How did you choose your username?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Re: How did you choose your username?
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Well, it has a couple of meanings. 

1.  My mom's side of the family is half Canadian so I've grew up loving Canada since a young age.  Nova Scotia has a community named Mushaboom after Mushaboom Harbour.  The singer Feist stole my thunder when she came out with a song named Mushaboom.
2.  FH and I call each other Boo or BooBear.  He always tells me I'm a hard ass sarcastic bitch on the outside who's full of pure mush and fluff love on the inside.  So Mush turned into Mushaboo.  We're strange people.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

MrsLinnBen...Mrs (since I'm married) Linda is my first name n(and) Ben is DH name.....nice & simple.

The La Kickin' Loosers are gonna kick everyone out of our way of reaching the top prize, so watch out!

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I am a 2x graduate of St. John's University, and I also work there. FH is also a graduate and we started dating in college, and we are pretty active alumni. Our sports teams are the St. John's Red Storm.

And there you go.

"Where you are is where I belong...I do know where you go is where I want to be." - DMB

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

So, my first name was meaganpw98...which is what I use on EVERYTHING.  It's my name, middle and last initial and the year I graduated from High School.

BoysMissLady...My mother and I refer to my BF as "boy" and he calls me "Miss Lady."  (It's even in his cell phone)  So, he's my "boy" and I'm his Miss Lady...and there you go!

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

The thread that got me to start participating in Brides and stop lurking was the Overweight But Inspired thread over in fitness. Since my goal, starting January 1, was and is to lose weight before my wedding, I was hoping I might become a "Brand New Amy" by the time it's all done.

AmySquared...two November brides "on a mission from Gad"! 

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

Please tell me I'm not the only one who says "And there you go!" with the accent of the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"? You know how he always says "You know, the root of the word Miller is a Greek word. Miller come from the Greek word milo, which is mean apple, so there you go." and "Ha! Of course! Kimono is come from the Greek word himona, is mean winter. So, what do you wear in the wintertime to stay warm? A robe. You see: robe, kimono. There you go!"

Ok, I'm weird lol

"Where you are is where I belong...I do know where you go is where I want to be." - DMB

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

lol!  You are, but it's ok.  I think it takes some level of weirdness to stick around this place...and there you go!  :-)

Message was edited by: BoysMissLady

Angele Posts : 76 Registered: 8/15/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

I'm soooo creative. My handle is also my middle name.

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Yep, mine is very obvious too.  I got married in the Caribbean in 2008, so CaribbeanBride08.  I wish I would've thought up something more creative.  I too didn't think I'd stick around long, otherwise, I would've put something more personal to me but oh well. 

So that's my story, and there you go!!  :)

Slideshow of our wedding photos:  http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view&current=cb216606.pbr

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

Redstorm that is EXACTLY what i was thinking reading this posts.

Kimona, kimona....and there you go

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

MissMac Posts : 142 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

right now I'm not married and kinda young so I'm still a miss and his last name starts with a Mc which is pronounced like a Mac so I'm MissMac

True Love is gift from God

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: RedStormGirl

As soon as I saw "And there you go..." I said "ooooo movie reference" so you are not the only one.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I thought I'd be on for 2 questions and be done so I made it simple and generic. I got married on the beach, beachwed.  I keep it because I do like helping with the destination wedding threads, and I think from my username that it's obvious it was a destination wedding. 

And there you go. 

Tongue out

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

Pretty simple for mine Bridesrocks...I'm a bride and my FH plays in a Rock band...it was suppose to be briderocks but oh well it's all good!
Until I marry my Rockstar!
Message was edited by: bridesrocks

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

Mine doesn't have any special meaning.  Noviesita = "little bride" in Spanish.  It's just the first thing that came to my head.

Mrs. D, I also thought that was your real last name! LOL!  The funny thing is I also have a pseudo name.  From time to time I'm known as " Ms. Fifi Duboison".  I took French 1yr. in HS and became fascinated with it.  Since then I'm always trying to speak it (poorly I might add).  So, my sister gave me the name "Fifi" then I met a very nice French lady with that last name and I adopted it.  Yeah, you guys can just call me: "Crazy wanna be French Lady" LOL!.....

//www.TickerFactory.com/"> 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine