the things people do for the "perfect" wedding

Online Users: 1,254 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 11

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
the things people do for the "perfect" wedding
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 6:15 PM

Oh. My. GOD.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/140148/page/1

As I said in my blog, the bridesmaids PRE-NUP is a bit much.

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Sollie Posts : 24 Registered: 4/4/08
Re: the things people do for the "perfect" wedding
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

That is insane. The only thing I can really understand is the dance choreography. And even that is too expensive for what it gives. And the bridesmaid pre-nup....wow. Words cannot describe.

"The sun warms everything, even while I am far away. Love me faithfully, and know that I am faithful."------Z. Randall Stroope

"You and I collide." ------Howie Day "Collide"

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: Sollie

Wow! I can't wait for this to be featured on Bridezillas!
http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

With the exceptions of the dance lessons (although not that detailed) and the signature martini, all I I have to say is "WTF?"

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Dear LN,

I was open-jawed when I read the part in the bridesmaid contract about not "intentionally" getting pregnant.

The nerve.

I would never sign an agreement to NOT get pregnant. Even now, when I need a baby like a hole in the head.

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Ugh.

While I don't condone most of the things that are on those pre-nup's, in one way I do think it's a good idea. I think there should be an outline, of a sort, for the BP, based on the hell my BP is putting me through. (Mind you, not every situation warrants it).

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Lorilee

Wow...

See, the pre-nup thing is just ridiculous. If you can't love your friends and family for who they are, why are they even in your bridal party???? Obviously, you should be able to trust your girls not to get totally trashed at your reception, but that definitely doesn't require a pre-nup.

Everything else is just another whacked out way to blow your money, if you ask me. lol. Although, the signature drink idea is kinda cool...lol.

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

The only thing on my BM contract would be "PLEASE GOD DON'T DISAPPEAR TO HAITI THE WEEK BEFORE AND NOT TALK TO ME UNTIL THREE MONTHS AFTER."

But in seriousness... A miniature three-tiered wedding guest for each guest? I'm so glad I don't have money to burn like that.

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

They have a show on TLC where the bride and groom gets their wedding party in on their first dance (which is usually an upbeat song). The shows I've seen have been pretty light-hearted, it seems like fun. The signiture martini is a cute idea too.

But the REST of that crap?? Hells no. That is just taking it too far...even if it IS your money to spend.

I looooooove my dog as much as the next person, but putting him in the wedding IN a tux??? to each his own but in our wedding....no deal.

That prenup is PAST freakin' ridiculous... and those mini cakes?? No thanks.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Amen.

The dance idea could be fun (I saw one on YouTube where the whole WP did the dance to "Thriller") and a signature drink (maybe not one based on your relationship) they are cuckoo pants. 

The example they had of the BP pre-nup on the ABA's Web site was left me speechless. 

People these days.

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

bridegonecrazy Posts : 114 Registered: 11/29/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Seriously a bm pre nup?  That's the craziest thing I've ever heard of.  WTH?  I mean really.  One of BM is pregnant and I'm thrilled, I even offered to make sure she could sit and for her to wear Crocs if they were comfy.  I can't imagine....of course I'm no Bridezilla.
URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/29ec92a38c5cc24d.gif[/IMG][/URL] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Yeah... custom dog tuxes and FG dresses....yeah...

Some people just have too much money. Plus, this doesn't make the day perfect in the least. It's just stuff.

I bet those brides cry if something small happens that no one notices but her. 

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine