July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

For favors we're doing the little tulle bags of hershey's kisses b/c they're easy and one of my favorite candies. I'm a chocoholic! lol.

Um...so far we've gotten replies for like, 86 people or so...and now they've stopped. It's really annoying b/c I kinda want to know who is coming to my wedding! lol. I'm actually going through and adding all of the people that I "know" will be there who haven't replied yet--aka, the wedding party, family, etc. lol. That way I have a little bit better of an idea. Okay, so now that that's done...including me and Chris, we're up to 109. Not bad at all, actually, but we'll probably get up to 200. We'll see, though.

Chris and I are going to get the marriage license tomorrow, and meet with the officiant to talk about the ceremony. But I'm kinda back to square one with the ceremony music because Chris decided he wants to help pick that out to, after being totally uninterested in it this WHOLE time. Grrr....but at least he's made sure that his GMs get fitted. We're going to order the guys's gifts this week, along with some other stuff that we might need. And what else? My hair trial should be next week sometime, I got a $40 tanning package at the Tan Co so I can get a little bit of color for the big day, and...I'm COMPLETELY done with the friggin' invitations--my aunt finally got the list to me like the DAY I was going to return the ones that I bought.

I also talked to my OOT BM today, and she's not sure about being here for my bachelorette party. Kind of disappointing, but she's a young wife too, and money is really tight right now for her and her hubby. And with gas being so expensive, its much more economical for them to come down together. so yeah...a little disappointing, but I'm just glad that she can be here!

Anything else???

Oh yeah...my parents are being ridiculous again.

We moved into the apartment months ago, but because I didn't want to deal with the insane amount of drama that I knew would occur, I decided to wait until closer to the wedding, hoping that they wouldn't be so strongly opposed to the idea if it was a very short time until the wedding. Well basically, I was wrong. They are EXTREMELY angry that Chris and I are living together and not married. My mom's words were "don't you know anything about anything?? That's a sin and you know it!" Of course, I had to laugh...one second I don't know squat and the next I do...but anyway. My dad has decided that he needs to set some groundrules for what I can and can't talk about with my siblings, and all that in order to prevent my "bad behavior" from affecting my siblings further. Hey, I already caused my younger sister and her BF to have sex....who knows how much damage I might do! I haven't talked to him yet, but according to my sister, she's a fool (don't know where that came from) and Chris and I are a moron and an idiot, although I don't know which of us got which name.

And they accuse me of trash talk...grr.

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Message was edited by: ryanne

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Pegah - Ooh, cool! I hope your aunts and other family members have a great time! I'm sure all the family will love seeing each other.

Oh man, don't even get me started on favors. I can't stand the whole idea of them!!! I'm already spending about $50 a guest and now you STILL want some stupid cookie or hershey kiss??? I'm giving you dinner, NICE cake, music, entertainment, etc , and you still need more?!?!?!

IMO, a guest who wants a favor is like a bride who demands $100 gifts.

OK, rant over.

Ryanne -  "But I'm kinda back to square one with the ceremony music because Chris decided he wants to help pick that out to, after being totally uninterested in it this WHOLE time"

Haha, my FH has been constantly doing that!!! I ask his opinion on something, he doesn't say anything, then I make a decision. A few weeks later, all of the sudden, h'es like, well I don't like that! Bah! 

I have to admit, both are families were much cooler than we thought they would be when we told them we were moving in together (we did that last summer.) I think they just kind of assumed that's what would happen, so no biggie. Even my grandparents haven't made a fuss and they're really conservative!!!  

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

ok girls the date on my RSVP's is offically past and we have not even received back half of them... i can not guess if over 70 will come or not... grrrrrr guess i will have to start hounding people to make phone calls for us and ask people if they are coming or not since they were nice enough to waste the stamps i payed total like 75 dollars for and not RSVP to a formal event! Geeezzzzz!

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

Pegah Posts : 58 Registered: 11/27/06
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Michelle- I know what you mean. We asked people to respond by June 1st and are still awaiting 28 people! I had to constantly beg our friends to send their cards in. Some of them were like, oh we didn't know we needed to respond, I thought we could just tell you, and I was like well stuff changes and when you send the card in that is exactly what we are going to write down, yes or no and how many! Some people are just plain dumb, lol. And then my parents don't want to call their acquiantances they invited that I have never even met! They are just like "oh well, they're not coming if that haven't responded" and I'm like well you can just as easily assume they ARE coming just as you can they AREN'T! Ugh! Sometimes my parents are just plain lazy! So they agreed to handle their guests and we'll handle ours and work on getting those cards in!

On another note.....UMM....I'm getting married in a month! SAY WHA?! So excited! can't wait for the day to come. A little upset though because I have  a fitting tomorrow and hope that I am allowed to continue working out and losing more weight and maybe have yet another and final fitting a week and a half before the wedding, but a fam friend is doing the alterations and I don't know if she'll be down for that. If not, I'll just keep on with my conditioning class since it is primarily upper and lower body toning. FH is at a car auction right now with my dad so they can buy a big van to shuttle all of my family around in when they get here. We are expecting 9 family members to stay with us for 1-3 months! So yeah we'll need a van, lol!

Let's see.....went to a bridal show with my MOH on Monday. She's getting married 5 months and 1 day after us and so I went primarily for moral support. All but 2 of my vendors were there and surprisingly they remembered the exact date of the event....it was good to see them and "remind" them I'm coming up! We also were in a book that our photographer were showing people, it was funny, cause people were like I've seen you somewhere, I think you're in one of these books!

Throwing my girls a BM Brunch next Sunday where I am going to give them their presents and going to have little cupcakes that have cake pull charms, too! I'm covering the cost of the entire brunch, but it's brunch so it won't be too bad. Then the next weekend is my lingerie shower/bachelorette party! YAY! The WHOLE fam is going to the beach 4th of July weekend, the weekend before our wedding and won't get back until Monday! Then it's CRUNCH TIME! You gals know what I mean!!!!

Future Mrs. Bowman

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Pegah

OMG...today's the one month mark! I just realized that and now I'm flipping out....

Wow...I can't believe its already here!

It's officially crunch time!

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

So...

I went online to order the groomsmen gifts and it turns out thst due to high demand, I'm supposed to allow 3 to 5 weeks processing time...and thats without any personalization! Grr...I'm a little irritated b/c FH didn't want to order anything until we knew who was actually IN the WP, but now we probably aren't going to be able to get them what we wanted to.

sigh

I can't wait to be on my honeymoon...

dewdropinn Posts : 156 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

I had this favor idea I really liked, they are these pretty tea bags, but they are about $2/ea and need to be ordered by some time last week... I thought I would have a better idea of how many were coming, but we still have about half of our RSVPs back. This one is my fault for not making them due until next week. 

Come Wednesday, there are going to be a LOT of phone calls to make if nothing changes. 

I am just going to have to pick a candy and wrap them in tulle circles, which is something I can do at work. (yay for being the boss)  

The only thing I am really behind on is that I have still never actually met my DJ. He is booked, but he said we should meet about 6 weeks before to arrange things. The whole wedding planning thing has been put on hold by some staffing issues at work and finding out that I'm pregnant, so I'm really glad I found a good contractor for these things with my house or I would probably be having a nervous breakdown as I type.

My church is being annoying, I think I am going to start ignoring them and making my own decisions about what they will allow me to do because my florist is waiting on them. They have had 15 months to answer a short list of questions and the details are all due by Saturday.  #1, they have never given me an answer to whether the flower girls are allowed to throw petals. It is yes or no, how is this taking so long?

FH and I did tastings and picked our menu last weekend, it was so amazing. Their mashed potatoes are wonderful, I am so looking forward to the food.  

I have no idea what to give the people in the wedding party. I was going to pay to have the girl's hair and makeup done, but nobody seemed to want to do it, so I am not wasting my money on something they don't want. It would have been about $80/ea. 

" alt="" />

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

I hear you ladies on the RSVPs. So many people seem to think that it's perfectly acceptable to just verbally tell us they are coming-and not send back the card. Which makes me think to myself: 'Oh no you don't---I'm not wasting that stamp' lol.

Not to mention the people who just keep asking to bring along extra people. I was at a picnic and one of the people we invited comes up and says "oh, I didn't think you would mind this, but I thought I should tell you that I invited my son and his wife to come to your wedding with us." Say what???? So you want me to pay for your food, your husband's food-and your son and DIL who I hardly ever spoke 2 words to??? Wow, where do people get the nerve?

Ryanne, I'm sorry your family is giving your grief again. It really sucks. If it makes you feel any better I've been 'living in sin' for nearly 3 1/2 years now lol. Seriously though, as you know I can definitely sympathize with your family issues. Hang in there.

I freaked when I realized that my wedding is in 4 flippin weeks! Holy cannoli Batman, how am I going to get everything done?!?Then I realized that almost everything is already done-it just all needs to be paid for. Urgh.

Posted: Jun 12, 2008 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

I got a bunch of RSVP cards in the mail today...and all but one were nos. lol. I have about 11 or 12 nos and 113 yes. So we're getting there. lol.

I talked to my seamstress today and my dress is her next priority so hopefully I'll have another fitting in a week or so. And I'm going to have my hair trial next week at some point too. Yay! And I got the groomsmens gifts ordered, and they should be here by the 23rd...um...we got the questionnaire from our DJ to fill out, and...I think that's all I've managed to get accomplished today. :)

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

So is everybody with a holiday weekend wedding getting a REALLY low "yes" RSVP rate?

All along we have had about 160 or so people telling us they will be there for sure... then in the past week a lot of them changed to no because travel is just too much right now.

When I say a lot, I mean we went from aprox. 160 guests to about 115. Our reception site has a 150 minimum... so we can switch to their smaller room, which I think has a 120 max. and then our minimum wouldn't matter. We have 12 RSVP's we are waiting on, so I am thinking of asking a couple of guests we are closer to not to bring their "and guest" if it is just some random friend because if we go over their max it there is about a $2400 price difference to get the bigger room. Seriously, I don't want to be rude but 2 random people we don't know aren't worth $2400 and paying for 30 or so people who aren't there. 

The good news is this whole thing might cost a lot less than expected, but I've been a little sad today so many people don't want to come. Some of them it is a good excuse, but a couple people are talking about a 15 minute drive and saying gas is too much. That is lame. If you don't want to come at least just be honest.  

" alt="" />

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: dewdropinn

I'm having a problem getting people to RSVP in general. lol. It's just dumb. Right now we've gotten 120 yes responses and about 15 nos. And we invited 280 people! So I'm missing...145 responses. Lovely, hmm??

And the other thing is that my great-grandpa is no longer certain that he is even coming because my great aunt can't get off work...so I don't even know if my cousin and his family are coming anymore...argh. My family is so friggin' difficult!!

I REALLY don't want to call people and ask if they're coming or not. I really don't. But it definitely looks like I'm going to...unless I miraculously receive all those responses by the end of the month. Doubtful.

Well, the groomsmen gifts have shipped, but I can't track them because they're being sent USPS. Lovely.

And my great-grandpa was supposed to give me away but I've changed my mind (I don't want to start crap between him and my parents) and he might not come to the wedding anyway...the same great gpa I mentioned above.

And the bubbles we ordered aren't going to be in on time, so we cancelled that order and are just going to buy them.

And...I had a dress fitting today and the dress looks fantastic now that it actually fits me the right way! But I need to go bra shopping. :) And I've been tanning so hopefully I can rid myself of tan lines before the wedding--except for the cute little heart on my hip to chart my progress, of course!

Hair trial is next week, which is also really good. I've decided I'm going to show her a full updo and a half-do that I'd like--just in case its raining or extremely humid and I can't wear my hair down.

Other than that, I have a shower next weekend and I'm just trying to keep my sanity!

Um...other than that I'm just trying to keep my sanity!

Message was edited by: ryanne

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Yeah, we were still waiting for a huge number of RSVPs last week, which is why our numbers changed so dramatically.

My mom decided she had to call everybody to check if they sent their cards back... she started calling a week before they were due. I wanted to hide under a rock while she was doing it, but at least now it is done.

" alt="" />

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: dewdropinn

Hey, all! So sorry to have disappeared for awhile, but things have been so busy!

What with having a holiday wedding, there were a lot less people saying yes than we'd anticipated.  We had invited about 160 people, and it looks like about 100 are coming. Maybe just a little less. It is sad that so many just can't make it, but it's the perfect amount of guests really.  I just wish my grandparents, my aunt, and his grandmother were physically up to the trip, but it's just not possible for them to be there.

My shower was last Sunday, and it was so amazing! A number of people came a long way to be there, and my bridesmaids went all out, with balloons and cake and good food. We've got most of the gifts put away now, and thank you's will be finished up today (just three more to go).  Can't believe the wedding is just two weeks away now!

Tonight I have got to figure out the total head count, overall and for each table.  The country club will be wanting to know all of that soon!

When is my wedding 

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

I also had a lot of "Regrets" I suspect for various reasons. I've pretty much gotten all of the RSVPs back. I'm only missing 2, one of them from the Reverend at the church but I feel funny asking if he will be attending, though I suspect that he will not. I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with some of the no's and kind of shocked at the # of people who responded with regrets. On the bright side, this is allowing us to make a few upgrades to our menu selections. So, we really won't be saving anything b/c we will end up spending it anyways.

I ordered favors and engraved gifts over the past 1 1/2 wk. and everything arrived already. I was so surprised at the timeliness and quality. Anyway, that's about all I can write at the moment b/c I am very frazzled as I feel time coming down on me literally.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Novie

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Soooo, my wedding dress is STILL not in!! I'm told shipping is from June 15-20, so I said, oh, it will be in by Friday? Can I make a fitting appointment for this weekend?"

Them: "Well, that's just shipping. Your dress won't be in until next week."

Great. Because this weekend is one of my few free weekends left. The only other one is the fourth of july weekend, and I doubt they're going to be open. Not to mention that's cutting it awfully close to my wedding.

So now i have to make the hour and half drive after work sometime, but the only day I can do it next week is Thursday. So yeah, freaking out a little.

And yeah, RSVPs are coming in soooo slowly. I think we still need 50 back. Gah!!!! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine