Online Users: 1,360 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:14 AM

Edited by: November22Bride on Nov 21, 2009 7:37 PM

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Iíve just been violated by a peeping-tom!!!!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Call the police and report it!!!

You are in your home and you should be able to walk around bare-ass and topless if you need/want to. It's not like this person was walking down the street and saw you, then kept going. This person was peeking in your window and it's illegal. 

384 116 16 252

RSVP Date September 18th

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I'd report it immediately. You don't know what lengths he'll go to get his rocks off. Better safe than sorry. You don't want this creep doing this to others. You didn't recognize him, huh?

There are SO many creeps out there. Scary.

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Dear Nov Bride,

"What should I do?"

Call the police.

They would know if other neighbors have reported the same thing, and the evidence at your house might help catch and convict the pervert.

LisaSummerBride2B Posts : 126 Registered: 8/10/08
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

That is TERRIBLE! REPORT THIS!

-Lisa-

Create a wedding ticker

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

This person was in their home looking out their window into your home?

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

Lori - sounds to me like the person was outside in the bushes below her window; not in his own home. Thats the impression I got anyway. Definately call the police and just let them know you spotted someone looking in your window and you dont feel safe. In addition to that - be very careful with open windows and doors, and maybe invest in an Alarm System of some kind especially if you are home alone a lot during the day. Scary I know.

Check out the Wedding Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 7 where TEAM KEL -LIZZA will remain Champions of Weightloss!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

lori - i think that's where i'm confused. Was he outside your window looking in, or was the person in another house, looking out their window?

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Re:
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

She said she saw a 'black shadow move in the window across the way'. She thought maybe it was a 'piece of furniture' and when she looked again it 'stepped back from the window'. 

It is scary either way - inside a home across the way or outside your window. I am just wondering how much can really be done if it's someone in their own home looking out. I know the laws in NY vary and it's something like they can be charged if you can show they are using a device to look but not if they are just looking with their eyes.

Edited to add - That's what I thought they would say. I would keep your clothes on or the blinds closed.

Message was edited by: lori83

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

ouch that sucks!

FH  and I saw this CSI rerun a few weeks ago - this guy started out as a peeping tom in the neighborhood but after months of just standing outside the windows and jacking off, he gradually got bolder and bolder, eventually breaking into one of them and raping the woman.

now granted it's tv, but it could happen! id call back today and request to speak to another officer or their supervisor and be sure to complain about the officer that was rude to you last night.

yeah you should have had a shirt on, but at the same, if he justhappened to look out his window and into yours and notice, it may have been inital shock at the situation which wouldn't have been as bad, but the fact that he kept looking is the issue.

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

Message was edited by: TheFutureMrsJ

Message was edited by: TheFutureMrsJ

africanbride Posts : 65 Registered: 7/15/08
Re: I’ve just been violated by a peeping-tom!!!!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

There really is no expectation of privacy in your case as the officer said. Sorry but that's a fact. It's up to you to keep yourself decent when you go into plain view.

Getting married 4th of April 2009.

To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: I’ve just been violated by a peeping-tom!!!!
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: africanbride

Sorry, but you're making an assumption about the guy being a "Peeping Tom." What would YOU do if you saw a guy walking around naked in his lighted room six feet away from YOUR window? It's one thing if the guy had his nose pressed up against the glass of your window--it's another if he's looking out his window and you're providing a show. Anyone see "Sex and the City"? Is Samantha a peeping Tom if her next door neighbor is banging his girfriends right in front of her windows, and she's fascinated? I don't think so.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

dewdropinn Posts : 156 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

So you saw a shadow in somebody else's house... are you completely certain the person was even looking at you? People do things that involve being by their windows all the time, and if he was looking at you wouldn't he have gone away when you got on the ground and out of view? If it was only a shadow you didn't make eye contact or actually see him watching you, which is a huge deal if you are accusing him of waiting there to peep on you.

You do realize you were standing topless outside his window, just as much as he was standing outside your window.  

I agree that it is creepy, but if you were standing there and just saw some naked person, it wouldn't be that strange just to look at them at first simply because there is a naked person standing there and it is strange.

" alt="" />

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

dear Nov22,

"And the officer was no help. His words were "there is no expectation of privacy with windows set up like yours are.""

The officer is right. If the guy was in his own house, then he should be able to look out his own window any time he likes, without worry about what you are doing in your house. It's up to you to pull your blinds down or close the curtains.

I got the impression, at first, that you saw someone outside your own window.

Sure, you are creeped out. I would be, too. Pull your blinds.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine