I got my tiara! But...does it match my dress??

Online Users: 1,251 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Sherezada Posts : 29 Registered: 12/4/07
I got my tiara! But...does it match my dress??
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 7:55 PM

I went to DB a few weeks ago to try on some tiaras with my non-DB dress. I found this ivory-looking tiara that I thought would go perfect with it, so I went home and looked through Ebay until I finally won it for $80 (retail price:$199).

Well it arrived today, and now that I look at it under day light I'm not so sure it matches so well. My dress is ivory, but it has silver embroidery and beading. Some of the beading in the tiara is a peachy pink! Here are some pictures:

What do you think, should I try to resell it and get a silver tiara, or do you think the difference is not so bad?

shortlittlebride Posts : 30 Registered: 5/31/08
Re: I got my tiara! But...does it match my dress??
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: Sherezada

It's hard to tell because you will have the tiara on your head, not right next to your dress.  As far as I can tell it doesn't clash with your dress.  It's all very beautiful.  Put the tiara and dress on and ask some of your close friends for their opinion.  Let us know what you decide!

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: Sherezada

I don't think it's a huge clash.  I'd do as PP suggested and try it on with the dress to see if it's noticable.

Love all the detail on your dress!  Who is it?  I love looking at wedding dresses!

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

serendipity3033 Posts : 363 Registered: 5/11/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I think the two look very good together... I like the peach, but I honestly wouldntve thought anything of it if you didnt point it out.  Just out of curiosity, what are your wedding colors??  If they are anything in the peach/pink family, I think youve got it made!

NikiiB Posts : 3 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Sherezada

I think if you have that color or close to it in your wedding colors then it will be perfect...but when you try it on together what do YOU think? If you like it then that's all that matters, make it your own unique style

4.18.09 Nothing is as pure and sweet as two now make each complete*

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine