Questions Re: Thank You Cards

Online Users: 1,354 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Re: Questions Re: Thank You Cards
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

We usually don't stay; we live about 45 minutes away in Nashua, right off the highway. 'The Sticks' is AMAZING, isn't it? 'The Blues' is good; FH and I have stopped there once or twice, but we usually go to 'The Old Salt' which is right over the NH line. Food there is FANTASTIC!

And I LOVE York's Animal Kingdom! I remember going there when I was a little girl, and riding the elephant. You picked a good week to be there; it wasn't nearly as hot there as it was down here, and FH and I practically passed out at a cookout because we weren't properly hydrated.

Is the hotel the one that you can clearly see when you're driving onto long sands?

Oh! And did you go to the Nubble Lighthouse?

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Lorilee

Hello!

Yeah-at the Sticks we got baked stuffed lobster. Yum! We haven't heard of The Old Salt, but, uh, hey-now we'll just HAVE to go..

DH says that if you haven't been to the Animal Kingdom since you were little, it's dramatically changed. He says they treat their animals a LOT better than they used to and the park is much nicer.

He he-the weather was good and bad but it didn't matter-we were on our honeymoon.. 

Oh the Nubble Lighthouse...when we were there last week it was dark and overcast so we really didn't get a good look! (I fantasize about the beautiful homes when we pass them in that area!)

We drank coffee the whole week and set up a coffee pot in our hotel room and bought Nubble coffee cups-they're cool.

We were on Short Sands right across from the beach and the little lighthouse in the parking lot.

It takes us about an hour from here but it's so worth the drive!

Linda Jo and Dean July 19, 2008

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine/

Brookitacita Posts : 59 Registered: 12/4/06
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 4:33 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Linda Jo, I think I confused you when I said custom-designed. I did not customize them for each person like you are thinking. I just mean that I did not buy invitations online or from a store or any other kind of pre-made template. I composed the image, designed it all myself, and had the invitations custom-made. So all my thank you's are the same and it's just the message that will be personalized. I think it would be WAY too much work to customize it for everyone (in my opinion). Perhaps you could have the same card for everyone, and of course write a unique message, and insert a customized wedding photo for your VIPs? I put a copy of the same picture in each of mine, but to make it more personal you could send your grandma a picture of you dancing with her, and send your mom a picture of you two getting ready together, etc. And then for the people you don't know as well, you could have a "standard" that you put in everyone else's. That wouldn't be quite as time consuming and would add a nice personal touch. Something to think about. I'm not sure how many people you need to send them to, but honestly I don't think most of them would truly appreciate the work you put into customizing each one and would probably be equally happy with getting the same one as everyone else. So if you really want to go that route, I would seriously consider only picking an elite group to do that for -- such as the in-laws, your family, and the wedding party (for example) -- rather than everyone. Like that person your DH hardly knows from work but got invited out of obligation... does he really need that much thought put into his thank you? Probably not. He's happy to get a note and that's all you need.

As far as the checks, it really depends on each giver. Most people probably won't think it's a big deal and will be happy just to receive a thank you. There might be one or two that thinks it's rude but they'll get over it. Always better late than never. Since you've already deposited them, I would definitely send those people's thank you's out as soon as possible and make them first priority.

Aunt, you have a point and there probably are a couple people that think I'm being rude. But I'm not going to obsess about them, because clearly they aren't the people that are important to me anyways. If my mom has a couple of friends who have nothing better to do than judge me for sending their thank you note within two months of the wedding, then I will get over that and honestly I think they are the rude ones. I do think it's rude not to send a thank you at all, but within two months is more than acceptable as far as I'm concerned. In general, I've realized that guests can be very rude in many ways.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine