Oh no! Getting my period the day before my wedding!!

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Re: Oh no! Getting my period the day before my wedding!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

I have a friend who swears that in the shower it's not gross at all and you can hardly tell the difference... I've never tried because it's still icky to me, but for my wedding night I think I'd make an exception! Luckily I'm on BC so I should be able to avoid the problem all together.

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

I know the feeling, when you know it is going to happen and you can't do a thing to stop it.  I woke up with it the morning of my wedding.  I was hoping it would be a day or two late, but no such luck.  I was on track when we started planning the wedding, then like 6 months before, I had one month that was off by a week, so threw everything off schedule.  And I can't take B/C because it gives me high blood pressure.  So we just went out for a drink with our friends after the reception since we don't get to see them very often and then crashed and didn't even miss the sex.  But then again, we have been together for many years and like Myra said, it was just another night. 

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

My period started right before my reception.  Yeah Not happy about that.  You just have to run with it.  You will have plenty of time on the honeymoon.

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

I'm not a big fan of having sex on my cycle, but I've done it...it can be a little messy.  I know this is strange but I once dated a guy who had a cousin who was a lesbian and they had some secret about getting your cycle to stop.  So maybe you can ask around.  I'm sorry, I don't remember what it was.  But whatever it was it didn't require medication.

Or you two can do some other "type" of sex...oral, anal, etc.

"And there you go!!" Said the ULTIMATE old hag...

I'm fresh out of tickers.  Kiss

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

Maybe talk to your gyn about aspirin. I have heard that it can cause your period to start earlier. I haven't tried the method myself though.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker Message was edited by: Renee86

Message was edited by: Renee86

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: Renee86

I had a destination wedding. My periods are VERY heavy so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have it while I was away. I wasn't due to get it until a week after we returned home... apparently my body had other plans! I got my period the first morning in the Dominican Republic. I was sooo bummed out about it. Not only was it a pain for the wedding day, but also for the entire vacation. That was the least of my problems though, since I also became very ill on the plane ride there. We had to postpone the wedding by a day because I had to go to the doctor's, and they had to put me on an I.V., give me steroid shots, and give me a breathing mask ( I had super bad bronchitis which was closing my airway and gave me a fever of 105!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the worst thing that happens is you get your period... you're in pretty good shape. Usually my husband doesn't like having sex when I'm menstruating, but he could have cared less the night of the wedding. We made the most of it anyway.

Good luck!

nevertoolate Posts : 17 Registered: 6/5/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Oh that's awful!!  

Your picture looks as if you recovered nicely!
Hopefully it WILL be the worst thing that happens, and in the big picture it's just a drop in the bucket.

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

Yes, make-up does wonders! I guess getting married would be enough to make anyone feel better. I remember saying to my husband, "can you tell I'm sick, I don't want to look bad in the pictures." He said, "you've never looked more beautiful!" He's so sweet.

Brookitacita Posts : 59 Registered: 12/4/06
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I'm with Myra. I didn't sleep all week before the wedding, and hardly at all the night before... thanks to my D*mn bridesmaids but anyways... We were SOOO exhausted by the time it was over and we didn't even have sex. We did have some "activities," but not actual intercourse. We were too exhausted. And we've had a lot of great sex since then so don't put too much pressure on yourself! Myra speaks the truth, it's just another night. It's the wedding itself you have pictures of, and great sex for the rest of your lives!

I also didn't have to go to the bathroom once I put on my wedding dress. I don't know how I managed that. I didn't go until I got to our hotel room and took off the dress. And a super tampon should last you quite a few hours, so if you change it RIGHT before you put on your dress you should be fine.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Aug 6, 2008 8:17 AM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

The morning after pill IS available over the counter now. But it has also changed a lot in the past few years. It now does NOT make you have your period. It simply kills off any sperm inside of you, and will not harm a fertilized egg. Plus, it's really just 3 or 4 birth control pills made into one pill. So I don't think if you're ttc that you'd really want to go that route....

That said, I feel really bad for you. I bloat SO MUCH the week of my period I don't even feel like I look like myself!! BUT, that's why we're getting married when we are. I went through my work calendar and drew lines through every week I'll be on my period. The weekend we wanted to get married fell on a weekend I'd be on my period :( SO, we moved it up a couple weeks (I was also keeping in mind the fact that I still have a pesky breakout the week before!! ugh!) Everyone thought I was crazy for doing it that way, but at least it saved me from having to deal with either problem!

Most brides I know who were supposed to have their period the week of their weddings didn't end up getting it until the week after due to stress. Unless they were on pills, which kept them regular.... So, since you're not on pills, HOPEFULLY the period will just hold off a few days!! :)

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

Simplistic Posts : 7 Registered: 2/7/09
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: nevertoolate

Easy.

Get the "keeper". Its like a diaphragm, but it collects the blood for up to like a day or two I think. It will also prevent some awkward tampon exchanges mid party. From my understanding you can have sex with it in too.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine