August 2008 Brides!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 482

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Re: August 2008 Brides!!!
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

We got our marriage license!!! (well paid and applied anyway, it's ready today but my sister/MOH will pick it up since she is in town)

We drove back to IN from PA to our little town completely flooded. The river that was 4 blocks from our apartment was 1/2 a block away, covering most of the neighborhood with water. None of the water got in our apartment althought we secretly wanted it to. We have great renter's insurance and could have got all new stuff! FH is moving to Memphis on Monday and I'm hoping to follow him soon after. We are going to attempt to be apart until I get a job in Memphis so that we have 2 incomes until our lease runs out here in IN. Just more craziness before our wedding.

I made a list today of everything (I think!) that needs to be done before the wedding. I'm going to add it online to a checklist so hopefully I'll be a little more organized. We'll see how that goes.

Annajawea Posts : 2 Registered: 1/17/08
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: karma898

Hello. I am getting married August 9 also. This is my first time writing here and getting used to this. :) getting so excited. Time is flying!

Anne 

Ijetski2 Posts : 36 Registered: 3/3/08
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Wow, You are so lucky not to have any water damage.  I had over 15 thousand in damage to my house a few years ago and the insurance was a total hassle to get anything done.  I lost so much that wasn't replacable.   My heart truly goes out to those dealing with the mess.  Natural distasters always put things in perspective for me and Im feeling so not stressed about wedding stuff.  It seems trivial compared to whats going on in the world. 

I'm glad to see everyone's planning is coming along.  My daughter is taking the train here to Or. from Wa. and will be helping me finish the centerpieces and some of the final decorations.  I've missed not being closer to my family for help with planning.   I went for my dress fitting on Tues. and pick it up for the final touches in mid July.  Still working on a menu with the catering people, its hard to get a final price on things since the gas prices are driving up the cost of everything. 

I leave for Calif. with 2 of my good girl pals for 5 days in the sun.  This will be my official shower and I'm looking forward to some fun and relaxing.  Poolside her I come. 

Counting down to Aug. 16th 2008.  Soulmates say I DOSmile

81608Bride Posts : 91 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

I can't believe it - 2 months until the wedding!!  I'm going for my first fitting tomorrow.  Can't wait to put my dress back on.

How is everything going for all you other August brides?

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: 81608Bride

Wow, August is approaching fast!!!! We have our reply by date as July 5th! I'm going back to Pittsburgh this weekend to get my bridal portraits done. My mom is picking up my dress and veil tomorrow. This is crazy! FH moved to Memphis on Sunday and I'm following him next Friday. We have a lot going on this summer. I have a job interview on Thursday in Memphis so at least I get to see him for one night!

The last minute things to do are in sain! We are working on coming up with our ceremony plan and I have no idea where to start. FH took our laptop to Memphis so I'm just trying to do all I can without a computer! Anyone else a little stressed?

81608Bride Posts : 91 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 8:38 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

I went for my fitting today and it went great!!  I could not believe it - the dress was almost perfect in size!  The only thing I had to have done was the cap sleeves had to be sized (tightened) and the bustle.  Length, sides, etc. don't have to be touched!  I have included a picture of my gown.  I'm soooo excited!!!!

http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2797&prodgroup=159

Message was edited by: 81608Bride

080808bride Posts : 151 Registered: 5/16/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: 81608Bride

I feel like I have been so busy with ending my first year of teaching, and planning all the last minute details to our wedding that I haven't posted in forever! With that said, I would love to see and hear all of the details of your wedding...with 49 days to go, here are the pics that I have and the special touches we have added for our wedding:

ceremony dress inspirations:

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dresses and Bridal Gowns Collection presented by The Bridal Shop on thebridalshop.com Style #brittanya

Message was edited by: 080808bride

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

Photobucket reception dress: Photobucket

hair, veil and comb inspiration: Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

honeymoon outfits: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

cake stuff: Photobucket

Photobucket

favors: Photobucket wheat grass centerpiece, but with the curly willow instead of flowers:

Photobucket

Photobucket

floating candle centerpieces: Photobucket

guys stuff: Photobucket Photobucket

gifts for parents: the frames say "family is a link to the past and a bridge to the future" Photobucket

ceremony stuff: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket flowers: Photobucket

invitation inspiration: Photobucket

bridesmaids dresses but ice blue with a chocolate brown sash: Photobucket

Message was edited by: 080808bride

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: 080808bride

All of your pictures are so pretty!  Your wedding will be spectacular! :)

I am mailing my invitations TODAY!  I am headed to the post office this morning before work.  FINALLY!  My FMIL thinks that it's still too early to mail them, but I disagree.  All of my family and friends are in Oregon (we live in southern Idaho) so I want to make sure they get their invitation soon so they have plently of time to make travel arrangements, ask for time off work, etc.  Our wedding day is August 16th, so we have less than 60 days to go...is it too early to be mailing invitations out??

I am picking up my wedding dress THIS WEEKEND!  I can't WAIT to put it on.  I love my dress!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!  Is anyone doing any wedding planning over the weekend?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Jun 20, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

mandylynn,

we mailed our invites at 60 days to go, and then asked for the RSVP's by 30 days. I knew people would push the timeline and be later, and that way we aren't scrambling to call at 2 weeks to give our caterer our head count. We have gotten about 50 right now, and are still waiting on like 100 more! yikes. i dont think people are really good about rsvping anymore.

congrats on picking up your dress! my aunt, who is making mine, has not even started it yet. slightly stressed...but she guarentees that it will be done!

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

Hey MandyLynn,    I don't think its too early at all.   Most people appreciate the advanced invites so they can plan thier summer fun.  I have about 30 of 100 that have so far responded yes.  I do have 2 regrets but these were people that are out of state and don't really have the finances to travel. 

We live in Oregon on the coast and most of our guests are in Wa.

I also have had my dress fitted but don't do the final fitting till July 23rd.  I didn't have to have much done but the bustle.  I finally found a pair of shoes that are cute and comfy.  I still have to have surgery on my ankle but am putting it off as long as possible.  I don't want to be on crutches saying I DO!  

Hope your weekend is going well and happy planning everyone.

Soon2bMrsL898 Posts : 64 Registered: 7/15/07
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Annajawea

Welcome Annajawea, I am also getting married on 8/9/08, we are having a wedding with about 150 people, I sent invites about 2 weeks ago and so far gotten about 50 yes and 2 no,. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your day!

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 1:02 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsL898

Bump! Where are all my brides at!!! We are around the corner and heading for home plate (sorry- Allstar Game has me baseball inspired!). I'm not tell the very last day of August but I know some of you are ready to rock and roll in a couple of weeks!! How are things going?

Maggie and Tom

08 31 08

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 1:52 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

I think everyone has hit the WOW 1 month stage and trying to keep things going.  Im there and have almost everything done I hope.  There is always last minute things popping up to do.  The last month flew by, but ready or not 8-16-08 here we come and I can't wait!!!

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 7:38 AM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

I think we are all in the time crunch right now!! We got our marriage license last week. I meet with my "caker" tomorrow to finalize details and pay the balance. Next Tuesday I meet with the florist to go over everything and pay off the balance. Next week Wednesday we meet with our photog. to go over the must haves, who is who, when and what and pay the balance. Then, the 27th we give the final head count to the caterer, pay that balance and finalize menu choices. I think I'm almost done!!! 22 more days to go and I am ready :) Oh right- my dress is still not done, but hopefully I can squeeze out the last two fittings this weekend. No stress about that (wink wink). I think I'm in the sucky-stage of paying everyone off. It was all fun and games during the "planning" stage where you get to pick all the vendors and pay just a tiny bit. Welp, starting tomorrow we will be BROKE as a joke. I am just waiting on all of those cards we'll get at the wedding :) (teasing, by the way).

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine