No one else to share with!

Online Users: 1,238 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

NMRSpinDoc Posts : 2 Registered: 8/5/08
No one else to share with!
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:07 PM

I am not engaged yet (some may argue I am). I know the ring is bought and he told me last night that I will see it "by this weekend". I was shocked and said, "So soon?" I didn't expect that he would go out and get the ring right away...sooo I am on pins and needles waiting for this weekend to come. I am so impatient. LOL

nestyn08 Posts : 156 Registered: 7/11/06
Re: No one else to share with!
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: NMRSpinDoc

Congrats!

I hope the moment is filled with all the joy and happiness you guys deserve. Is really nice that he told you, in my case I would prefer he would keep it for himself until the moment, now you're dying until the moment arrives.

Good luck and Congrats again 

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: nestyn08

Congrats and let us know how it happends!
Until I marry my Rockstar!

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: NMRSpinDoc

Congratulations!!!

"And there you go!!" Said the ULTIMATE old hag...

I'm fresh out of tickers.  Kiss

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: NMRSpinDoc

i so know how that is!

i knew he was buying it soon - he kept making sneaky trips into town to meet his mom for 'clothes shopping' but he never returned with any clothes. one day i noticed he stuffed something into his jacket pocket, so when he was asleep i sneaked a peak - it was a receipt for a ring to resize =). i let my mom know my findings and she slipped that he had a little talk with her and dad in previous weeks, lol...

he has no clue though, so no one tell him! he thinks for once my mom kept her mouth shut (she's horrible at keeping secrets! LOL) 

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

AvaElzbieta Posts : 7 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 12:50 AM Go to message in response to: NMRSpinDoc

Hey, congratulations to you! Maybe he won't be able to wait and he'll tear his jacket pocket out in eagerness to propose, haha. Anyway I can only imagine how giddy and impatient you must feel with all the anticipation, but please do share how everything went down!

DutchBride Posts : 118 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Aug 10, 2008 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: AvaElzbieta

My FH took my engagement ring with us on vacation to HHI.  He did not propose ALL week til family picture night and I was just bummed thinking it wasn't going to happen and he was tricking me...but then, bam!  I'm glad there are pictures 'cus it happens so fast.

I definitely understand your angst, but it is GOOD angst and you should be totally surprised even though you know he has the ring, just don't know when or how you will get it.   I am getting that feeling again in my tummy just thinking about it!

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & that the Eskimos has a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep & there are no words for that -Brian Andreas

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: NMRSpinDoc

Oh can I ever relate!  We started talking about it and looking at rings 13 months ago and have been talking about various wedding things since.  I consider ourselves to be "unofficially" engaged since I think you're engaged when you both decide to get married.

We are having a ring made and it's going to be done by this Friday at the latest but could very well be done already!

I'm trying not to think about it because I do want to be as surprised as I can be but it's soooo hard to wait!

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 5:03 AM Go to message in response to: TickledPeenk

Well, the weekend is officially over now... Can't wait for you to update and share the story!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine