Wedding cake, one year later

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Wedding cake, one year later
Posted: Aug 6, 2008 11:16 PM

Did/Is anyone continuing this tradition??  I was dreading it because my parents were telling me about theirs.  It was a brick and they could not even cut into it.   But ours was actually pretty good.  It did not taste any different then the day we got married.  Anyone else??

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Re: Wedding cake, one year later
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

We saved our top tier, we took it off right after we did pictures of us cutting the cake and feeding each other.  My parents put it in their deep freeze the night of the wedding right after they got home from the reception and we took it out the day of our first anniversary and it thawed by that night and DH and I and my family all had a piece of it.  It tasted AMAZING!  So moist and so good just like the day of our wedding.  It was something that was a tradition we wanted to keep and we were glad we did cause it tasted awesome!

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 6:35 AM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

We didn't do this.  We took our top tier with us on our honeymoon and ate it together.
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 6:59 AM Go to message in response to: totobride

yeah... we don't even have that big a freezer, so we're skipping this one.  We'll just order a small version of what our wedding cake will be on our anniversary. 
wedding ticker

www.chrisandsarah2008.net

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

I forgot to add that as well, we will be ordering a smaller version of our cake, too, on our anniversary.  We'll just go back to the same place and order the same thing, except much much smaller
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: totobride

The bakery we got our cake from will make us a replacement of our top layer for $20 on our anniversary.  We are really excited because we didn't get to taste that layer and we heard it was yummy.  Only 6 1/2 weeks!!  I can't believe we've been married almost a year.

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2008 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

We save our top tier in my parents freezer.  I was so excited to taste it, but DH could have cared less about it....I ended up eating 3/4 of it & throwing the rest of it away.  DH had a taste of it....sigh...

The La Kickin' Loosers are gonna kick everyone out of our way of reaching the top prize, so watch out!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Oh good - I'm glad to hear that some people's cake tasted GOOD after a year in the freezer! We didn't plan on saving our top layer, but the venue saved it anyway and packed it up for us, so we brought it home. 

Ok, this is going to sound bad. We left it in the refrigerator for a week while we were on our honeymoon. When we got back, I was a little apprehensive about it, as I'm weird about eating ANY leftovers. I decided to brave the cake, though, and it was AWESOME after a week in the fridge. Well, DH didn't want any, so I decided to save half of the top layer for our anniversary. The whole thing would take up too much space for a year, anyway. So we'll see (though not for a while!) whether HALF a top tier of a cake does well in the freezer for a year.

At least, I THINK it's still in there. One of these days, I'm afraid I'm going to take it out and defrost it, thinking that it's a big hunk of meat or something! 

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I wrapped in in wax paper then plastic wrap then foil, put it in a labeled container.

The La Kickin' Loosers are gonna kick everyone out of our way of reaching the top prize, so watch out!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Mine was in 4 layers of plastic wrap, 4 layers of foil, then a paper bag, open end folded over and stapled shut.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Uh-oh! I didn't wrap ours that well. I think I wrapped it in a couple layers of syran wrap and a couple layers of foil. Oh well - no big deal to me if it doesn't taste good next year. I didn't even plan to save it in the first place!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

We weren't planning on doing it but our wedding cake has been in EH's Aunt's freezer since our wedding. Hasn't quite been 3 months yet so we might still be safe. If not, I might just have EH's cousin make us an anniversary cake on our 1 year or get a cookie cake for us b/c that's what EH wanted for a groomscake and never got one.

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Big discount. any detail please visite to, http://www.juliebridalshop.com/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine