November 2008 Brides

Online Users: 1,347 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 290

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Re: November 2008 Brides
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey how was your weekend? Did anyone get any wedding stuff done? I didn't I wanted to work on my invitations but FH didn’t get the box of paper down from the top of the closet till late Sunday and I had to start my homework, I guess I’ll have to work on them during the week.  

Anyways, I haven’t been sleeping well the last few weeks. A few weeks ago I was getting ready for bed and I had taken my ring off and set in on the bed next to me to put lotion on my hands and I forgot about it. So that night I woke up at about 2 in the morning franticly searching for my ring. FH found it under the bed. But now every night since I have been waking up multiple times a night thinking that my ring has some how fallen off my finger and is missing. This is really getting annoying and its not getting better, its getting more frequent... it really sucks.

JUST ONE MORE CLASS TO GO!!!

hotforteacher Posts : 39 Registered: 4/7/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Oh Nov22, I'm sorry that the dreams have started hitting you. I think ring panic is common and I would be going through the same thing if I had had a close call like you did.  I didn't wear my ring all day yesterday because I was doing heavy duty cleaning and I panicked several times at its absence.

I didn't get any wedding planning done this weekend. I was busy trying to get my house ready to go on the market (hence the heavy duty cleaning). But my BMs are sending out invitations to my shower this week (how exciting) and my wedding invitations should be in this week or next.

On an exciting note for me: I was registering/making reservation for some travel I have to do for work in December today and I had to everything in my new last name because I'll be married then. It was very exciting for me.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

So I think the dreams have finally stopped the last two night have been dream free. Thank god they were really taking a toll on me.

hotforteacher- how exciting when’s your shower? We haven’t even started thinking about that yet.

O and YYYAAAAA!!!! I finally hit the 4 month mark... time is really flying, but still not fast enough.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 8:55 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I'm glad your dreams have stopped Nov22. I haven't had a dream since last week myself.

My invitations are in and I'm picking them up today. I can't wait to see them. And I really can't wait to give them to my mom so she can address them (she has pretty handwriting, mine is chicken scratch). I'm sending them out September 2 with a respond date of 10/10. I have to print out direction cards this weekend to include in them.

I'm having one shower on September 14 and the date on the other one is undecided right now.

105 days to go!

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Hi ladies.  I had a nightmare a few weeks ago where I walked all the way down the aisle, only to discover that I was re-marrying my ex!  GACK! 

Wow, things are seriously beginning to happen now.  I sent off a list of invitees for a shower, we met with our on-site wedding coordinator and worked out a lot of details, we bought our rings last weekend, and I've started doing some of the fun DOIY projects I've been waiting and waiting to do:  RB pillow, FG basket, table numbers, favors, etc.  We've also picked out our cake, which is freakin' gorgeous.

And...we have our tasting on Sunday!  Looking forward to that.

All of the hotel stuff is done and we're still bugging certain people about getting their tickets while flights are still relatively cheap.  And I've finally lined up every single person who might possibly be involved in the wedding, from the ushers, to the readers, to the master of ceremonies.  Whew.  Our next big projects will be to decide on locations for the welcome dinner, rehearsal luncheon, and Sunday brunch (we're getting married on a Sunday).

I've only had one eensy wedding crisis, and hopefully it will become a non-issue, but my dress, which I ordered timely on June 23, may not get here until the end of October.  I ordered a "short" length because I'm 5'1" and it's a hard style to shorten, and was told it would take 12 weeks.  Two weeks later, they called to say that they had an "average" length in stock, but to make a short would now be 14 weeks!  So that delay just added four weeks to my timeline.

I decided not to stress about it.  If it comes in, great.  If it doesn't, well, I'll just buy a short white dress and have done with it.  Hell, I could even make a white dress if necessary.  I'm far more vain about my hair, lol, and finally found my hairstyle.

So things are coming together!  This weekend I'm updating our web site, doing more DOIY projects, and the tasting. I get to start making invitations in August.  I've been dreaming of my invitations for over a year now. ;-)

Hope everyone's doing well.  What's still on your list of things to do?

Amy

AmySquared...two November brides "on a mission from Gad"! 

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

First off happy Friday!!!! This was been a very long week. 

Saturday I’m going to see the BM dress got the 3rd time. I really how it’s right, I’m to the point where if its not even sort of closes I’m just going to tell them forget it and look elsewhere. Sunday I’m hoping to work in my invitations if I don’t have too much homework.  

Amy- remarrying the ex… yicks… that’s a double whammy of a nightmare. Lol. At least it was just a dream. My dress should be in at the end of august but I haven’t heard from the shop since I ordered it, but with my luck I’m sure it will be late also. but I’m sure the dress will be in in time for the wedding. cant they have it rushed?

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 11:01 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey ladies,

I hope everyone had a productive weekend. Or at least a relaxing one. We went to look at wedding bands on Saturday and found some we really like. We're going to look around a little more before making a final decision.

The big check mark for this weekend was gettting my invitations. I can't post pics here but you can see them in my planning bio link below. Now I am getting everything together for them so I can send them off to my mom for addressing.

Nov22- any luck with the BM dress?

http://tinyurl.com/565zgq 

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

mscindy813 Posts : 102 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: hotforteacher

Hi Ladies!  Glad to hear that everyone's making great progress!  FH and I put all of our favors together on Sunday.  It was nice.. we were like a little assembly line, but it's something I didn't want to do like 2 weeks before the wedding, so at least they're done!  My gown should hopefully be in next week and by MOH's gown has already been in.  We're meeting with our pastor again tonight for ceremony/marriage discussions and on Sunday, we have a menu tasting and next Saturday, we have an appointment with our venue coordinator to select the menu and all of the other fun reception stuff.  I figure on sending out the invites after Labor Day.  Enjoy the rest of the week!

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

no the dress shop called me Friday night to tell me that it wasn’t really and they will have it done by the 8th... I’m wondering if they did it wrong again and decided to call me and tell me it wasn't ready. If this dress isn’t right after giving them any extra 2 weeks I think I’m going to need to find a new place and I don’t thing I have time to order dresses anymore. I just really hope its right or I would even settle for close.  

Anyways, my e- pics are on the 11th I can’t wait, I’ve bought new jeans and a top, I still need to find shoes (going this weekend). I also really need to get busy on my invites, I’m so behind on that, I’m going to try to work on them Saturday, we'll see how that goes.  

Hotfor- i just looked at your bio, you look so pretty in your dress, that a really good style for you.

Mscindy- how exciting about your dress, take pics when you get it… (mine should be in at the end of the month). that’s so good that you got the favors out of the way… what are you doing for your favors?

mscindy813 Posts : 102 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Nov22:  I hope everything works out with the dresses!  That's definitely not a stress to be dealing with now.  Our favors are coffee pictured below (if the picture came through)

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: mscindy813

MsCindy, those are so cute "the perfect blend"...

So last night I met with a dance instructor to find out about lessons for our first dance. I really liked, him he seemed to really know what he was going, but then he told me his fee was $50 hr... That way out of my price. So he introduced me to his other instructors (they would be $35 a hr), they were all very nice, but they were younger then me, they all looked like they where in high school. So I went home and called around I can only find one other person that does private lesson, she sounded like she was in her 90's (but she was only $25 hr) it took her 6 tries to spell my name right... A-N-G-E-L-I-C-A. So it looks like my options are a 90 old lady that spent 10 minuets telling me how impotent her garden was to her or children.

Anyways, this weekend I am determined to work on my invitations on Saturday. On Sunday I have to write a 2000 word paper... yuck. I also need to go shoe shopping some time this weekend, I still haven’t found shoes to for my e-pic.

jennyinnc Posts : 21 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

I like the coffee favors, too!  Very nice.

Nov22, when you say e-pics do you mean engagement pics?  We got those done before the save the dates so I was confused but I finally realized I think that's what you mean.  Also there is the bridal portrait, are you getting that?  I am actually not having that done.

Well my wedding dress came in about 5 days ago!  I am going to try to go get it tonight.  Also I am doing a bridal preview (makeup and hair) this afternoon.  Also our invitations just got done!!  But it's going to take awhile to get them printed, cut, folded and mailed.  I LOVE how they turned out though!

The other huge thing for us is we are trying to buy a house today!!  We put in an offer yesterday and now we are going back and forth with the sellers.  What a strange world of real estate :)  I was pretty adamant I didn't want the house stress during the wedding stress but it's just how it's all working out and I'm really excited. 

As far as the wedding, the only other thing recently is I've been working with my friend on the flower girl dress!  Her 18 mo daughter is going to be it. lol She is sooooooo cute (but so young). I think her mom will have to help her down the aisle. She will have the same color sash as the bridesmaids. I'm so excited. 

GOSH 3 MONTHS!! THIS IS GETTIN CRAZY!! :) I can't believe today is August!!! 

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: jennyinnc

Sorry I do mean engagement pics... we didn’t do them soon because I wasn’t sending out save the dates. And no I’m not going to do bridal pics either. Are you going to have your FG drop flowers or carry one off those flower ball things (I don’t know what they are called)? My RB well only be 18 months also.

Is anyone else taking dance lesons?

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey everyone, I finally started my invitations, and I got a lot of the cutting out of the way and I asked a BM to help me with the rest of the cutting and assembling next weekend, then I just got to start printing them.

So Sunday I went shoe shopping with my friend/florist/FW to my FH's x-bestfriend (lol). And found a pair of shoe (thank goodness) for the pic next Monday. It was so nice to go out and have some girl time.

how was everyones weekend?

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Hey ladies,,

It's been an exciting week wedding-wise. MY DRESS CAME IN!! So exciting to actually see it in the color I ordered and try it on. I love it. Stupidly I forgot to take my camera  so I don't have pics. I'm going for my first fitting in early September. I'll be hitting the gym a lot between now and then.

What else- my mom has my invitations and is addressing them this month. They go out September 2. The invitations for my local shower were sent last weekend and the date for my hometown shower and b party were finalized.  I was at the beach last weekend so I didn't get much done.

This week/weekend I need to plan the rehearsal dinner, find a videographer and figure out what I want for centerpieces.

How is everyone else? My wedding is 3 months from today. I am starting to freak out about getting everything done. 

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine