The one thing that makes your wedding stand out..?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: The one thing that makes your wedding stand out..?
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 8:46 AM Go to message in response to: CapeCodBride08

Just wanted to say to Tweatie that I LOVE the idea of going back and forth line by line for the vows. DH and I wrote our vows too and it was AWESOME ... but I never thought to do them that way.

And CapeCod, I loooove all of your beach ideas. I think they are extremely creative and I can picture everything youre saying. The parking permit, the lobster lollipops, all of it. Very nice! (I also really love Cape Cod, so I might be a bit biast.)

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

A few things that made our wedding special:

-my Belle look :-)  paired with the roses and the ice sculpture of the rose under the dome made for a subtle Beauty and the Beast look.
-I wrote a song (words and melody) and my dad wrote the accompaniment.  We did it during the ceremony.
-We wanted to dance to Beauty and the Beast (tale as old as time) for the first dance, but didnt want to use the original version; so we asked a BM to sing it.  She was INCREDIBLE.
-the lead singer of my dad's band sang an original song (that I used to sing backup on) for our Father/Daughter dance.
-We had cupcakes...this is more common now, but it was pretty new to me when I picked it out.
-We swapped out an anniversary dance for the bouquet/garter toss.  The woman who had been married the longest got the bouquet.

Nothing too different, but so special for us! 

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

Happily married since April19, 2008

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Tillybilly

FH and I are doing a duet in place of a first reading. He will also be playing his acoustic bass in place of a guitar. In addition, I'll be walking down the aisle to "Playground" by Ayreon.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: Tillybilly

We had lots of food.  People are still talking about the amount of food we had.  I did not want my guests to go hungry.  We included West Virginia University colors and pregame songs.  DH and I along with many of our guests are WVU Alumni and Band Alumni.  We had WVU colored m&ms and played selections from pregame including Simple Gifts and Country Roads to begin and end our reception.  Our friends who are Drumline Alums did the drum parts to Simple Gifts on the table.  My Mom said the place settings were bouncing so high she thought they were going to break.  haha To close the reception, our friends lead our guests in the "Let's Gooooo Mountaineers" cheer all day long.  It was great.   

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Tillybilly

Ours was pretty traditional, our entrance song was NOT upbeat, it was "We've only just begun" (a fav of DH's and it was fitting for us) and our 1st dance song was "Beautiful" by Gordon Lightfoot, a song that DH heard & was excited about when he heard it on the radio one day, I fell in love with it when I heard it.

I had a friend sing all the classics (think frank sinatra, perry como, dean martin, etc) during our cocktail hour.

A small guest list, no more than 105 guests

We acknowledge my INL's 65th wedding anniversary & my great aunt & uncle's anniversay of 70+ years!  

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

We got married in December, so our entrance song was "Walking in a Winter Wonderland." The anniversary dance was "I Saw Momma Kissing Santa Claus." The last song was "Let it Snow." During the processional and recessional my then 13 year old cousin played the trumpet to some very difficult pieces. During our first dance, about 30 seconds into it, the rest of our families (siblings, parents, etc.) joined us on the dance floor. And during the Father/ Daughter dance, again about 30 seconds in, we invited all fathers to bring their daughters onto the dance floor (we didn't want to spend a lot of time out there with people staring, waiting to be allowed to dance). When we entered, we immediately cut the cake so they could whisk it away and serve it for dessert. Then our personalities came through, too. DH wrote "HE" and "LP" on the soles of his shoes and when we kneeled during the ceremony, everyone laughed. During the garter removal, DH pulled out a XXXL pair of cotton panties. Our guests enjoyed using them on the dance floor. We had a signature drink from Hpnotiq (matched our color blue) and we had glowsticks in them. Then there were things that we noticed that most did not know. The church we were married in was chosen because it is attached to the school I attended for 4 years. The reception site is associated with the marina that DH and I went to on our first date.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine