Tan lines

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 21

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Re: Tan lines
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

I went back and read other posts, and second what OPs said about not doing it the day before your wedding. I did mine two days before and I was still a lot darker than what looked natural on me. It wasn't really bad, it just surprises me every time I look at the pictures.

Also keep in mind you need to be really careful about what you use to wash, I think you're supposed to use soap-free body wash, so you don't mess up the tan before the big day.

And one other thing, once it started coming off, it peeled and looked gross, so I just had to scrub it all off at once.

Ask me how you can train for an endurance event and help cure blood cancers! http://www.teamintraining.org/

Even though my first half marathon is done, I'm still training. Follow me on my journey: www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

LOL I forgot about the mess it was when it started to come off. I looked like I had some sort of skin disease when it stared to come off! I freaked! Then I realized it was just the spray tan coming off! haha and I scrubbed with the soap that exfoliates in the shower for EVER to get it all off. it kinda hurt lol But I'm not saying don't do it!!!! It worked!!!
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Thanks ladies for the additional info. Not my thread but I am sure learning alot.  The things we will do for beauty!

autumnc19SoInLove Posts : 6 Registered: 9/5/06
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: Tedsgirl

I had the same problem with a farmer's tan three weeks before my wedding. I still think you have plenty of time. I would suggest tanning in the tanning bed until they have all but diminished. Then, (if you want to be dark) keep on tanning until they are gone. Or, if you want to be light, stop tanning once the lines have faded. I also wore strapless dresses and shirts (same goes for bikinis) every single day before my wedding. I know some people have good luck with spray tans, but I've had some experience with them and my advice is not to risk that on your special day. Good luck and I'm sure you will be beautiful!Smile

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

LOL we've been trying that, only thing is, FH and I usually only go out driving together on Sundays and Friday/Saturday nights for dinner, as we both work during the week... so it's not really working too well! ><

im half tempted to buy a lawn chair and sit out in front of our complex with a towel over my leftside for a little bit, cept our complex is mostly old people so iono how they'd react to a 20-something in a bikini or tube top... LOL 

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

who cares what they think? You  need your other side tanned, tan it!!! hahahahahaha :)
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

I agree. Just face the side with the towel on it towards them and they won't have anything to look at! Hey why not start with whatever method is free! Weddings are expensive enough.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine