) is especially beautiful, would work with your hair type, and would look fantastic with your dress!  You also wouldn't have a problem incorporating your headband into that and it would be REALLY comfortable all day!

http://www.atlantabridal.com/beauty/gallery.asp

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine