NWR: people with annoying voicemail!

Online Users: 1,288 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

DEDudley709 Posts : 49 Registered: 5/13/08
Re: NWR: people with annoying voicemail!
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ, I definately agree with you on the computer VM greetings......ugh. I don't mind talking on the phone that much. I rather hear a voice than text or IM. IMs and texts are ok if it's to a friend or family, but other than that they seem very unprofessional to me. I guess it's my business writing class that got me to feel that way. E-mails are touchy too in a professional setting, they have to be written in a particular way. Foot in mouth I like them just fine, business writing just ruined me on texting though.
Marrying my best friend 7-25-09 Laughing

frankenberry Posts : 1 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

Has anyone seen this? It's about parents who annoying put their children on their voicemail. Hysterical.

http://bestparentever.com/2008/07/30/50-voicemail-brats/

PlayingMyCards Posts : 29 Registered: 8/2/08
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

I'm 2 months late jumping on this thread, but MAN do I agree with serendipity and Mandy!  I also HATE talking on the phone and would much rather text or e-mail.  Not for work, of course, but even work calls I find to be painful.  "Something about the phone and those awkward silences make me very uncomfortable."  Ding ding ding - that's me exactly!

Ok, but back to the original topic - I am not a fan of the "generic messages that spell out in detail what kind of message to leave - "Hi, you've reached _____.  I'm not available to take your call, but if you leave your first and last name, a phone number where you can be reached (b/c you might leave a # where you CAN'T be reached..?) and the best time of day to contact you, along with a brief message, I'll call you back as soon as possible.  Thanks for calling and have a great day."  Now, I do appreciate the wish to have a good day, HOWEVER usually these messages are being spoken in the sloooooowest speech possible, as if we don't understand English or have never left a VM before.  Mine just says, "Hey, it's Ashley, I can't take your call right now so leave a message and I'll call you back."  Done.

"It's not the hand that you're dealt, but how you're playing your cards."

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: PlayingMyCards

I will fourth the "I hate talking on the phone" bit.  I used to be one of those people who would sit and talk on the phone for hours just because, but now I avoid it if at all possible.  I hate awkward silences, and I, too, like to be able to think about my response before I send it.  I text, email, etc whenever possible.  I also won't answer to someone that I know is comfortable texting me (i.e. my brothers in law, my sister), because I hate talking.  If they call at a weird time if day, though, i always answer because I'm terrified something is wrong.

My voicemail simply says, "It's Juliann, I can't come to the phone, so leave me a message and I'll get back with you as soon as possible."  I hate voicemail.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Message was edited by: totobride

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: totobride

A friend of mine had this weird noise as his VM message (it almost sounded like a burp) for the longest time. Another played a really loud Metallica song for like a minute. 

Mine is really professional now because my cell is my only phone. 

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine