Who pays?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
Who pays?
Posted: May 27, 2008 5:38 PM

I have heard conflicting reports that the brides mother is responsible for paying for the bridal parties hair and makeup, is this true? Thanks!!

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Re: Who pays?
Posted: May 27, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have no idea what the etiquette book says about this.  I do know, though, that I had every intention of paying for the bridal parties' hair but my mom beat me to it!  Sneaky! 

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 27, 2008 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Not true!  You can offer to pay for their hair and makeup, but you don't have to (or your mil, in this case).

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I say you should make them kind of a deal like if they are getting their nails and hair pay for one or something like that. I think I heard mother but I don't know shit.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've never heard of that before. Generally, the WP pays for their own beauty appointments. If the bride is requiring a specific hairdo or requiring manicures or professional makeup, I think it's nice of her to offer to pay for them.

My BMs all paid for their own beauty appointments. I didn't require them to get their hair done, but all of them got something done anyway (two of them just had theirs washed and blowdried, not an updo). We had a 'spa outing' the day before the wedding, and everybody got their nails done - one chose just to get a manicure, but the others got both manis and pedis. I made it clear that I didn't mind if they didn't do either, but they all wanted their nails done, at least. None of us considered professional makeup. I thought about it for myself, but I'm pretty good with makeup, so I didn't think I needed it. I think my BMs would have laughed if I had told them I wanted them to get their makeup done professionally.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

kclp33 Posts : 25 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am paying for all my BMs to get their hair done. We are going to the salon the day before and its up to them what they want done, but they will be paying that for themselves. I was going to do professional makeup but I don't wear much makeup and didn't want to look fake on my wedding day, so I am going to just go to a makeup counter and have them teach me and buy some nice makeup!!! Plus it all depends on the money you have to spend!

We tie the knot August 2, 2008!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine