How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 57

lilsunshyne Posts : 5 Registered: 1/3/08
Re: How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

We're definitely splurging! We spent about $7600 on air and hotel so far. We'll be spending 10 days in French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea). We figured that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity because it will be so easy to get caught up with the craziness of everyday life. It has always been a dream for both of us to stay in one of those overwater bungalows, and we're just excited to be able to do it. We're also paying for it ourselves.   

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Our honeymoon is going to cost about $3500 for airfare, hotel and a rental car. We're going to Maui for 7 days/6 nights. And we'll probably take about a $1000 in spending money

Formerly San Ramon Bride

The Big Day: 9/20/08

hulabride08 Posts : 270 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

We are paying for it ourselves, and decided to splurge!  We're going to the all-inclusive Sandals Grande St. Lucian for one week and I can't wait...it will cost us about $5000 total, but it's worth it!

Can't wait til my Honey Pot is my Husband!!!

TheWrightStuff Posts : 21 Registered: 1/3/08
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Our honeymoon cost is not included in our wedding budget (08/08/08).  We have decided to take "his" and "her" honeymoons of 2 weeks each.  (Yes, we will be together on both of them; we are not taking seperate honeymoons!) 

Of course, he chose the "his" honeymoon destination, which will be a 7-day Caribbean cruise in August.  It leaves from and returns to Tampa (Cayman, Belize, Honduras and Mexico).  Immediately after the cruise we will spend 3 days in Orlando and then 3 days in Las Vegas at Marriott's Grand Chateau.  That will be about $3,500. 

I chose the "her" honeymoon which we will take in December.  It will be a 14 day African cruise (Kenya, Seychelles, Maruitius and Madagascar).  That will be about $10,000.  Based on conversations I have had at work, we are hoping my bosses will take care of the airfare for this one, which will save us a few thousand dollars.

[url=http://www.tickercentral.com]imghttp://www.tickercentral.com/view/9b4z/2.png[/img][/url]

Message was edited by: TheWrightStuff

Staci313 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

Hi! We are looking into the Sandals Regency resort in St. Lucia for our honeymoon next March...can you share more details? We've never been to the islands before, so we don't know where to start. Were you happy with the Regency? Any advice? 

MissyF Posts : 275 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

We went to Capri and Sorrento, Italy on our honeymoon, for 9 days including travel days. Our original budget was $3000, but we had to raise it to $3500 to accommodate the falling dollar. Since we got more moolah in wedding gifts than we'd anticipated, we were able to relax the budget a bit more on our trip, and the final budget came to $4000. We paid for this ourselves, so it was NOT part of the total wedding budget (which my parents graciously paid for).

We sort of balanced our trip with relaxation time and activities: DH and I played it by ear, deciding what to do and when based on weather and what kind of mood we were in. For instance, we always planned to visit Pompeii one day and the Amalfi Coast another, but we didn't plan exactly what days to do those so that we had the option to be flexible. This worked out great for us, as we were able to do a lot and take it easy at the same time. DH and I are the exploring type, anyhow: we're pretty content just strolling through the streets of whatever town we happen to find ourselves in.

The best budget-conscious decision we made was to stay in Bed and Breakfasts instead of resorts or luxury hotels. The service is superb and the authentic experience unmatched: we loved everything about the places we stayed. For the curious, we stayed at Il Tramonto B&B in Anacapri, and Hotel Angelina in Sorrento.

We highly recommend these locations to anyone seeking a unique European honeymoon! 

Woman to my man. Slave to my budget.

FutureMrsMcKay Posts : 4 Registered: 4/30/08
Posted: May 11, 2008 11:57 PM Go to message in response to: MissyF

My future in-laws are paying for our entire honeymoon.  We are spending a week in Tahiti (more specifically Bora Bora).  We are staying in one of those overwater bungalows (so excited).  The only meal that is provided is breakfast daily, and we are on our own with the others.  Including our airline tickets and the resort,our honeymoon is costing my in-laws about $11,000.  We are so excited and can't wait.  Only 40 days to go!!!

Message was edited by: FutureMrsMcKay

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 12, 2008 1:42 AM Go to message in response to: TheWrightStuff

My parents are taking care of the wedding, i.e. honeymoon is not included.  We decided we wanted to go somewhere, but NOT break the bank.  We probably still did more then some, but we have it and will not break the bank.

we are headed to Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  we are staying at an all inclusive with unlimited tours to the Mayan ruins, exchanges with the sister resort in Cozumel, etc.  

we are very happy with this.  Even with today's prices, our all inclusive is at 3K.  

works for us. 

Posted: May 20, 2008 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

For Christmas my parents gave FH and me a $700 gift certificate to a travel agent - we are using that for our honeymoon, plus addng $700 of our own to have a 5 night/6 day trip to Las Vegas.  We included the extra $700 in our wedding budget.  For spending money, we're going to use our IRS Economic Stimulus checks! 

I'm surprised to see that some people have spent more on their honeymoon than I spent on the ENTIRE wedding (including honeymoon, rings, everything).  Wow!

Valerie

Wedding Date:  September 27, 2008

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

we used our stimulus checks to cover our booking fees.

we're going to Vegas, as neither of us have been there before and would love to go.

We booked on Expedia, leaving the Monday morning after our wedding, and returning late Saturday evening. There's a few shows we're planning on seeing and we also got tickets for Madame Toussou's Romance package (with gondolas!) and a trip to check out the Hoover Dam.

We don't have a lot of money, being recent college grads, so spending a little over $1k is all we could afford, however we plan on taking some of our gift money to cover the expenses for shows and such. 

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

supergeekgirl Posts : 130 Registered: 6/10/06
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 8:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

EVERYONE is spending more on their honeymoons than we spent on our wedding.  I won't get on my soapbox about how expensive weddings are, but I will say that we're not spending much on our honeymoon... and not because we don't want to spend much.  If we had it our way, we'd be in Colorado or Florida, but we barely got the wedding paid for and survived (a mere $500 or so of our own money).  If we spend much on a honeymoon (and take all that time off work to boot), we won't be able to visit our families at all this year.  We have to work out our priorities, and our major priority in life is never to have a credit card debt.  We've talked that over and both agree that we will skimp on just about everything to avoid credit card debt.  It's ruined both of our families multiple times.

That being said, we're taking an "educational" honeymoon to Hannibal, Missouri.  We're staying in a beautiful and highly recommended B&B that's costing us $130 a night.  We'll be staying in the turret room of a Victorian mansion.  We'll only stay two nights because that's all we can afford, but we'll be splurging a little on food.  We're also going on a riverboat cruise and enjoying the caves.

At some point, we'll go on a better vacation together, but this is all we can do right now.  In all, we'll be spending about $500.  That doesn't beat the $200 one on here, but hyper-inflation since the 1970s quite possibly makes it about the same. 

True geek love...  8-)(-8

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6736 is just $339.99.

Uberoom1 Posts : 26 Registered: 12/10/12
Posted: Jan 7, 2013 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

My honeymoon was not included on my budget! I spended 2 weeks out of my work.
But like most events in life, careful planning will help you stretch your dollars to accommodate what you and your spouse most want to do on your honeymoon while avoiding the extra charges that can quickly suck up your cash. Start with an idea of how much you want to spend, because without a budget or some type of spending limit, costs can escalate quickly. To add romanticism to your honeymoon you can decorate a romantic room. Good luck and enjoy!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine