Not sure where to start!

Online Users: 1,317 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

PlayingMyCards Posts : 29 Registered: 8/2/08
Not sure where to start!
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 7:16 PM

Hey everyone, I posted this a couple days ago on the engagement forum but figured it might also belong here to introduce myself.  :)

I've been lurking on these boards for a couple weeks but just now signed up.  I've caught on to the fact that strange things are happening, old threads are reappearing, etc., so I wasn't sure where the best place would be to introduce myself, tell my story, and add to the conversation!  So, I started a new thread.  Hope that's okay!

I'm not engaged yet but I've been with my bf for 2 years and we've lived together for the past year (I think tomorrow will be one year exactly :) ).  I'm 26 and he's 27.  We've talked, extensively and in detail, about marriage and are heading in that direction; I'm just impatient for it all to happen!  I have one broken engagement in my past, which will probably come in up in conversation on these boards at some point, but that's another thread entirely...

So...here I am!  I love all things wedding-related and am excited to see what everyone is up to.  (Oh, and the story behind my user name is on my profile.  After I made it, I wondered if it was too "un-wedding" but oh well!) 

"It's not the hand that you're dealt, but how you're playing your cards."

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Not sure where to start!
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: PlayingMyCards

I said hi on the other one but I'll say Hi here again. hehe I didn't find you on the "engagement" boards, I just saw you when I clicked on "recent" posts. :) Welcome x2!
wedding ticker

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: PlayingMyCards

Well, welcome to the boards.  Glad you're not lurking anymore. 

Don't rush your official second engagement.  Men get stressed and freaked out really easily.  Plus, if he's planning to surprise you, you might find out on accident and ruin it for him.

Just enjoy being with him and listening to all of us complain about guest lists and the wedding party.  You'll be there soon enough. Laughing

PlayingMyCards Posts : 29 Registered: 8/2/08
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Thanks mushaboo.  I totally agree.  :)

"It's not the hand that you're dealt, but how you're playing your cards."

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: PlayingMyCards

Hey no prob.  I almost ruined my engagement 4 times that day.  I was in his car digging around when the ring was in the glove box.  FH had to grab it out of there and put it in his pocket.  Then I wanted to use his phone, so I reached in his pants pocket to grab it.  He jumped 10 ft in the air because the ring was in there.  I wanted to go somewhere different that evening when he had already planned our evening.  I also tend to be one who pouts if I don't want to do something.  He got so pissed at me that he almost didn't propose.  lol 

Trust me, it's better to be surprised anyways. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine