How Did You Choose your Tiara

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

silvercamaro77 Posts : 6 Registered: 12/19/07
How Did You Choose your Tiara
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 10:46 AM

Did you find it in a small shop, e-bay, large shop (ie David's Bridal type place)? 

How did you know that it was the right one for you, especially those of you that bought it on e-bay?  I'm terrified that if I buy on on-line that I won't like the way it looks when I try it on, especially since I'm a petite person (5'3, 110 lbs);  I don't want it to take over my head. lol

I've only found one in a store that I like (it was style 9669 at David's Bridal, but I haven't acclimated myself to paying $150 for one and I haven't found it online anywhere).

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Re: How Did You Choose your Tiara
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

I found mine in a small shop when I went to New Orleans.  Admittedly the first time I saw it I was drunk, so I went back when I was sober and purchased two tiaras because I loved the first one, but there was another one that I loved too.  I couldn't decide which one, so I bought them both for half of what one at David's costs.  Plus, whichever one I decide not to wear I can always sell.
http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

I bought mine on ebay, it was like $22 with shipping and its very sparkly, i also got a matching necklace and earring set that coordinates with the tiara perfectly. the tiara is only 1 1/2 inches high. Good luck!

HeatherJoel Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

I chose 3 that I loved and I had FH pick the one he liked the most and purchased it off of ebay. $25.00 including s&h-can't beat it! It wound up being perfect!

"

www.weddingchannel.com/hbeyerandjmcconnell

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: HeatherJoel

I would even look at Claire's or those types of jewelry stores in the mall. They may be cheap, but really, how often are you going to wear a tiara after your wedding day?

You know it's the right tiara like you know it's the right dress. You get a feeling you can't ignore. If all else fails, and you don't get a feeling, pick what goes with the rest of your wedding jewelry.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

chamsi Posts : 3 Registered: 1/2/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

If you're worried about size, decide what height you like by trying them on in person (like at David's Bridal), then get one that height on ebay.  If you can't decide between two styles, just buy both and give one to your flower girl - still way cheaper than getting one from a bridal shop.  

rqz7 Posts : 27 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

I bought mine on ebay too.  I found one at David's Bridal first and looked for a similar style.  Most of the ebay sellers have heights and lengths listed, and if not you can usually request more information.  Many also have some kind of return policy, although you lose shipping costs.  I've also seen them at Walmart and Joann Fabrics.

I'm about your size and mine is around 1.25" high in the center and 8" or so around.  I paid about $30 for it including shipping.

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

E-bay seems to be a popular source for cheap and pretty tiaras.  For my engagement ceremony, I bought two tiaras from a power seller on E-bay.  For my wedding, I purchased my small tiara from a reputable bridal salon.  What I've come to discover is that smaller bridal boutiques usually have good deals on wedding accessories.  You can also try advantagebridal.com.  I looked at the website for ideas and prices and they sell designer accessories cheaper than what you would pay at bridal shops.  Good luck with your tiara shopping.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

You are all right.  I was thinking about it way too hard. lol  Thanks for giving me some practibility back.

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 11:31 PM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

I bought one off ebay...and b/c it had green in it, i got another one b/c i changed my colors..so i bought another one for less off ebay..i wouldnt do anything bigger than a 1" height. Anything more and you'll end up looking like part of the royal family. unless thats the look ur going for
Future Mrs. TLC

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

I'm 5'0 on the dot. I weigh 98 lbs. I bought my tiara off ebay. It's 1.5 in tall. It does not look like I'm trying to be a part of the royal family. With my hair up and with my dress on, it looks gorgeous. I chose mine because it had 3 hearts on it. And I kind of took that as one for me, one for FH, and one for my future step daughter, :) Plus, fh loved that one. He didn't care for the others I sort of liked. I was nervous at first, ordering off EBay. But i figured, it's only 20 bucks, if I don't like it it's not that big of a waste. It came in, and was even prettier than what the pictures showed. Good luck on finding your perfect tiara! And don't let anyone tell you that it's too big or that tiara's seem "forced." Many people have complained about hearing those things, and I've heard that tiaras look "forced" too, but oh well!! Let us know what you choose!!!! :)
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

when i tried on my dress the "tiara" was one that dress lady put on my head. the whole set - necklace, earrings and tiara - cost $150.00 and i didn't want to pay that so i searched for a similar one on EBay. My jewelry was made by a family friend which also looked similar but she added her own touches to it. EBay is the way to go!

Kimi09 Posts : 30 Registered: 2/28/08
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: silvercamaro77

I have come across a website called princessbridetiaras.com.  They have great looking stuff! And it's cheap!  They have a few designer tiaras that get pretty expensive, but their regular selection of tiaras are mostly under $100.00.  They also have jewelry and veils to purchase.  Great site. Check it out.

Good Luck and Congratulations.

Future Mrs. Gibbons

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: Kimi09

I still haven't chosen one yet, but I'm going for a hair trial today, so I think that will inspire me.  I think I'm definitly going to suck it up and go the e-bay route.  Like everyone on here has said, you really can't wrong because they are so inexpensive.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine