When to give WP gifts?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Sollie Posts : 24 Registered: 4/4/08
When to give WP gifts?
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 4:23 AM

Ok, so I know that the groomsmen and bridesmaids are given gifts, but my question is, when do you give them the gifts? Do you do it after the wedding? or at the rehearsal dinner?

Also, and this question isn't as important, but do you give the same gift to all of them pretty much? (for example, a personalized flask to all the groomsmen, a personalized wine glass to all the bridesmaids, etc?) Would that be tacky or is it normal?

"The sun warms everything, even while I am far away. Love me faithfully, and know that I am faithful."------Z. Randall Stroope

"You and I collide." ------Howie Day "Collide"

kowgirlbride Posts : 52 Registered: 3/30/08
Re: When to give WP gifts?
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 6:09 AM Go to message in response to: Sollie

I think wedding party gifts are generally given at the RD. That's when I am giving mine out.

You can give the same gift to all of the wedding party or you can give them each something a little more individualized. It all depends on your WP and budget. We got our GM flasks, which they will all love I'm sure. For my 2 MOH's I got totes with their initials, a diamond necklace ( I got a really good deal at Zales!!) and I'm also gonna put together a photo collage of pictures. My roommate from college is my groom for the day and I am getting her a personalized saddle carrier.

Message was edited by: kowgirlbride

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: kowgirlbride

Both answers are up to you! However, normally the Rehearsal Dinner is the best place to give any gifts to your Bridal Party, parents, etc; since the purpose of the dinner is really to thank everyone who was a part of your wedding. DH and I stood up during dessert, made a toast,and thanked everyone. Then we gave out the gifts.

What to give them is up to you. You certainly can go with the same thing for the men/same for women, etc. A lot of people do that. OR you can personalize them to each persons personality somehow. For example, if you got the women bracelets, you could get each girl a different color that most reminds you of them.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The RD is where i have always been given BP gifts, since it is the place to thank your WP. We decided to get the GM the same gift and the BP the same gift. but we added a little touch of our own and since we are having a christmas wedding everyone is getting stockings filled with a few fun items, and the Gm are getting personalized beer mugs, instead of their name they are getting decorations on them that fits their personality. The BP are getting personalized champagne flutes each with a different gem stone pattern on them, things like a crown or a butterfly ect ect

its up to you really 

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Sollie Posts : 24 Registered: 4/4/08
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: Sollie

Thanks everyone! Smile You guys confirmed what I thought. 

"The sun warms everything, even while I am far away. Love me faithfully, and know that I am faithful."------Z. Randall Stroope

"You and I collide." ------Howie Day "Collide"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine